Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 12's In The Trunk?
Phantom,Aug 20 2005, 06:14 PM Wrote:Cerwin Vega, Phoenix Gold. Awesome stuff there.
[right][snapback]134380[/snapback][/right]

I thought Cerwin Vega was out of business?
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
ThraxXx,Aug 20 2005, 05:47 PM Wrote:
Phantom,Aug 20 2005, 06:14 PM Wrote:Cerwin Vega, Phoenix Gold. Awesome stuff there.

[right][snapback]134393[/snapback][/right]
They did but they are back.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
For this particular car I say forget everyone's advice and go for the four 12". As for brand I recomend Canadian Tire.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
4x12" subwoofers would be a waste of money in any car unless you have the battery power, alternator power, upgraded grounds, capacitors, and very powerful amplifiers. You may only see 3-4db's louder then having 2x12" subwoofers IF your not using the requirements posted above.
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
ThraxXx,Aug 20 2005, 06:47 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]134393[/snapback][/right]
Cerwin Vega just unleashed the new StrokerPro 15, awesome sub if you have the $$$

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
NoiSeeVT,Aug 21 2005, 08:29 PM Wrote:Cerwin Vega just unleashed the new StrokerPro 15, awesome sub if you have the $$$

David
[right][snapback]134580[/snapback][/right]

Isn't that what meford's boyfriend calls him??
Well I decided to rock out 2 10" Premier subs. Actually its the 2 premiers that are in my transam right now. I am gonna pound them with my KAC 929 1000watt amp running at 4ohm doing 460watts RMS. The subs are 700watts peak, 275rms each so I think it should sound pretty decent.
if u wanted to do 4 12", you can always rock like this

[Image: 464634_249_full.jpg]
smith21,Aug 22 2005, 01:41 PM Wrote:if u wanted to do 4 12", you can always rock like this

[right][snapback]134731[/snapback][/right]

Friggin awesome setup.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
ZX3TUNR,Aug 25 2005, 04:23 AM Wrote:part your car and sell me your turbo parts. I will give you $175 for the wastegate.
[right][snapback]135567[/snapback][/right]
it prolly sounds like ass... that enclosure looks so small for 4 12's. It's for show man!
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
Raine,Aug 22 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:
smith21,Aug 22 2005, 01:41 PM Wrote:if u wanted to do 4 12", you can always rock like this

[right][snapback]134731[/snapback][/right]

Friggin awesome setup.
[right][snapback]134827[/snapback][/right]

No thanks!
That setup looks completely useless! Definately had only looks in mind. 2 12" could blow that setup away, sound quality wise, and have a 100x meaner looking setup for show purposes....

Why people feel the need to ram s**t like that into their cars is beyond me....what
a friggin waste of time, money, and space@!@!

Well the pioneers decided to explode. Literally. No clue what happened. Of all the songs to be listening to when it happened (Broken - Seether f. Amy Lee). Sub did a nice bass burp which turned into a clap which turned into the burning smell which turned into a fire in the hole. This happened on my trip to stratford. I quickly pulled the car over on the 401, busted out my trust ractive fire extinguisher and hosed the burnt woofers down and disconnected the fuse.

SO!! as a replacement...cuz I really don't care how much bass the focus has as the transam is getting a super SPL setup done...I went to wally world and bought me 2 10" jensens....w00t w00t..go $20 subs go!
There's a store called Wally World? That's awesome! lol!

2 subs for 20 bux each...not bad...especially if they are the XS series...look like decent build quality...if they blow too though...might be the amp...let us know what happens.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
well the amp is fine. I think the problem with the pioneers wasn't the amp...it was the fact that I took them out of the transam...and well I beat the s**t out of them hardcore the other weekend at a sound off. 52hz burp for 30 seconds straight.

When I did an ohm load test on them each coil was putting out a whopping 2.5ohm load. I read somewhere that when the ohm load of a sub drops its due to voice coil failure.
Well, it's cool to hear that your amp is ok, and that you got some new drivers for so cheap too...hopefully they will do the trick for you.

For myself, I'm actually contemplating how a Bazooka NOS Tube will sound in my car running off my current amp in mono...I'm kinda tired of how big my box is, and how much extra weight is in the car too...
Well these dirty little $20 jensen XS have quite the foam surround. The excursion is well...retarded. if they last 2 days then they made their moneys worth.
Sounds like you like to really Jam on your stuff hard....perhaps you should buy some hefty subs...like the Poweracoustik FUBR or MOFO subs...they have some awesome XMAX, an were designed for a beating (with the proper sized amp behind them mind you)...
I have in my other cars had 4 12"s.... the only application that seemed to work well was in my (shaggin)wagon. But seriously like someone already said 4 12"s isn't that great sure you'll send the old lady down the block into a shock and you'll feel the tiny hairs in your ass crack tickle you as you hit 23Hz but I enjoy my 2x12"s I have right now much better.

crazy setups are for Db drags and deaf guys.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
ThraxXx,Aug 30 2005, 10:29 PM Wrote:Well the pioneers decided to explode.  Literally.  No clue what happened.  Of all the songs to be listening to when it happened (Broken - Seether f. Amy Lee).  Sub did a nice bass burp which turned into a clap which turned into the burning smell which turned into a fire in the hole.  This happened on my trip to stratford.  I quickly pulled the car over on the 401, busted out my trust ractive fire extinguisher and hosed the burnt woofers down and disconnected the fuse. 

SO!! as a replacement...cuz I really don't care how much bass the focus has as the transam is getting a super SPL setup done...I went to wally world and bought me 2 10" jensens....w00t w00t..go $20 subs go!
[right][snapback]137548[/snapback][/right]

:icon_bs: