Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Go To Caribana?
Anybody go to the Caribana parade yesterday? I've been selling some of my caribana dvds on ebay for a few months now with limited success. I just made this year's dvd from my camcorder footage. I'm hoping I might do better by offering the latest parade.

[Image: 2005small.JPG]

I haven't been to Carribana since they moved the parade from University Avenue, however many years ago that was? Plus I couldn't find my Kevlar bulletproof vest.

I was on Toronto Island today but left on the 10:45AM Wards Island ferry after partying big time all night. I make a point of staying as far as hell away from downtown during Carribanna.

I used to work driving tour/charter boats in Toronto Harbour years ago. During Carribana weekend it is far from a "celebration" of culture unless culture is defined by violence and you can get away with murder by playing the "racism" card.

Carribanna may be, and used to be, a noble idea but its nothing but too many bad people in the same place at the same time the last 10+ years, I don't care what the dollar value to the city is, it is not worth it.

What's the death count for the weekend so far as of tonight anyway?*

*The Police can't say it is Carribanna "related", and go to disturbing legnths to deny the fact, but nobody here (I hope?) is that stupid. It ain't a fluke that more than one tenth of all murders in the City this year happens the same week.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
*Resists urge to make obligatory Caribana as fruit joke*

I saw the cash the towing industry used to rake in years ago from Caribana, and probably still does. It's sick.

And yes, the violence is also disgusting, year after year. I don't miss it.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Too many black people, I passed
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I was headed to the Blue Jays game on Saturday and i can now say i offically hate caribanna, got on Lake Shore bld. at 2:30pm, and was F*CKING LATE FOR THE GAME AT 4:00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH mother fkr, f you Toronto, caribanna ahhh geez took 1 hour 30minutes to go a km, err WHY WASN"T THERE a SiGN. Im lucky i had no weapon, i now know why people go on murderous rampages :) :lol: :angry:
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
What do white people do during Caribana?

Go to Jane and Finch to steal their stuff back.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Sorry, but no.
Raine,Aug 1 2005, 12:46 AM Wrote:Too many black people, I passed
[right][snapback]126661[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

I haven't ventured west of Yonge St. since friday evening...I hate this time of year...so much bulls**t "bling" on the road, it's nauseating.

If I see one more fukking Escalade this weekend, i'm going to barf.

Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
Im a fan of jerk chicken....thats about it.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Aug 1 2005, 03:25 PM Wrote:What do white people do during Caribana?

Go to Jane and Finch to steal their stuff back.
[right][snapback]126773[/snapback][/right]

hahah burn

For those who dont know....
Jane - Finch
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Going to Caribana?

No, sorry, flak vest is at the cleaners.... :blink:
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*