Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Machinist
So I picked up the machinist and Constantine on DVD yesterday... I have to say that The Machinist is one of the more disturbing movies I've seen in a while..

the trailer is here, but the movie is hard to watch in person if your squeemish... the extremes that christian bale went through for this movie is insane... but it was totally worth it.

and one of the few movies with a plausible ending that I couldn't figure out ahead of time...just thinking how someone can be a prisoner to their own mind like this is insane.

oh, and Constantine was pretty good.. not quite the action movie I had hoped for, a bit more preachy than truly fulfiling it's potential, but a fun movie to watch.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Thanks for the advise. Gonna rent the Machinist tonite
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Yup, they were both quite good for their genres. I really enjoyed The Machinist, especially after having watched Batman Begins first.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
The machinest is good. Constantine sucked ass it was more like a stupid kid movie and the holy brace knuckles common i was wondering when Monty Python was going to come in with the holy handgrenade.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
somebody say Monty Python??? where where?

and there was much rejoicing :D
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
yeah supsoidly for the role in the machiniest, Christian bale starved himself, and all he did was cardio all day, and then go on a liquid diet once all his mass was gone. Doctors ordered him to stop, but he wanted to keep going...

thats messed, awsome movie tho...
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
crazikev,Jul 24 2005, 07:37 PM Wrote:somebody say Monty Python??? where where?

and there was much rejoicing :D
[right][snapback]124745[/snapback][/right]

and now for something completely different.....
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending