Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Good Professions Out There?
as i sit here laid off from deere, being 20 and seeing that the company i work for will pay for my education, im thinking about maybe going back to school or something to get a better job. But i don't know what to go for... anybody got any suggestions? I got no clue what go to for...
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
You could do what i do....Be an Aviation Systems Technician. Basically a fancy word for grease monkey on CF-18 Fighter Jets.

Good money...lots of perks.....okay okay so you have to wear a uniform and do a little marching around once and a while..but..MEH....it's a cool job.
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Save up as much money as you can, and when you have enough, start something of your own. Take business management courses/accounting courses and learn as much as you can to maintain a place of your own
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
successful and self-employed would be awesome...

but if that's not your thing, and if you have the desire and knack for it...commissioned sales is a decent field.

in many industries, the top salespeople and account managers often make more than their managers and even some execs...and average performers still do well. I see it as reasonably safe too...the company can do an easy cost-expense calculation on you based upon how much you sell...i.e. if you make the company money, you are likely going to have a job :)
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
I say take a month or two off. Enjoy it while you can.

Head to the rigs or the mines for a few months. Make some serious cash then take another month off ;)
ZX3TUNR,Aug 15 2005, 02:07 AM Wrote:Head to the rigs or the mines for a few months. Make some serious cash then take another month off ;)
[right][snapback]132732[/snapback][/right]

Problem with the mines is you need proper training, lots of training. But the need for good miners is big. I know that's what we're looking for at our office.

And yeah, the pay is good... :D
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Stay out of Advertising.
[Image: prostitute-pete.jpg]

how well do you look in a short skirt??
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Harvard business school says evaluate the following five areas when considering a new opportunity.

1) The company - are they credible, solid history, have 3rd party recognition etc...
2) Need/Marketplace - is there a need in the marketplace, who is the target market, what trends are evident etc...
3) Product - does the product fill the need, affordable to market etc...
4) Compensation - how well do you get paid, residual income?, how often do you get paid etc...
5) Timing - is the company/product positioned for growth, is there competition, market saturation, personal timing (life) etc...

This will give you a good basis for determining a good opportunity. I think the stat is something like 4 of 5 new businesses fail in the first couple years.

Carey
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA