That sucks man! :angry:

I really hate thieving bastards!

Here is a deck that I am willing to let go for cheap:

[Image: 30859_4mg.jpg]

:lol:
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
if the car was parked in your driveway, then your house insurance will look after it not auto.... unless things have changed. My parents van was broken into in our driveway and our home insurance took care of everything
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
How did they get into the car ????
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
dBlast,Aug 12 2005, 06:39 AM Wrote:That sucks man! :angry:

I really hate thieving bastards!

Here is a deck that I am willing to let go for cheap:

[Image: 30859_4mg.jpg]

:lol:
[right][snapback]132096[/snapback][/right]

Cool.

Russian radio stations.

WSpnyuk
Well Im not sure if you know this cause im really to lazy at 11am to read the whole post but it was in your drive way.

Well if it was in the drive way its covered by your house insurance.
2000 ZX3
Mason,Aug 12 2005, 11:09 AM Wrote:Well if it was in the drive way its covered by your house insurance.
[right][snapback]132195[/snapback][/right]

As i mentioned earlier, the insurance isn't in my name, and just like the car insurance the house insurance deductable is higher that what the deck is worth. But thanx for the idea.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

habmann,Aug 12 2005, 03:16 PM Wrote:
Mason,Aug 12 2005, 11:09 AM Wrote:Well if it was in the drive way its covered by your house insurance.
[right][snapback]132195[/snapback][/right]

As i mentioned earlier, the insurance isn't in my name, and just like the car insurance the house insurance deductable is higher that what the deck is worth. But thanx for the idea.
[right][snapback]132197[/snapback][/right]

are you bastards all ignoring me! I just posted that and you didn't reply to me!!!

I can't take it anymore I am leaving. :1repost:
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
This may be a retarded Question, but do you have any Pawn Shops in your area. Theives like to snatch and run, and get rid of it as fast as possible, for quick cash. So, i would look around at the local shops and ask if anyone has brought in a deck. Wouldn't hurt to ask right?
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,Aug 12 2005, 06:06 PM Wrote:This may be a retarded Question, but do you have any Pawn Shops in your area.  Theives like to snatch and run, and get rid of it as fast as possible, for quick cash.  So, i would look around at the local shops and ask if anyone has brought in a deck.    Wouldn't hurt to ask right?
[right][snapback]132281[/snapback][/right]

I think all pawn shops have some sorta deal with the police in the area, they usually hold items for a few days before handing money for it. They check to see if it is stolen or legit
***want to buy***
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
That really sucks, dude.

For somebody to come to your court and steal it out of your driveway, it sounds like somebody knew you had a good unit. Take your car in for service lately? Been driving up and down the street with it pumping? Had a falling out with any broke friends? Somebody knew you had it in there to take the risk, and it's a fair assumption that they knew you didn't have an alarm, either.

High deductible + no alarm + driving around **thumpthumpthump** is begging to get hit.

Insurance companies usually give breaks to people with alarms, the $200-400 is worth the investment. EHR can put in an alarm in for $250. Sure, it's not an Alpine with a pager, but it's better than nothing. I have an alarm on all my cars, even the wife's Windstar (lol).

Oh, and if you haven't checked already, make sure that if you have a garage on your house that if you have a remote for the garage door that it isn't missing, too.

And as a side note:
House insurance will only cover car contents.
If you had the new car stereo sitting in a box in your trunk because you just bought it at Futureshop or stuff like hockey equipment or golf clubs are covered by house insurance.
Once it is installed it becomes part of the car, and then becomes covered under the car insurance fire and theft.

TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Kelowna_Focus,Aug 12 2005, 12:53 AM Wrote:Thats why the cos is always right. I'd bet he'd have some words of encouragement. Sorry to hear about your deck man. I think it happens to all of us at least once... sadly.. The next mod you need to get is flamethrowers that come up both sides of your car.
[right][snapback]132066[/snapback][/right]

I remember the only time I ever had a car broken into, it was my old Taurus, they bashed out a rear window in it while it was in the parking lot at my old apartment building... all for a $30 camera that I had like a goof left laying exposed on the seat.

My dad and I replaced the rear window ourselves and it only cost me $50 and listening to him bitch while we were doing the repair :lol:

NefCanuck
nass,Aug 12 2005, 04:02 PM Wrote:
Slimsride,Aug 12 2005, 06:06 PM Wrote:This may be a retarded Question, but do you have any Pawn Shops in your area.  Theives like to snatch and run, and get rid of it as fast as possible, for quick cash.  So, i would look around at the local shops and ask if anyone has brought in a deck.    Wouldn't hurt to ask right?
[right][snapback]132281[/snapback][/right]

I think all pawn shops have some sorta deal with the police in the area, they usually hold items for a few days before handing money for it. They check to see if it is stolen or legit
[right][snapback]132310[/snapback][/right]

Pawn Shops in london dont buy car audio anymore. lol

And as for the home insurance. It done matter if its in your name or not. I had my Taurus broken into at a friend's house and there insurance covered it no problem.
2000 ZX3