Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing Headlights Removing Old Ones?
any how toos would be much appreciated just wondering on all the screw locations?
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
FocusTunerzx3,Jul 10 2005, 08:19 PM Wrote:any how toos would be much appreciated just wondering on all the screw locations?
[right][snapback]120899[/snapback][/right]

Its not really hard. All ya gotta do is remove the upper grill, then tackle the bolts on hte headlight (3 bolts or so plus one you have to get via under the front bumper). Oh and don't forget to remove the plugs. :D
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
its the under the bumper one i hate...trying to crawl under a lowered car = no fun. Thx thou i hope i can get these installed before dark lol.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
This how-to is pretty good at explaining how to remove the headlight:

headlight install
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
on the new headlights, leave the one under the light behind the bumper off, i do... such a pain in the ass to fiddle with when you have to do work with the front bumper off....
Oh yea dont worry i did i wasnt going to put that damn screw back on such a pain in the ass to take off...instead of jacking up my car i drove up on wooden blocks...Kids dont try that at home. :D
2000 ZX3 White
By leaving the lower screw off (I have considered this my self, but not done) do you get headlight shake as a result?
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
Crazirich,Jul 11 2005, 12:39 PM Wrote:By leaving the lower screw off (I have considered this my self, but not done) do you get headlight shake as a result?
[right][snapback]121070[/snapback][/right]

I didn't, but without that screw the 1 light would not "get flush" with the bumper so I put it back and it flows much bettre now.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
You talkin about the driver side one right...yea i just banged it in lol and now its there :lol:
2000 ZX3 White