Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ttc Sucks
Yeah this is what the Dalton was talking about too about how annoying the TTC is getting. It's why they are thinking of doing something like a universal pass to use all the Metro GTA transits systems from one side to another using the same card / pass.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Come to North Bay for a weekend of sun, sand, and WTF WHERE IS THE DAMN BUS GOING NOW?!?!?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NefCanuck,Jul 13 2005, 08:50 PM Wrote:The problem is that the TTC realizes that unless they put some limits in, you could potentially ride the system the entire day (It's still possible, but you have to grab your transfers whenever you can and ride routes in certin ways) 

hehehe I used to this when I was a kid doing errands for my dad downtown he would give me 20.00 , I would buy one ticket and go around the whole day on that ticket just remembering to pick up transfers at all the subway stations that I would go into sometimes I would have as many as 4 transfers on me. Afterwards I would take the leftover 15.00(after buying lunch) and would head over to the local comic book shop. :D

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
that's why I'm glad I drive, I haven't used the TTC sinc I got my drivers liscence 10 years ago.
Aka,Jul 13 2005, 06:43 PM Wrote:Why can't they be like Mississauga Transit? You get a transfer that's good for 2 hours and you can go wherever your heart desires. You can even transfer to a Brampton bus for like 50 cents.

However with the TTC, you can't use transfers for s**t. Except at transfer points. And if there isn't one, you have to pay again. Or if you get on a bus, then get off to do something, then want to get back on, you have to pay again.

It's bullshit. Because of that it costs me more to ride the bus to work, than it does to pay for gas.
[right][snapback]121831[/snapback][/right]
K_OS,Jul 14 2005, 12:51 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jul 13 2005, 08:50 PM Wrote:The problem is that the TTC realizes that unless they put some limits in, you could potentially ride the system the entire day (It's still possible, but you have to grab your transfers whenever you can and ride routes in certin ways) 

hehehe I used to this when I was a kid doing errands for my dad downtown he would give me 20.00 , I would buy one ticket and go around the whole day on that ticket just remembering to pick up transfers at all the subway stations that I would go into sometimes I would have as many as 4 transfers on me. Afterwards I would take the leftover 15.00(after buying lunch) and would head over to the local comic book shop. :D

Laterz :)
[right][snapback]122167[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, in the old days, if you grabbed the transfers at the right time, you had the entire day to travel the system and even had time to eat & shop all on one fare.

I don't know if its possible to do that now, but with my knee now the TTC isn't The Better Way too many stations still have no alternative to get to the platform but by stairs, NVM the buses <_<

I laugh at Mississauga's claim of "Low Floor Buses" too. Lower than before sure, but unless the driver uses their brian its still gymnastics to get into those buses for me :angry:

As long as I can drive, that's what I'll choose to do thanks...

NefCanuck
I'm almost... ALMOST willing to bo buy a POS $500 car for the rest of the summer
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
NefCanuck,Jul 14 2005, 01:47 PM Wrote:I don't know if its possible to do that now, but with my knee now the TTC isn't The Better Way too many stations still have no alternative to get to the platform but by stairs, NVM the buses  <_<

I laugh at Mississauga's claim of "Low Floor Buses" too.  Lower than before sure, but unless the driver uses their brian its still gymnastics to get into those buses for me  :angry:

As long as I can drive, that's what I'll choose to do thanks...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]122170[/snapback][/right]

there are actually elevators at all subway stations on the yonge/university line, and came standard on all stops on the sheppard line. They did the retrofit a couple years back... not sure about the bloor line as I don't travel the full length of it much.

but the kneeling buses aren't too prevalent yet, as I'm sure the TTC has too many buses to get them all replaced at once... but they're slowly getting there. Rule of thumb, if there's a nursing/retirement/longterm care facility along a route, chances are a kneeling bus travels the route.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Aka,Jul 14 2005, 01:57 PM Wrote:I'm almost... ALMOST willing to bo buy a POS $500 car for the rest of the summer
[right][snapback]122177[/snapback][/right]

and then watch the temperatures drop to 20C for the rest of the summer & rain :lol:

Hell, I was expecting gas to drop to 50 cents a litre after I bought my Focus, just to piss me off after spending that much $ for the car <_<

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,Jul 14 2005, 02:31 PM Wrote:there are actually elevators at all subway stations on the yonge/university line, and came standard on all stops on the sheppard line.  They did the retrofit a couple years back...  not sure about the bloor line as I don't travel the full length of it much.

but the kneeling buses aren't too prevalent yet, as I'm sure the TTC has too many buses to get them all replaced at once... but they're slowly getting there.  Rule of thumb, if there's a nursing/retirement/longterm care facility along a route, chances are a kneeling bus travels the route.
[right][snapback]122210[/snapback][/right]

Not quite, in fact if you review the accesible route map that the TTC provides at the following link TTC Accessible route map you'll find that there are many stations along both the north/south & west/east subway lines that are not accessible (Only those stations marked with a blue sign & wheelchair symbol are)

The TTC has grandiose "plans" but all of them hinge on getting dollars that they don't have to do the retrofits. Same problem with the GO train service.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 14 2005, 02:49 PM Wrote:
Aka,Jul 14 2005, 01:57 PM Wrote:I'm almost... ALMOST willing to bo buy a POS $500 car for the rest of the summer
[right][snapback]122177[/snapback][/right]

and then watch the temperatures drop to 20C for the rest of the summer & rain :lol:

Hell, I was expecting gas to drop to 50 cents a litre after I bought my Focus, just to piss me off after spending that much $ for the car <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]122226[/snapback][/right]
That would be fine. I wouldn't have to stand in the rain waiting for the TTC to tell my I can't get on the bus because of some new rule I've never heard of like, white boys aren't allowed to get on the bus here, because it's not a white boy transfer point.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero