Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leafs Sign Tie Dummy To 2 Years.
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 5 2005, 12:54 PM Wrote:
crazikev,Aug 5 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:I watched that game with Domi's elbow.  Was it a cheap shot?  possibly.  Would any other player in the NHL have done it?  With out a doubt in my mind.  In that game Nedermeyer highsticked Domi 3 TIMES BEFORE that incident with no penalties being called.  Domi was circling around in the corner, then he looked up and saw Nedermeyer coming straight at him again, so whats he supposed to do, take another stick to the face??  I would have done the same thing. 
Stuff like this doesn''t happen out of nowhere, he deserved it, he should learn to control his stick, if he had of kept his stick down, that wouldn't have happened.

Same goes for Steve Moore and Bertuzzi, would that have happened if Moore didn't elbow Naslund in the face? 
Its always the "good guys" that screw around that do something stupid then it comes around to haunt them then guys who pay them back get painted as evil goons.
[right][snapback]128465[/snapback][/right]

In Domi's case, I would have dropped the gloves and started the assault instead of doing a cheap shot. :lol:
[right][snapback]128467[/snapback][/right]
it was a split second desision, he looked up and saw Scott coming right at him with his stick up, he kinda put his arm up so he wouldn't get high sticked, and Nedermeyer ran into it, and like Nedermeyer would drop the gloves with Domi :lol:
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
scoobasteve,Aug 5 2005, 09:00 AM Wrote:domi's awesome... i'd be pissed if we let him go
[right][snapback]128390[/snapback][/right]

true dat...sure, Mario is his friend, but that he had an offer on the table from Pittsburgh to protect Crosby is testement enough to the respect he's earned in the league. That he turned down that offer to remain a Leaf...well, I wish more players had that kind of sentement, honesty and sense of pride/devotion to their team and city!

most tough guys are not only non-scorers, but are actually liabilities on the ice...they can't skate, they can't pass, they can't score, etc...Domi is a very competent player in that regard and deserves every cent he gets, IMHO.

shame on people who are hating on Domi!!!
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
Marction,Aug 5 2005, 02:07 PM Wrote:shame on people who are hating on Domi!!!
[right][snapback]128470[/snapback][/right]

Tie Domi vs. Scott Stevens

My money's on Scott... :lol:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Domi's the only heart the Leafs have left now that Sundin's an off-again, on-again player.

You don't need to score all the goals to carry the team.

With that said, I'm still probably not going to watch any hockey, unless I get that projector before the season's too far along.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
crazikev,Aug 5 2005, 05:57 PM Wrote:
crazikev,Aug 5 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:I watched that game with Domi's elbow.  Was it a cheap shot?  possibly.  Would any other player in the NHL have done it?  With out a doubt in my mind.  In that game Nedermeyer highsticked Domi 3 TIMES BEFORE that incident with no penalties being called.  Domi was circling around in the corner, then he looked up and saw Nedermeyer coming straight at him again, so whats he supposed to do, take another stick to the face??  I would have done the same thing.  
Stuff like this doesn''t happen out of nowhere, he deserved it, he should learn to control his stick, if he had of kept his stick down, that wouldn't have happened.

Same goes for Steve Moore and Bertuzzi, would that have happened if Moore didn't elbow Naslund in the face? 
Its always the "good guys" that screw around that do something stupid then it comes around to haunt them then guys who pay them back get painted as evil goons.

In Domi's case, I would have dropped the gloves and started the assault instead of doing a cheap shot. :lol:
it was a split second desision, he looked up and saw Scott coming right at him with his stick up, he kinda put his arm up so he wouldn't get high sticked, and Nedermeyer ran into it, and like Nedermeyer would drop the gloves with Domi :lol:
[right][snapback]128468[/snapback][/right]

i think you had one too many to drink during that game...thats not what happened.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Aug 5 2005, 01:39 PM Wrote:
crazikev,Aug 5 2005, 05:57 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]128468[/snapback][/right]

i think you had one too many to drink during that game...thats not what happened.
[right][snapback]128481[/snapback][/right]
:o

i remember it vividly, careless use of the stick by Nedermeyer, and not wanted to get a stick in the face the 4th time, Domi had enough!
2001 SE Sedan

760.8km on 45L
What happened was the leafs dumped the puck into the Devils end, they were on the power play. Nedermeyer got the puck behind the net and cleared it out along the boards to kill the penalty. Domi turned to go back to his end, but once evryone went to chase the puck, that left Nedermeyer alone in his end. Domi turned back and skated along the boards, and elbowed Nedermeyer in the head against the glass.

The reason why i know this.

1 i have that enitre series taped.
2 my cousin was in the penalty box when it happened

Domi is a low-balling s**t head
FociPhil,Aug 6 2005, 12:03 PM Wrote:What happened was the leafs dumped the puck into the Devils end, they were on the power play. Nedermeyer got the puck behind the net and cleared it out along the boards to kill the penalty. Domi turned to go back to his end, but once evryone went to chase the puck, that left Nedermeyer alone in his end. Domi turned back and skated along the boards, and elbowed Nedermeyer in the head against the glass.

The reason why i know this.

1 i have that enitre series taped.
2 my cousin was in the penalty box when it happened

Domi is a low-balling s**t head
[right][snapback]128638[/snapback][/right]

Do you have the part where it showed Scott Stevens yelling his fooking head off at Domi from the penalty box? I'd love to see that again and actually hear what he said. :ph34r:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oh yeah i got that part. When we were at Scotts my brother actually asked him that question, and he said all i kept saying was "Come try that on me!!"

Im gonna give it to my buddy and see if he can get it on disc and host it.
Very good news.
yeah he did elbow him in the head,
but the reason is becouse Nedermeryer COULDN"T KEEP HIS STICK DOWN!!!
2001 SE Sedan

760.8km on 45L
darkpuppet,Aug 5 2005, 08:50 AM Wrote:Domie has been one of the better players as of late... I remember him actually scoring goals.
[right][snapback]128372[/snapback][/right]

I heard for 03-04 he had a bonus clause for if he scored more than 20 goals :lol: :lol: :lol:
^^^ why is that funny?
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
^^^
^^^
MOST PLAYERS HAVE THAT BONUS.
Ding Ding! which leaf complained becuse they were 2 goals short... i remember that from a while back
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
It's funny cause I can't imagine him EVER scoring 20 goals in a season. I guess I forgot he's a "finess" player now.
selling subs on the side.

It's like this city is covered in the "tie show"
comon tie and cherry what a great combo jsut becasue of that I am turning into jarrod and having a sub aday
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leafs Sign Berg And Belak. ANTHONYD 40 12,345 08-14-2005, 03:14 AM
Last Post: OAC_Sparky