Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Subs.... Cant Decide.
If you want a sick sub that will take alot of power and still sound amazing you should look at the eclipse titanium. I put one in my bosses truck and it pounds.
here check it out. http://www.eclipse-web.com/sw9100/sw9122.html .The specs say 750 rms but we have 1100 watts going to it and the sub loves it.
Eclipse makes good equipment. I'll have to check them out...

wait, isnt their titanium line like 1000 per sub ?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Jackhammer?
STRAIGHT TO RIDICULOUS BASS!

damn, i whored my own thread.
05 Altima SE-R
have you considered Boston Accoutics G512, heard 2 10's in a WRX and it made stuff in the shop vibrate. and they don't take up that much space, think 1.0 cu. ft per sub.
'03 Focus SVT
Damn! just looked into them. Only 450 rms a piece... the new amp would blow them
05 Altima SE-R
you can't over power speakers!... you ruin/blow speakers by pumping it full of dirty signals ( when AC turns to DC ) and the amp clips. turn down the gains or better yet tune the amp to properly set the gains and you will be fine.

save your money keep your exsisting subs, unless you really want new ones :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I really do want new ones. + A smaller box... thats why i'm thinking 2x 12s now. especially since i want to mount my amps differently. so my existing box would not fit.
05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,Sep 6 2005, 04:34 PM Wrote:I really do want new ones. + A smaller box... thats why i'm thinking 2x 12s now.  especially since i want to mount my amps differently. so my existing box would not fit.
[right][snapback]139390[/snapback][/right]

in that case don't listen to what everyone says about what to get. Remember a sub is only as good as the box it is in. ( I guess the same could be said about a man too eh? ) Save your money and don't concentrate on the big name subs. I have personally heard crappy no name subs pound and they were 12" that cost under $100 each. It's your call if you want to impress someone get a nice sub... everyone is biased

If you can find a nice shop that will take a box with the sub you want and pop it in your trunk ( works if you have an amp wired up already ) and take it for a spin hear how it sounds etc.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Sep 6 2005, 12:29 PM Wrote:get a focus, we can goto 180!
[right][snapback]139383[/snapback][/right]
My problem now is.

the subs i have are rated 400w rms... i'd prefer to have only 2 in my next setup

so i'd be overpowering them by 300% with the new amp. sounds a wee bit dangerous to me.
05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,Sep 6 2005, 06:10 PM Wrote:
nass,Sep 6 2005, 12:29 PM Wrote:get a focus, we can goto 180!
[right][snapback]139383[/snapback][/right]
My problem now is.

the subs i have are rated 400w rms... i'd prefer to have only 2 in my next setup

so i'd be overpowering them by 300% with the new amp. sounds a wee bit dangerous to me.
[right][snapback]139451[/snapback][/right]

ok trust me you can't over power speakers!! they will take all the power you give them. Ok sorry that is not completely true they will heat up and melt but I mean you would have to be supplying them with a lot more "clean" power we're talking like 500w going into a 75w speaker over a period of time with heavy bass. A speaker that is rated at 300w RMS and is actually getting 500w RMS ( clean signal ) will sound much better than a 500w RMS speaker getting 300w RMS.

my numbers might not be 100% acurate but the theory is. If you are afraid of " over powering " yours subs turn the gain down.

99.9% of speakers are blown/ruined because of dirty signals, when the DC wave the amp supplies the speaker turns into an AC wave which basically kills it in no time, AND NOT from supplying the speaker with too much "CLEAN" power.

***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
:ph34r: Its gonna be a tough call. I'm not easy on my car audio. and i want the performance that these woofers just cant give me anymore. Part of me wants to try out the 3x12's with the new amp.

But part of me wants something new and shiny
05 Altima SE-R
Hey you should check out the Kaption SPL series woofers. We just got Kaption at my work and we have 2 of them in our board. Man do they ever pound and they are really clear. They should handle the power you have they are 600 rms 1200 max.
Hey Tantrik, where do you work, i wouldnt mind hearing them

I think i may have decided on a pair of Brahma 12's

but we'll see.
05 Altima SE-R
you could always go and check out audiobahn they can take a beating and always sound great i never had any complaints about mine
E.O MASIV
I just skimmed the thread lots of cool info, why no sony xplod option though :lol:
My Mom Says I'm Special
Kool_ZX3,Oct 4 2005, 03:59 PM Wrote:I just skimmed the thread lots of cool info, why no sony xplod option though :lol:
[right][snapback]146513[/snapback][/right]

like I siad before everyone is biased and you get different answers with different people, I am a firm believer that you DON'T need the fancy top of the line crap that the name brands want you to buy. Sure they are in thoery better but will it make your setup sound better? no not always. Subs are as good as the box you place them in there fore start off with something cheap built a box to spec listen if you like there stay, if you don't sell it and move up. I have heard cheapo no name unbranded subs win a SQ competition.... but if you have money to burn go buy some JL's or something like that and enlarge your ego when you pop your trunk :)
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Oct 4 2005, 01:05 PM Wrote:
Kool_ZX3,Oct 4 2005, 03:59 PM Wrote:I just skimmed the thread lots of cool info, why no sony xplod option though :lol:

like I siad before everyone is biased and you get different answers with different people, I am a firm believer that you DON'T need the fancy top of the line crap that the name brands want you to buy. Sure they are in thoery better but will it make your setup sound better? no not always. Subs are as good as the box you place them in there fore start off with something cheap built a box to spec listen if you like there stay, if you don't sell it and move up. I have heard cheapo no name unbranded subs win a SQ competition.... but if you have money to burn go buy some JL's or something like that and enlarge your ego when you pop your trunk :)
[right][snapback]146517[/snapback][/right]

The sony thing was just crap lol, i heard sony thier all crap usually. Cheap and quality blows.

My buddy has 2 12" sony xplod's with sony amps in his crapalier, sounds alright but i heard better. The box is the killer piece though.
My Mom Says I'm Special
Kool_ZX3,Oct 4 2005, 04:07 PM Wrote:

The sony thing was just crap lol, i heard sony thier all crap. Cheap and quality
blows.
[right][snapback]146518[/snapback][/right]

yeah just depends who you talk to right? I have personally heard full out Xplod setups and I mean they sound alright... no idea if the amps burn out or speakers cook but I mean that's most likely user related damage.
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
nass,Oct 4 2005, 01:10 PM Wrote:
Kool_ZX3,Oct 4 2005, 04:07 PM Wrote:

The sony thing was just crap lol, i heard sony thier all crap. Cheap and quality
blows.
[right][snapback]146518[/snapback][/right]

yeah just depends who you talk to right? I have personally heard full out Xplod setups and I mean they sound alright... no idea if the amps burn out or speakers cook but I mean that's most likely user related damage.
[right][snapback]146522[/snapback][/right]

My buddy has 2 12" sony xplod's with sony amps in his crapalier, sounds alright but i heard better. The box is the killer piece though. I heard some vehicles with like walmart brand subs and it sounded better then some sony's :lol: I seen alot f sony subs blows out before, thier just not what they use to be.
My Mom Says I'm Special