Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Ignition
So yah, got in my car at school today, couldn't turn the key in the ignition. So as i'm typing this my car is at ford, i'm waiting to here what this is gonna cost me, but from reading other posts around here i'm think $400.

You'd think after having this happen on sooo many cars it would be a recall by now.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

they did mine under warranty ?? :huh:
Run your car, not your mouth
Ya mines a 2000, and after asking they said it wasn't covered under warranty. Which sux balls!
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

habmann,Jul 29 2005, 12:12 PM Wrote:So yah, got in my car at school today, couldn't turn the key in the ignition. So as i'm typing this my car is at ford, i'm waiting to here what this is gonna cost me, but from reading other posts around here i'm think $400.

You'd think after having this happen on sooo many cars it would be a recall by now.
[right][snapback]126208[/snapback][/right]

No recall I'm afraid but if you're on Focusfanatics.com as well, you'll see several threads dedicated to "The Self Destructing Ignition cylinder"

NefCanuck
sucks!
your not a true focus owner until your 2000 focus eats the key :lol:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
mine attempted to eat my key, couldn't turn the iginition, spent a long time fiddling with it, upwards of two hours, once I got the key to turn, I left it in for about a month LOL, and then it was fine this was a year to two years ago.
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Mine use to not want to give the key back when I could turn the car off. Or it wouldnt take the key when I wanted to start it.

All I did was screwed with the key untill the driver door open chime stoped working and it gave me the key back. Now if I put the key just right now matter what its doing ( Off, Accessorie, Ignition ) I can allway's stop the door chime.

lol But yea, My key use to get stuck to.
2000 ZX3
Ate mine too!
I guess i got lucky... My 2001 never did.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold