Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Engine Oil Do You Use?
Whatever Mr Lube puts in for me. They give me the option of 'normal oil' and "synthetic" or something... I think I went normal cuz I didn't have the monies for more at the time.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
Aka,Jul 13 2005, 12:44 PM Wrote:Whatever Mr Lube puts in for me. They give me the option of 'normal oil' and "synthetic" or something... I think I went normal cuz I didn't have the monies for more at the time.
[right][snapback]121771[/snapback][/right]

Full synthetic just run's the engine a little better. Its suppose to get better gas milage and help the car run cooler.... But I dont find this to be the case. I did find how ever that the synthetic does run the car alot cooler on the highway and even out the idle as compared to the regular I put in a few times.

But remember choose a type and stay with it. You dont need bubbles of displaced oil runnin though your engine. Cause thats what happen's when you mix Normal and synthetic oils.

Between me, You, and the focus post.... Get normal oil... Synth is to expensive... Im shafted cause I did like 4 changes with it and its not good to switch back now <_<
2000 ZX3
canola!
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
..I use the purple one....
when they start making good filters that last longer ...then....
whatever..
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!