Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowering Springs
Hey, i was just wondering about some springs and or shocks+struts. do i need to buy the after market shocks and struts when i buy my H&R lowering springs, or can i get away with just the springs and in the future buy the shocks? or if i should just save up and buy coil overs?
04 Silver ZX3, 17" Focal wheels, cold air intake,[COLOR=blue]
If u never want to upgrade ur suspension again save for coilovers but i bought the H&R Cup Kit(springs shocks and sturts) and that is working for me.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
what was that worth?
cup kit is about $1000 i think.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
1000 bux should do you.

However, I know there a ton of on here who have just gone with the the eibach springs. You can always do struts later.
SL8RZZX3,Jul 1 2005, 06:24 AM Wrote:
05blackzx5,Jul 1 2005, 12:03 AM Wrote:does anybody know if there is any harness available for the 2005 cd changer aux in because i want to run my ps2 through my speakers
[right][snapback]118750[/snapback][/right]

I believe you can do it through an FM modulator, which plugs into your antenna
[right][snapback]118761[/snapback][/right]

All I did was Eibach springs on my 2005 but, then again it only had 1200km on it when I lowered it!!

I'd say that if you have any thoughts about changing stuff, do it all at once instead of springs...rip apart..rip apart, struts, rip apart shocks...etc...do it all together or save for coilovers and do those!!!

cheers
I did the eibach springs and KYB shocks and struts works great. 2.0 inch drop
just IMHO, but i think if you get springs other then OE replacement springs, be prepared to replace the dampers also.. if you are gonna do that anyway.. might as well get a matched set.. so the way i see it.. get a matched set out of the gate.. or get OE replacement springs and be done with it.. (example would be h&r OE sport springs.. not sure if they are made for the focus or not...)
I did Eibach sport line...and my shocks are shot. I regret buying a lowering kit without some shocks.
Turbo arrived!
I should have my quote Monday to supply and install the SVT suspension retrofit.

It's a .5 - .75" drop, but the increased handling is what interests me the most, as well as the addition of a rear anti-roll bar as part of that package.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
i installed sportline drop springs and kyb struts and shocks, probably one the best things i could have ever done. trust me do it all at once. u 'll be impressed with the results. but remmeber take the time and save up for what u really want , and do it all at once.

greg
Thanx guys u have been realy helpfull :)
Take pics when you get it done!

Let us know how it went!
for sure i will, im thinkin il do it in a month or 2, tryin to pay off my credit cards right now and pay for the car and insurance and at the same time save for a 2001 Honda CBR 600 RR, which i plan on gettin in november but haha, il take pics as soon as i get it done :D
i havent been keeping up with focus products ever since i moved to the dark side and got a honda.. but how about something like omnipower coilovers.. 650usd for the set.. matched set of springs and dampers plus height adjust (for whatever that's worth)

i'd go with that type of matched setup rather than buying dampers and springs separately.. i bet eibach springs and kyb dampers will be almost 650usd also...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowering Springs in a 2007 Ford Focus adam102487 12 7,257 02-24-2015, 05:11 AM
Last Post: drunkinmonkey
  Lowering Springs LOFOCI WAGON 1 1,353 05-13-2008, 04:14 AM
Last Post: paulicat
  Eibach Lowering Springs zx5power 5 2,202 04-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Last Post: zx5power
  Lowering Springs hyprlte 9 3,072 04-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Last Post: dad
  Lowering Springs hyprlte 5 2,270 09-16-2004, 02:29 AM
Last Post: ZX3TUNING