Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Did Your Gas Prices Jump Today?
I put in 12L for 16.00 yesterday... Luckily i got gas when it was 1.139 so ultra 94 was only 1.28
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
NefCanuck,Sep 2 2005, 09:44 AM Wrote:Thank god I filled up at 1.139, still was over $33 for 29.7L  :angry:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]138391[/snapback][/right]

And I filled up for $38 and change for 36+L of 87 Octane at Crappy Trash Gas Bar at 104.3 and was mildly pleased with myself.

My boss has been watching the oil/gas futures and says we're due for a HUGE downturn soon, but he's not sure when soon is.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I guess he hasnt read this yet

Life after the oil crash

tyler posted it earlier in the thread...

scary stuff. :ph34r:
05 Altima SE-R
IF it's true. Which I sincerely hope it's not... because we're far too reliant on fossil fuels to survive completely as a society, nevermind transfer seamlessly to new power / generation sources.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Yup, that article may be doom and gloom. but its scientific doom and gloom this time...

The world is f**ked!...
05 Altima SE-R
I give up!!!!!

$1.39!!!!!!!
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Its 148.9 for reg in Halifax today, this is getting retarded.
Gas hit 1.18 for regular and 1.28 premium yesterday at 2 and there more then likely going up more.
on the new sthey said in musoaka(sp) it hit 1.90 for reg
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
focusgold2001,Aug 31 2005, 07:28 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Aug 31 2005, 05:38 PM Wrote:anyone know the price in montreal?
[right][snapback]137890[/snapback][/right]

the gas price jump from 1,049$/L to 1,359$/L :( :angry: :unsure:
[right][snapback]137964[/snapback][/right]

the gas raise to 1,47$/L, add 0.06$ for premium gas :censored2: :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

[Image: 6c61b10a.jpg]
2001 Focus SE Sport, Automatic
[Image: 24070_7026.jpg]
http://www.cardomain.com/id/focusgold
ZX5focused,Sep 2 2005, 12:54 PM Wrote:I give up!!!!!

$1.39!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]138448[/snapback][/right]

that was the price this morning in saugaz too.. damn it, oil companies have us by the balls
My other ride is your Mom
Let me just add my 2 cents, for what it's worth, on what is happening here. I did a paper, oh some 15 years ago, in university on the economics of the oil industry in Canada. This isn't going to make you very happy. We currently harvest over 80% of the oil we use in this country. That number might even be more since I did the paper. Those American retailers that sell close to our borders buy their gas from canadian suppliers because it's cheaper. Then we drive over the border to get cheaper gas. How ludicrous is that.
But we also manufacture 98% of our oil into gas products here at home. So, to say this is just a gas gouge is putting it midly. The prices are rising because the demand for gas in the US is now tenfold what it was last week. And the Americans want our gas. So if we won't pay the escalated prices, they will.

Demand is sucking the hell out of supply right now and our wallets are losing.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
^---- some good insight.. I never thought of that.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

too much
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
well again, as of 5 am this mornign prices at the pump from Brampton to Milton are ranging from $1.199L ~ $1.309L..........
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
I guess with the prices being what they are... It's almost worth what it costs to harvest and refine the stuff now.

What I don't get, is I was under the inderstanding that Canada had a 75billion dollar surplus (reserve) of petrol. What happened to it all? and why are we following what the U.s is doing????
It cost me 50$ to fill up my focus
Turbo arrived!
ANTHONYD,Sep 3 2005, 07:47 AM Wrote:I guess with the prices being what they are... It's almost worth what it costs to harvest and refine the stuff now.

What I don't get, is I was under the inderstanding that Canada had a 75billion dollar surplus (reserve) of petrol. What happened to it all? and why are we following what the U.s is doing????
[right][snapback]138623[/snapback][/right]

Actually Canada is an Oil Producing / refining country. We Don't have a national Surplus like our american neighbors, as we export most of our oil around the world, Since we make more then enough of it. The sad thing is Oil in this country says it's high demand, or low surplus, of from the damage of the hurricane in the south and that's why we're paying what we are paying at the pumps, But reality is if we make more than enough for Canada, why is our prices so high in our country? Because Canada has to go with everyone else as to what it's priced. I remember doing a report in High school on exporting of oil, and it broke down to something like this as to where our oil is going.

10% - going to Europe
10 - 15% - goes to Asia
50% - Goes to our american nieghbors
25 - 30% - stays right here in Canada.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Didn't Canada find like a sh*t load of oil in the north in a protect park? I heard that somewhere..is it true?
Turbo arrived!
135.3 right outside my house in etobicoke last night .. ha ha .. all I could do was laugh.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.