Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Niagara-on-the-lake Cruise 2005 (all Info Inside)
I am trying, but have been screwing around golfing and working a little, but I hope that CrazyKev and I can G2G and get a route in place before the munchdown on Friday.

I also need a prize for the winner.

Something related to the site or the car itself. I'll see what I can come up with. Maybe Mitch can donate or cheaply give for a fraction of the cost something like a grill or something small that everyone might like. But we need 2. That is going to be a requirement for participation that 2 members of FC.net are in one car. This is supposed to be about getting to know your fellow fuktard.

So Kev, what about Thurs afternoon?

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
or maybe some ford dealerships also,
sure
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
what kind of roads you guys want to drive on, ones like this?
http://www.clipshack.com/ClipList.aspx?viewmode=3

any other good plpaces to host a video?
2001 SE Sedan

760.8km on 45L
i post this topic on clubfocusquebec.com

i will try to come ans i hope i will not be the only one form quebc
Well looks like we'll be paying a little less than a buck a litre so we should be good Scoob :P Being less than a month away, I figure now would be a good time to set up the convoys to the meeting spot.

Here's how it looks:

[Image: cruise.jpg]

The two arrows point to Beamsville and Niagara-on-the-lake.

As you can see, for those coming from the GTA, steel town, or from London, there is a decent commute. The best way to make sure everyone makes it without getting lost is to run convoys. Granted, it means driving at the speed limit with all license and insurance information ready for the potential 5.0. stops... but it's fun.

I'd like to set up the Scarborough/Markham/Pickering/Ajax/Oshawa/People coming in from Ottawa/Quebec convoy. Considering the meet we were able to put together, I figure we'll probably be able to assemble a huge convoy.

Here's how it'll work:

All attending cars should post in the forum for the GTA East NOTL cruise (link provided below).

We'll meet at Kennedy Commons (Kennedy Rd. & 401 in Scarborough) at 8:00. There is a Tim Hortons there for coffee/donuts to keep you awake on the road. We will leave at 8:30 SHARP in order to make Beamsville by latest 10 am - if you're not there by then, you can try to catch up to us on the hwy. Try to radio us, we'll let you know where we are.

FRS radios will be set to channel 11.

GTA East/Ottawa/Quebec Convoy thread

If a GTA west convoy is set up, we can try to meet up with them along the way, but it'll probably be easiest to just go in individual groups.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I'M PROPOSING WE ALL MEET AT THE GATEWAY TO NIAGARA REST STOP ON THE Q.E.W. NIAGARA BOUND AT 10:00 AM ON THE DAY OF THE CRUISE. WE WILL MINGLE IN THE PARKING LOT UNTILL 11:00 AM TO WAIT FOR ANY STRAGGLERS.

AT 11:00 WE WILL BEGIN THE CONVOY DOWN THE Q.E.W. THROUGH ST.CATHARINES TO N.O.T.L. TO THE PARK WHERE LUNCH WILL BE SERVED AND FOOTBALLS WILL BE TOSSED.

AT APPROXIMATELY 1:00PM THE POKER RUN WILL BEGIN. THE POKER RUN WILL END WHEN FINAL CAR ARRIVES BACK AT THE BBQ SITE.

ONCE THE LAST CAR ARRIVES, WE WILL THEN SEE WHERE THE REST OF THE DAY TAKES US!
Where is the gateway to niagara stop?

is that the beamsville tims?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Sep 14 2005, 02:28 PM Wrote:Where is the gateway to niagara stop?

[right][snapback]141933[/snapback][/right]

Nope. CASSABLANCA
ANTHONYD,Sep 14 2005, 02:46 PM Wrote:

Nope. CASSABLANCA
[right][snapback]141936[/snapback][/right]

So the exit is actually called Casablanca?

So if I'm not losing my marbles here, all I have to do is go QEW Niagara and this exit will hit me over the head like a clue by four? Even I can do that :lol:

I'll pull my gigantic Ontario map from the Focus tommorow and see if I can spot this exit

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 14 2005, 06:50 PM Wrote:

Nope. CASSABLANCA

So if I'm not losing my marbles here, all I have to do is go QEW Niagara and this exit will hit me over the head like a clue by four? Even I can do that :lol:

I'll pull my gigantic Ontario map from the Focus tommorow and see if I can spot this exit

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]142016[/snapback][/right]

Yeah its pretty hard to miss, big road signs and all, and at the end, an arrow that points at it!

as an aside, is there a park picked out in NOTL? Be kind of silly for me to drive up there, and then back down (no biggy though, was thinking about driving up there anyways just for the cruise back down to the park).
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
torradan,Sep 14 2005, 06:59 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Sep 14 2005, 06:50 PM Wrote:

Nope. CASSABLANCA

NefCanuck

Yeah its pretty hard to miss, big road signs and all, and at the end, an arrow that points at it!

as an aside, is there a park picked out in NOTL? Be kind of silly for me to drive up there, and then back down (no biggy though, was thinking about driving up there anyways just for the cruise back down to the park).
[right][snapback]142017[/snapback][/right]

There are SEVERAL parks along the route through N.O.T.L. I think we can drive until we find that one can hold us all. I'm guessing we shouldn't have much of a problem.

If we do, we can always "crash" my dad's place. I know he would lose his mind if 20 foci showed up! :lol:
NefCanuck,Sep 14 2005, 05:50 PM Wrote:

Nope. CASSABLANCA

NefCanuck
you cross over the Burlington Skyway on the QEW, then watch the right side of the road, you will pass Deere Direct(John Deere), then take the Casablanca exit, there is a Ford(Forbes) dealership right before the exit. It takes about 5-10minutes after crossing the skyway.

this is right beside the rest station, visible from the highway
[Image: 100_0402.jpg]
Grimsby
2001 SE Sedan

760.8km on 45L
dis poka run guna b awsonwe

you guna be trailerd to teh terminal so you can be Focused on making the deal.Ship: anyone wanna buy a boat?
2001 SE Sedan

760.8km on 45L
Ok, let's get the ball rolling as Kev and I got together and worked out a great course and map with the stops at local business' along the way. It's going to be great fun with twisties and local interests along the way.

Please add your name and sign up that you are interested.

Oh, and there will be a great prize for the winner.

Real easy and simple for all the Focus folk. About 1 hour 15 minutes for the total route around the area. For those who don't want to drive in it, they can hook up with another member. I would prefer to have 2 members per car, but if you bring a buddy then have fun with them.

I am in

1. meford4u

Ok, let's get the ball rolling as Kev and I got together and worked out a great course and map with the stops at local business' along the way. It's going to be great fun with twisties and local interests along the way.

Please add your name and sign up that you are interested.

Oh, and there will be a great prize for the winner.

Real easy and simple for all the Focus folk. About 1 hour 15 minutes for the total route around the area. For those who don't want to drive in it, they can hook up with another member. I would prefer to have 2 members per car, but if you bring a buddy then have fun with them.

I am in

1. meford4u
2. ZX3Guy2000

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
1. meford4u
2. ZX3Guy2000
3. ZX5focused (solo as of now)
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
If everyone is going i'll go. but i'd prefer to just stay and chill out... less likleyhood of the focus-explosion.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
ANTHONYD,Sep 16 2005, 12:36 PM Wrote:I'll go if we need more cars.

Jen is directionally retarded. So I'm definately at a handycap.
[right][snapback]142595[/snapback][/right]

Your going

scoobasteve,Sep 16 2005, 01:07 PM Wrote:If everyone is going i'll go. but i'd prefer to just stay and chill out...  less likleyhood of the focus-explosion.
[right][snapback]142604[/snapback][/right]

And your going too. If you don't wanna drive your own car, then hang out and chill in someone's else's car.

Fuktardo

i guess i have to go, i guess, lol. Tiss a grand trip throughoout the niger aregion.
But if noone goes the people who do go will have a better chance at the super happy fun prise you will win if you win. Im Pokerly retarded so i wont know if i have a good hand or not. Me and Meford4U went through HELL(St. Catherines) to do this root for you guys, so your all going!
2001 SE Sedan

760.8km on 45L

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re: Niagara Cruise ANTHONYD 19 7,185 09-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Last Post: NefCanuck
  Guaging Intrest In A Niagara Cruise And..... ANTHONYD 36 10,242 09-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ANTHONYD
  All The Info For The Niagara Cruise..... meford4u 46 14,733 09-26-2006, 04:10 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck
  Niagara Cruise..... meford4u 63 23,727 09-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Last Post: meford4u
  Niagara Cruise meford4u 26 8,360 09-15-2006, 01:02 PM
Last Post: meford4u
  Niagara Cruise Rules. ANTHONYD 27 8,905 10-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Last Post: Frost__2001