Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Cheap Insurance
Yup. :blink:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Tri_kento,Aug 5 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:from wat i hear ford has the best road side

There is a reason for that. :D

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
<_< Rant Time.

Well, With State Farm I was paying $2637.08 a year, but that was for the Focus, a 90 GMC pick-up truck, and a 95 Land Rover Discovery. It worked out to about $315.57 a month with contents insurance, and that was not bad at all. But when the Land rover sold it was $215.12 a month. So not bad, at this point :)

But When I added my dad to my insuance as a part time driver this month, They went rate hike mad at me. They are expecting me to pay $1009.12 a month starting in october for the trucks, and my focus :o . And my dad is not a full time driver of any of my cars. I was like I'm Sorry but paying that much is crazy, when the highest value of any of the cars / trucks is less then $10,000.00 by now.

I mean an 88 Jeep (going on the road in a week, worth only $1000) a 2001 Focus ( worth $10,000 ), and a 90 GMC truck (worth $4500) dose not mean I have to pay over $12,000 a year including contents insurance on my home.

:ph34r: The stupidest thing is my dad has only one ticket, and it was more then 2 years ago. I have an accident, and a speeding ticket this year and they said I didn't make the rate hike, it was my dad that make such a high rate hike. I have my brother-in-law on my insurance, and he's got a clean record. They Commented it was becuause he's a new driver and yada yada yada........

And the only way I can get my rates to stay the same is if I get a written statement of him not living with me, or at my address, plus a written statement from his own insurance company for his car ( ie. the Mustang / Camper ) which are in my name now because he's now working class poor. Which I can't do. So I said after 5 years your fired to my broker. I'm not renewing with you and you can take yor rate and put them far up the deepest :censored2: part of your :censored2: you stupid Mother :censored2: er !!!!

So, getting back on topic I have till October to get insurance.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
holy smokes, no wonder my fiancee complains when her insurance bill comes in! I thought she had high insurance rates because of an accident she had a few years ago, and why she got PO'd when she asked how much my insurance was running me per year (2002 Focus SE vs. 2005 SES). Even with the exchange rate, I still come in VERY low compared to what you all pay for it :( I know my clean record and age bracket come into play...but damn.
The new: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST
The old: 2005 ZX4 - MBRP 2.25", Marcy Motorsport CAI. SCT Tuning, Eibach Pro-System
--
Team PITA
Try calling an insurance broker. They usualy go out and hammer a bunch of companies and get you the best rates. I am with ING direct and I am paying $56 a month for the TransAm and $92 a month for the focus. Keep in mind I am 26 and have a super clean record and I have been driving since I was 17. Yep folks...9 star driver (but that only counts with ING as they rate up to 9 stars, any other insurance company and its 7)
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
just be careful when looking for insurance, because of the recent accident it could affect your rates else where more then you would think. I just went through the whole insurance look up game and had to stick with my old insurance because of an accident from 2001 and I got a ticket (guilty to 15 over (was originally 27 over)last year. If I didn't I was going to get nailed with increased premiums etc.

you can check out :

http://www.kanetix.com
http://www.insurancehotline.com

both do the whole who will be lowest for you deal.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
You should talk to Robert C. Davis Insurance brokers in Waterdown...My Grandad used to own it, and all of our vehicles are insured, through them, by Pilot insurance, one of the the biggest in the world. I only pay like $100 per month, and that includes Liability, collision, comprehensive, and a seperate insurance policy on my stereo since it's valued at more than $500.

When I get home I'll get the address and phone number for you, and anyone else who wants it...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
crazikev,Aug 5 2005, 12:47 AM Wrote:
SangriaRedZX5,Aug 4 2005, 03:18 PM Wrote:Weird, cause State Farm is excellent for my family and I.
I only pay $1,680 for my Foci.
[right][snapback]128136[/snapback][/right]
your frigin youger than I and i pay $3000 more??!? are you the primary driver or an occational driver?
[right][snapback]128286[/snapback][/right]

Primary Driver