Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyer/seller Feedback

It really depends on how much someone wants an Item, if it's a really good deal someone might risk it. I haven't bought or sold anything on these boards yet (this one and Focus Fanatics) but I've noticed that people are weary to someone if they only have a few posts. That in itself can sort of give you an idea.

The problem with giving feedback on sales on ebay is that if you give someone bad feedback the seller can go ahead and make something up that you did. I made a recent ebay purchase and was scared to leave bad feedback because the seller only had two feedbacks and I had 60. If they decided to make something up then I would not have a 100 rating anymore... I left the bad feedback because I didn't want anyone else to get screwed over and they said I paid them late, even when I had the paypal saying I paid 2 hours after auctions end.

I think darkpuppet's idea is a great one. PM the mod if you have a problem or if someone gave you a great product/service. I think some jackass would be less likely to e-mail the mod something that people will only see if they ask VS plastering the sticky bad comments about the person.
Dan
focusfanatics has a good system as mentioned. the transactions are recorded, and integrated into the userid there is a buy/sell rating. just counts how many transactions have been made, no +/-. leaving the comments anonymous will only lead to people posting crap. if you're going to leave a bad rating, be prepared to stand behind it. i think that'll cure the 'what if i do a good transaction and the person's a bitch' worry. also leaving space for yourself, or others to reply to the negative comment will help. all in all... not anything i've worried about... but good idea none the less
how hard would the +/- system be to impliment.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold