Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Toronto Real Estate Craziness Post
i am secretly hoping all the people with variable rate interest only mortgages get owned by a rising interest rate/umemployment combo so there will be some sweet foreclosure pickings

naz,Aug 2 2005, 08:37 PM Wrote:i am secretly hoping all the people with variable rate interest only mortgages get owned by a rising interest rate/umemployment combo so there will be some sweet foreclosure pickings
[right][snapback]127312[/snapback][/right]

Heh, I was a chicken when getting my mortgage, 5.3% for 5 years with 20/20 prepayment privledges (Like I'll ever be able to use that :lol: )

By the time it comes due, even if everything goes to hell in a handcart I'll make out okay :P

NefCanuck
naz,Aug 2 2005, 07:37 PM Wrote:i am secretly hoping all the people with variable rate interest only mortgages get owned by a rising interest rate/umemployment combo so there will be some sweet foreclosure pickings
[right][snapback]127312[/snapback][/right]

that *will* happen too...dumbasses that can barely afford their payments will be in for a rude awakening when rate go up (Oct. should see the first rise here in Canada).

but...and I don't have the stat handy to back me up...something like 80%+ of people who STAY in variable rate terms end up doing better than people who go with fixed rate terms over the life of their mortgage.

if you can take the ups and downs...go variable...otherwise go long-term, like 7 years (4.60% is easily attainable on a 7 year).
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
i didn't read anything here i just saw craziness and decided that i had to say something
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Crazirich,Aug 3 2005, 03:23 PM Wrote:i didn't read anything here i just saw craziness and decided that i had to say something
[right][snapback]127600[/snapback][/right]

Please stay on topic or whore in one of A.D or Scooba's many daily whore threads. :P

You just have to get in 'befo da lock' :lol: ;)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Aug 3 2005, 03:27 PM Wrote:
Crazirich,Aug 3 2005, 03:23 PM Wrote:i didn't read anything here i just saw craziness and decided that i had to say something
[right][snapback]127600[/snapback][/right]

Please stay on topic or whore in one of A.D or Scooba's many daily whore threads. :P

You just have to get in 'befo da lock' :lol: ;)
[right][snapback]127602[/snapback][/right]

Exactly... its all about controlled whoring.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I never understood the need for such a large house in Toronto.. I know there are those families with a half dozen kids, who want to build a legacy for their children, but I honestly would rather have a bit of a yard you could bbq on and have some buds over for.

and definitely not a house that takes me a week to clean.. more floorspace = more cleaning area.

but it's what people do... if I could meet a woman in my earning bracket, I would be in a house no problem... living alone, it's a bit tougher to squeeze out.

maybe next year when i stop paying for this car.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

SOLD.

Somebody has paid $1.2 million to be my neighbour. :lol:
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!