Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zx3tunr Focus Probs. Update 08-12-05
glad to hear things are working out for you jay! i didnt' wanna hear you telling us that you sold your car for an import! keep us posted on how things go
if the maf goes bad, it would default to the Failed maf VE table... the same table the car runs off of when you unplug the maf.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Even thow ford reseted the engine light it ran like s**t how ever light came on again and it drives a bit better lol
ZX3TUNR,Aug 14 2005, 12:14 AM Wrote:Even thow ford reseted the engine light it ran like s**t how ever light came on again and it drives a bit better lol
[right][snapback]132540[/snapback][/right]
There is a TSB on bad MAF on 2003 focus from ford and they did extend the warranty on this item,they did send me a letter for it B)
can you please get me a copy or a hold of that letter.

Ford is fucking me over bad. Now there expectign me to pay for the maf.
So now ford is changing there story and saying I need a o2 sensor replaced and not a maf. Will WTF. I just replaced my o2 sensor and percival ford covered it under warranty even with my a/f gauge spliced into it.

Bennot wont cover me warranty on since the a/f gauge is hooked up but s**t. Percival did it. Me and my dad know for a fact they rather have me spend money and they just dont want to replace a $300 MAF.

Any way back to finding a used one. If I find one im driving to ford and telling them there stupid fucks and a kid with no car knowledge (my self) figured it out before them.

Worst case scenario. Car gets traded in as is.
jay, just go to ford, take out your maf, test drive a used 2003 focus, swap maf's and then replace when u get home :P lol..it'd all be in good faith
the MAF won't cost you more than a $150...

hit up fordparts.com and get it.... the part itself is cheap.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

well ford quoted me $140 for o2 sensor witch I ended up buying and quoted me $300 for the MAF
Will I picked up a NGT o2 sensor from Cubed for about $118 and bam :D its fixed...so far lol

Took the car for a rip and oh man does it feel good having the 130hp back lol. No more back firing with the stock tune either.

I think my muffler and manifold leaks had a factor in it.
coolsvt,Aug 13 2005, 08:41 PM Wrote:There is a TSB on bad MAF on 2003 focus from ford and they did extend the warranty on this item,they did send me a letter for it B)
[right][snapback]132566[/snapback][/right]

I wonder if that my car problem. Its is going back tomorrow to the dealer because the engine light is on again. I'll have to reminder them of the TSB.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
I couldnt find the TSB.

But the tech told me the one reason why my gas milage sucked. I was running in a safe mode for about a year LOL. Causing more fuel to be used and this was what was causing all the backfiring I had. Sounded sweet while it lasted lol
glad to hear your rides back to normal jay, hope nothing else goes wrong
was a good summer for probs. First is was exahust leaks everywhere lol, vacuum leaks, maf probs and finally the last consisted of a new o2 sensor.

Oh well I got a few extra mafs sitting here now for next time lol
MAlby7,Aug 11 2005, 10:12 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Aug 11 2005, 10:07 PM Wrote:Just an update. Good and bad news.

I ran both DPFE tests and they both passed so there fore my DPFE sensor is still good.
Any way I cleaned the MAF again plugged it back in and took it for a drive, Ran like absolute s**t and no CEL.

Came hope and I removed the harness from the MAF. (Idea from DP) and pretty much ran with no MAF.  Took it for a nice drive and seriosly the car ran perfect except for the idle. No stumbling at all.

So me and my dad are pretty convinced my maf is burnt out or just facked or the wiring harness now like dp and flo mentioned.

What do you guys think?
[right][snapback]131979[/snapback][/right]

I think the Acura RSX-S looks the best in charcol. :D
[right][snapback]131982[/snapback][/right]

BWAHAH.

Yes Malby!