Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bored At Work!
*skips most of the posts*

I never have anything to do at work, I've been here 40 minutes and I've done all my work. More will come in, but it's so little that it doesn't matter. Only a few days a month do I really have non-stop work, I like those days.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
Skips most of the posts like AKA... lol

I work in a Deli, so we have our slow and busy days. The days do seem long to me though!
I'm saving the only little bit of work I have left for a bit later. It should take me 10 minutes. So I've done mostly nothing for the past... 2 hours? and for the first 4 hours I also did mostly nothing, but occassionally had some work.

While I'm all for getting paid to do nothing, can't I atleast do it at home?

My old job, I could bring in my laptop, plug it into the network, remote in home, and chat, or watch movies/anime on it. Here, I have a computer with dual monitors so no laptop required, but I can't seem to remote into my home PC. Will try R admin tomorrow.

Watch me get fired for messing with computers again.
Aka,Jul 7 2005, 05:14 PM Wrote:I'm saving the only little bit of work I have left for a bit later. It should take me 10 minutes. So I've done mostly nothing for the past... 2 hours? and for the first 4 hours I also did mostly nothing, but occassionally had some work.

While I'm all for getting paid to do nothing, can't I atleast do it at home?

My old job, I could bring in my laptop, plug it into the network, remote in home, and chat, or watch movies/anime on it. Here, I have a computer with dual monitors so no laptop required, but I can't seem to remote into my home PC. Will try R admin tomorrow.

Watch me get fired for messing with computers again.
[right][snapback]120122[/snapback][/right]

lol, what do you do?
I'm a quarterback or something... they keep calling me that...

anyway, I scan documents and direct work to their proper people.

However the system isn't fully up, they're still 'testing' and have been for more than a year apparently....

in any case, I sit with a Dual 18.1 Inch LCD monitors and surf the internet.
ZX5focused,Jul 7 2005, 10:54 AM Wrote:2.5 hours til i leave for Toronto and I've run out of s**t that i have to do.
anybody else having a slow day?
[right][snapback]119949[/snapback][/right]

God no, today was nuts :angry: First the dentist in the AM (Why I keep a dentist in North York when I live in Mississauga boggles me sometimes :blink: )

Then back at the office all hell breaks loose between existing needy clients calling one after the other, new needy clients on the phone and walking through the door.... I was ready to strangle someone when I left today <_<

NefCanuck
I started listening to Harry Potter 4 on tape today at work, actually had been listening to it prior, but listened to a few more chapters while sitting there surfing the forum here and others and then doing nothing.
Aka,Jul 7 2005, 06:06 PM Wrote:I'm a quarterback or something... they keep calling me that...

anyway, I scan documents and direct work to their proper people.

However the system isn't fully up, they're still 'testing' and have been for more than a year apparently....

in any case, I sit with a Dual 18.1 Inch LCD monitors and surf the internet.
[right][snapback]120137[/snapback][/right]

lol, sounds pretty interesting :huh:
not really, it's quite boring. I would love to actually have work, days go faster. And I get the feeling that at some point they're going to come over to my desk and ask me to stop surfing the internet so much.

I've asked for more work too...
when were out of work at work, we put a full water bottle in a clamp and everybody gives it a half turn, the unlucky one gets soaked, i missed it by 1 turn today
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
Aka,Jul 8 2005, 12:43 AM Wrote:not really, it's quite boring. I would love to actually have work, days go faster. And I get the feeling that at some point they're going to come over to my desk and ask me to stop surfing the internet so much.

I've asked for more work too...
[right][snapback]120247[/snapback][/right]

Hmm! Well if you've asked for more work, than you really cannot get in trouble. I was only joking about, it sounds interesting :lol:
I'm sitting here harassing Puppet over the Net as he's in his hotel room :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
crazikev,Jul 8 2005, 02:18 AM Wrote:when were out of work at work, we put a full water bottle in a clamp and everybody gives it a half turn, the unlucky one gets soaked, i missed it by 1 turn today
[right][snapback]120248[/snapback][/right]
Sounds like fun
So far today I've scanned perhaps 400 documents in. Now if you concider the scanner does 55 ppm, which is 3300/hr... guess how long that took me to do.

So I've neatened some piles of papers in the mean time.

Working hard this friday I am.
I'm moving customers from our residential platform to our soho platform. fun stuff.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I am so bored....

I've surfed autotrader all the way down to $1000 cars...
Aka,Jul 8 2005, 06:34 PM Wrote:I am so bored....

I've surfed autotrader all the way down to $1000 cars...
[right][snapback]120441[/snapback][/right]

This was the first Friday in weeks where until around 4pm, the phone was just going non stop... I'd swear it was a full moon or something :blink:

After 4pm the only thing happening was behind our building, two cop cruisers, a tow truck and a jacked car and a game of "dub your own dialogue" :lol:

NefCanuck
I wish I had more than 8 minutes of work a day....
In one week here in Burlytown, in the Ultra plaza parking lot...

We had one truck smash the back of a poor old ladies' car, to pieces...
A guy got arrested for drunk driving by FOUR cruisers
One of the employees cars had its front smashed by a baggy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bored At Work? Scourge 1 1,099 03-25-2009, 12:32 AM
Last Post: ZX3_2NV