Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Did It!
darkpuppet,Jul 28 2005, 07:38 PM Wrote:I'm with fociphil and EFF, it's easy to lose the weight.. it's a matter of making the changes that will keep you on track for the longrun. 

I've admitedly been slacking a bit this summer, but I'm back at it, riding more, playing vball twice a week, and working out at home whenever I can.  You also find that the more time you spend doing things is less time you spend eating... I eat just enough to keep going, not enough to keep me occupied.

well, except for those nights out with the boys... been a few too many of THOSE nights lately.
[right][snapback]126019[/snapback][/right]

thats so true, the more time you have the more your going to eat...and most likley eat garbage.

I finally started to lose serious weight quickly when i realized that i should be eating food to fuel my body, not for enjoyment. Eventually you start eliminating things gradually. I can now handle salads without dressing, sandwich with no mayo, potatoes with no butter. You get used to it...

EFF...you have anymore info on this Polymetrics stuff?
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
You sound like me. At 310. How tall are you? Because at 6'3" I have no where near a 44" waist. And I am not quite 310. Inspirational.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Wow...good for you man!

I've lost 15 myself since April...not as good as you but, I quit smoking in January too
Wow, that's amazing, congratulations!
Losing 81 pounds - that's like a whole ethiopian! :P
microbunny,Jul 28 2005, 09:18 PM Wrote:Wow...good for you man!

I've lost 15 myself since April...not as good as you but, I quit smoking in January too
[right][snapback]126132[/snapback][/right]

Quiting smoking is even a bigger achievemt than loosing weight Congrats Bunny, and on top of it you quit smoking and you still lost weight I've known 5 people that have quit smoking and they have all gained weight within 4 months of quiting.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
K_OS,Jul 29 2005, 07:30 AM Wrote:
microbunny,Jul 28 2005, 09:18 PM Wrote:Wow...good for you man!

[right][snapback]126132[/snapback][/right]

Quiting smoking is even a bigger achievemt than loosing weight Congrats Bunny, and on top of it you quit smoking and you still lost weight I've known 5 people that have quit smoking and they have all gained weight within 4 months of quiting.

[right][snapback]126158[/snapback][/right]

I've gained about 10 pounds quitting smoking.

Big 160 now! :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
wowee, awesome stuff guys... Simon, tremendous work. I was just putting a workout plan together myself... going to vegas in october and the goal is to be back down to 170ish from my current 195ish. This is great inspiration ;)
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
FociPhil,Jul 28 2005, 04:14 PM Wrote:Eventually you start eliminating things gradually. I can now handle salads without dressing, sandwich with no mayo, potatoes with no butter. You get used to it...

[right][snapback]126048[/snapback][/right]

Phil I never did any of that, I ate a bowl of Go lean for breakfast with a banana a mid morning snack special K bar for lunch a can of tuna with mayo, Fat Free yogurt and some fruit. Another mid afternoon snack usually a few arrowroot cookies and then dinner was grilled chicken breast with a salad. I also had a shake after my morning workout on the way home. I had to keep eating good food or I would have gone crazy I also drink tons of water I keep a bottle of cold water with me at all times, nothing kills those hunger cravings like being filled up with water.

Plyometrics are hard to explain they are exercises based on repetition and speed I guess you could say they are the opposite to weight conditioning. Here is a link to a page that has some of the things I do.
Click Me
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
meford4u,Jul 28 2005, 04:14 PM Wrote:You sound like me.  At 310.  How tall are you?  Because at 6'3" I have no where near a 44" waist.  And I am not quite 310.  Inspirational.
[right][snapback]126049[/snapback][/right]

I'm 6'3" and built like a lumberjack so I was really good a hiding all that weight, most people didn't have any idea I was this heavy.

Thanks for all the kind words guys!! If I can be of any help to anybody just ask it doesn't take long to correct all those bad habits.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
I'm good at hiding weight too.

People ask me all the time if I've LOST weight. :lol:
Euro Ford Fan,Jul 29 2005, 01:24 PM Wrote:
FociPhil,Jul 28 2005, 04:14 PM Wrote:Eventually you start eliminating things gradually. I can now handle salads without dressing, sandwich with no mayo, potatoes with no butter. You get used to it...

[right][snapback]126048[/snapback][/right]

Phil I never did any of that, I ate a bowl of Go lean for breakfast with a banana a mid morning snack special K bar for lunch a can of tuna with mayo, Fat Free yogurt and some fruit. Another mid afternoon snack usually a few arrowroot cookies and then dinner was grilled chicken breast with a salad. I also had a shake after my morning workout on the way home. I had to keep eating good food or I would have gone crazy I also drink tons of water I keep a bottle of cold water with me at all times, nothing kills those hunger cravings like being filled up with water.

Plyometrics are hard to explain they are exercises based on repetition and speed I guess you could say they are the opposite to weight conditioning. Here is a link to a page that has some of the things I do.
Click Me
[right][snapback]126174[/snapback][/right]

that almost exactly what i eat in a day, minus the mayo in the tuna, and ill throw an apple in there...

thanks for the link too!!
good for you I swear if I stop drinking beer I would loose 100 + lbs

but hmm beer is good
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
Wow...I feel like an alien now, i'm trying to gain weight lol

6'3" and only 156-157, my goal is 165, all muscle of course :P

I was very ill about a year ago and went down to 138, I swear I was looking at a ghost in the mirror. Since then its been my goal to achieve 165 and stay there.
"As a rule of thumb you should be able to squat twice your bodyweight or leg press 2.5 times your bodyweight."

we talking max squat weight here?
naz,Jul 30 2005, 06:30 AM Wrote:"As a rule of thumb you should be able to squat twice your bodyweight or leg press 2.5 times your bodyweight."

[right][snapback]126392[/snapback][/right]

as in 1 rep right? i can leg press 2.5 my body weight full sets, but my squats SUCK. For Plyometrics you need a workout partner, so i guess im screwed.
No you dont .. for plyo..

And whered that quote come from?
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
naz,Jul 30 2005, 02:30 AM Wrote:"As a rule of thumb you should be able to squat twice your bodyweight or leg press 2.5 times your bodyweight."

[right][snapback]126392[/snapback][/right]

i wish my back could take it, but I can only squat 370lbs max... max inclined leg press is at about 900lbs... my max inclined leg press a few years back was 1200 lbs.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Flofocus,Jul 29 2005, 07:48 AM Wrote:Big 160 now!  :lol:
[right][snapback]126169[/snapback][/right]

160lbs, I wish I weighed 160lbs that is 40lbs less than my goal for this year :lol:

1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS