Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Weird Stereo Problem
scoobasteve,Jul 25 2005, 04:30 PM Wrote:hey al, do you have any of your old pioneer decks to test?
[right][snapback]125067[/snapback][/right]

Yep, but it's intalled in my mum's van and it's been too hot to rip that beast apart and pull it out to test it. I'll do it on a cooler day.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Jul 26 2005, 06:11 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Jul 25 2005, 04:30 PM Wrote:hey al, do you have any of your old pioneer decks to test?
[right][snapback]125067[/snapback][/right]

Yep, but it's intalled in my mum's van and it's been too hot to rip that beast apart and pull it out to test it. I'll do it on a cooler day.
[right][snapback]125503[/snapback][/right]

Haha, this stereo problem really doesnt bother you much.. does it...
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Raine,Jul 20 2005, 10:54 AM Wrote:
Mason,Jul 20 2005, 09:24 AM Wrote:Well Rain, I asked a few buddies and the only thing we can come up with is you damaged the transceiver in the deck. Somehow you must had shorted it out.
If anyone has a better answer go for it.

And the Thud when you go from 0 to 1 is normal. When your at 0 the deck cuts off the signal in a way. It happen's to every one but not many people notice. Dont worry about that.
[right][snapback]123727[/snapback][/right]

I've had the sub & amp set up the exact same way for 2 yrs, that thud has never happened before... ever. I also notice a grumble when changing tracks on a CD... also new.

Could it be a fuse or something stupid like that?
[right][snapback]123742[/snapback][/right]

i have that some problem when changing the tracks on my cds, im gonna go and see a guy about this most likey thursday, ill let you know what it is for sure, i think its a problem with the deck, and if it is im gonna snap because its only a year and a half old
[img]http://www.focuscanada.net/images/fc_logo_black.gif[img]
ZTS_DJ,Jul 26 2005, 07:29 PM Wrote:i have that some problem when changing the tracks on my cds, im gonna go and see a guy about this most likey thursday, ill let you know what it is for sure, i think its a problem with the deck, and if it is im gonna snap because its only a year and a half old
[right][snapback]125555[/snapback][/right]

That's great, much appreciated. Hopefully it's a minor fix, but I don't think I'll get that lucky.

In a new twist, radio stations no longer work :P
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Like I said most likly the deck it toast. I wouldnt use it as most likly its sending feedback to your speakers and sub.
Could cause problems down the Road.

Did you ever get the deck tested?
2000 ZX3
Mason,Jul 27 2005, 09:08 AM Wrote:Did you ever get the deck tested?
[right][snapback]125702[/snapback][/right]

I went to the pros at Oxford Auto Sound today but due to the fact that it's carribana weekend they were packed. I'm going back on Tuesday to get it tested. Till then I think I'll just put my old deck back in and see what happens. Hopefully it's nothing major... **crosses fingers** Don't really have money to spend on a deck right now :(
2000 Black ZX3
I hope is somthin stupid they can fix no prob.
Hate to see yea have to drop cash on somthin stupid like this.
2000 ZX3
i know its a day later, but i got the problem fixed on my deck. it was the RCA jacks on the deck that were cusing the feed back. after they told me that, they put a filter on it for temporary use. he said that i can keep it with the filter or just get a deck for the car.
Cool that's been a suspicion of mine too. I popped the deck out again today and thought about something. When I had originally wired it, the RCA's were TIGHT... so tight in fact that when I pulled out the deck the first time the rca's came off before the deck was even 1/2 way out. I began thinking that might have caused a problem and while the radio was on (and barely working) I touched my fingers to the RCA outs for the sub... suddenly the audio came in a LOT more clearly. I replaced the old RCA's with new ones but still have the problem of the thump... can you take a picture of the filter you got for me?

EDIT: Does it look anything like this?

[Image: discave_1855_40616822.jpg]
2000 Black ZX3
yep thats exactly what they put in my car. they wired it through the speaker wires instead of the RCA's
Well I put an RCA line filter on, fixed the pop in the subs, BUT the other problems are still there. Took it in to get tested and apparently the amp in the deck is pooched. It's repairable, but I would rather just get a new HU. The deck still plays CD's fine, display is perfect, and it's in great condition overall, so if anyone is interested, let me know.
2000 Black ZX3
Well get your new head unit and get that one repaired. Then sell it as fully working.

What kinda new deck you lookin at man :)
2000 ZX3
Well I was hoping to get a deal on a gently used one like Mike (Malby7) is selling... there's a guy on another site that I'm hoping will get back to me about one that he has... might have a new deck by the weekend, who knows
2000 Black ZX3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird Subwoofer Problem In Buddy's Car Raine 20 4,579 06-29-2005, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Raine