Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, Passed A Ford Gt.... On Track!
P-51,Aug 7 2005, 10: Wrote:Highlight of the day for me was passing a Ford GT driven by an instructor.  They were giving rides for $40 for a couple laps, and I caught up to and passed him.  Actually I caught him, and he didn't let me pass for over a lap, so I had to ride his ass pretty good.  Almost rammed him a couple times cause he got on the brakes way earlier than I'm used to.

[right][snapback]129000[/snapback][/right]

Wow that would have sucked! A :( nd made you quite an unpopular fellow.
I'm gonna post that video soon dood... sent it to Pat to host.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
BrooksZX3,Aug 10 2005, 04:19 PM Wrote:I'm gonna post that video soon dood... sent it to Pat to host.
[right][snapback]131049[/snapback][/right]

I can host as well if need be.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Wicked!

if i do any sort of FI work on my car, i'll definatley be there next year.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Aug 10 2005, 10:02 PM Wrote:Wicked!

if i do any sort of FI work on my car, i'll definatley be there next year.
[right][snapback]131249[/snapback][/right]

Actually, you'd be better off no turboing. It has taken me 5 years to get to the point where I can run a turbo Focus on track safely.
Hey, you were going pretty good .. for a Focus, and good to see you & the other Foci come out.

I went out in the Ford GT at the end of the day - no other lapping cars on track -- AWESOME as now the driver was finally able to really stretch the car's legs (most of those 'passenger ride' laps were done fairly slowly due to the other cars on track and only 2 passing zones on the track) .. and quite frankly, there is no way a Focus, or even a Mustang (or Marauder) for that matter could possibly hope to keep up with it :0-60MPH in 3.3secs!!

"Ready for launch??!!" he says to me as he hits the gas exiting the pit-lane. Wow.. I could immediately feel the G-forces pressing me back into the seat.

The car has great grip, great turn-in, and impressive braking capabilities.
We got up to about 122MPH the Fabi straight and he literally threw the car into the right-hander at the end, riding the full width of the apex curbing - wow.. what grip!
Then he looked down and ** realized that the hand-brake was still on!!** (..s urely only partially on?!)

Either way, next lap we were over 125MPH on the straight!
"All good things must come to an end" he said as he coasted through the final 2 turns before pulling into the pitlane.

It was over too soon.. but wow, what a ride!
'00 ZX3, WW 'W-Typ' kit & 3-pc Wing, 17" CSA Ultra 5-spoke rims, Progress Springs, SPAX shocks & struts, MAC Intake.
When I was out with him, there were no other cars ahead of him. We had clear track. There was nobody holding him up. Group 4 was pretty empty the whole day. If he said something like that, then he's just making excuses for himself.

I was hitting about 105 on the straight, and yes, it was moving much faster *on the straight*. But in the corners there is just no comparison. He just wasn't pushing as hard. I'm not suggesting that given equal drivers, my car is faster. But that day, with whoever was driving, and whatever they were holding back for "safety" reasons.... I was faster. He was that much faster on the straights, but I was more than able to make it up in the corners.
that track is not 'ideal' for a GT, definitely more suited to an agile corner carver.

regardless, P51 was fast as hell!

Daniel... Richard told me you were there but I couldn't find you when I went to say hello, bummer.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
So where's that Vid? :)
P-51,Aug 11 2005, 06: Wrote:When I was out with him, there were no other cars ahead of him.  We had clear track.  There was nobody holding him up.  Group 4 was pretty empty the whole day.  If he said something like that, then he's just making excuses for himself.

I was hitting about 105 on the straight, and yes, it was moving much faster *on the straight*.  But in the corners there is just no comparison.  He just wasn't pushing as hard.  I'm not suggesting that given equal drivers, my car is faster.  But that day, with whoever was driving, and whatever they were holding back for "safety" reasons.... I was faster.  He was that much faster on the straights, but I was more than able to make it up in the corners.
[right][snapback]131449[/snapback][/right]

Thats awesome man... I gotta come out and see you race one day.

are there any upcoming events?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
P-51,Aug 11 2005, 01: Wrote:So where's that Vid? :)
[right][snapback]131708[/snapback][/right]

Maybe I'll just send them to DP to host... I think Pat's pretty busy. I'll do that tonight ;)
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
BrooksZX3,Aug 11 2005, 02:15 PM Wrote:
P-51,Aug 11 2005, 01: Wrote:So where's that Vid? :)
[right][snapback]131708[/snapback][/right]

Maybe I'll just send them to DP to host... I think Pat's pretty busy. I'll do that tonight ;)
[right][snapback]131742[/snapback][/right]

cool.. I'll put them up after volleyball tonight if I see 'em in my inbox.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I took it with my digi cam, not a vid cam... the file might be too large for me to send... but I"ll try. Otherwise we can file transfer via msn.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA