Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leather Newbie
Well this is my 2nd vehicle with leather interior but my 1st was a jeep and I let it get dirty and didn't treat it well. But now I really want to take care of our new vehicle but im not sure what to use.

This is what our seats look like
[Image: 2009-lincoln-mkx_21.jpg]

So first of should I be using two different type's of treatment one for light colour and one for dark?

Now here is the tricky part the light section in the center is almost like a basketball jersey and has alot of tiny holes so what can I use to treat/protect it and what should I use to clean it any tips would help thanks guys.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
my buddy told me a bought a leather wax. (ill find out what is called)

any hoo he shampooed my svt seats and put is on the leather and there still shining almost 5days later.

all ask him today.
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
ive used armor all for the leather. makes the seats slippery!!
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
I use the Meguiar's stuff. The best! I think it's safe to use the same stuff for light and dark, but I wouldn't use the same wipe. I would use one for the light, one for the dark.
And don't just wipe it down, you're supposed to massage the solution in.
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
x2 on the Meguiar's recommendation, but depending on the Meguiar's product you buy, the instructions may in fact be different as to whether to spray & wipe or "work it in"

The Meguiar's Gold Class leather cleaner/protectant I use is spray & wipe for example.

NefCanuck
ZX3_2NV,Apr 1 2010, 10:11 AM Wrote:Well this is my 2nd vehicle with leather interior but my 1st was a jeep and I let it get dirty and didn't treat it well. But now I really want to take care of our new vehicle but im not sure what to use.

This is what our seats look like
[Image: 2009-lincoln-mkx_21.jpg]

So first of should I be using two different type's of treatment one for light colour and one for dark?

Now here is the tricky part the light section in the center is almost like a basketball jersey and has alot of tiny holes so what can I use to treat/protect it and what should I use to clean it any tips would help thanks guys.
[right][snapback]304260[/snapback][/right]

IIRC your seats are the "heated / cooled" and those tiny holes in the lighter part is where the "cool" comes from - so whatever you use, make sure it doesn't plug those holes.

What does the manual say?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner for my cars.

http://www.eshine.ca/lexol_spray_leather_c...3130.php?cat=23

http://www.eshine.ca/lexol_spray_leather_c...3132.php?cat=23

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
ZTW thats what I figured but I wasn't sure. I flipped thru the manual but haven't gone thru the whole thing yet the Dam Nav one took me a while to go thru. You think there will be suggestions or tips in there? If yaa I'll keep a look out.

And Nate can I find the products you posted anywhere local or is it just online?
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
Not sure, I buy all my detail supplies online. Much easier, and usually cheaper.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]