Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Stroke Engines
Someone at my work seemed to think that come 2010 small engine equipment with 2 stroke engine will be banned in Ontario. Having heard that I tried to google this thing and really found nothing on environment canada, or anything.

Anybody know anything about this? I have a 2 stroke lawnomwer, trimmer, leaf blower. I'll give up all but the lawnmower :(
i doubt it....the amount of 2stroke motors that are active at the same time let alone throughout the year is nothing, they'd be better off to close all gas stations for 30 minutes.
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
there has been rumours of 2 stroke bans for years all i can see hapining is the fazing out of 2 strokes.

look a motocross allmost all brands have stopped making 2 stroke bikes and only make 4 strokes

long live the 2 stroke
In Europe FORD is pronounced "\kwa-le-te\"

2008 f250 6.4 powerstroke/twin turbo/crew cab/XLT/4x4 Edge programmer, Cat and Dpf delete, mbrp exhaust. 650hp 850ft/tq.....
2002 red SVT sport'in European Appearance package rims, AEM cai, #4111 of 4788, ranger 12v plug cover, 4500k HID HI/LO, eibach springs, H&R 15mm wheel spacers. sold Sad
2000 yellow zx3 sold
1994 mazda mx3 sold
1992 ford festiva (RIP)
If this is true, alot of us fanatic snowmobilers are going to need a new ride.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
There is a phase out for 2 stroke outboards in that I don't believe any new ones are being made and that has been the case for a few years.

I am aware of talk within the City of Toronto to outright ban 2 storke landscaping equip but it hasn't been passed yet.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
My Dad just bought a 60hp 2-stroke outboard last year. It runs cleaner than the 4 stroke it replaced. Aparently the newer 2 strokes are much more efficient than they have ever been. Its a shame if the do phase them out. They are now a very clean burning engine.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
So I guess i'm pretty good for the time being. Yeah something I did realize is that my 2 stroke (mower at least) burns 1/2 the gas any of the 4 cycle engines I had did.
Focus man, Focus.,May 20 2009, 09:41 AM Wrote:My Dad just bought a 60hp 2-stroke outboard last year.  It runs cleaner than the 4 stroke it replaced.  Aparently the newer 2 strokes are much more efficient than they have ever been.  Its a shame if the do phase them out.  They are now a very clean burning engine.
[right][snapback]287624[/snapback][/right]

Yes, I will qualify my earlier. What you are talking about are 2 strokes that use oil injectors rather than mixed gas. I believe they are OK and have decent/similar emmisions to a 4 stroke. With the outboards there is also the concern with emisions into the water not just air via the water exhaust.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,May 20 2009, 10:43 AM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,May 20 2009, 09:41 AM Wrote:My Dad just bought a 60hp 2-stroke outboard last year.  It runs cleaner than the 4 stroke it replaced.  Aparently the newer 2 strokes are much more efficient than they have ever been.  Its a shame if the do phase them out.  They are now a very clean burning engine.
[right][snapback]287624[/snapback][/right]

Yes, I will qualify my earlier. What you are talking about are 2 strokes that use oil injectors rather than mixed gas. I believe they are OK and have decent/similar emmisions to a 4 stroke. With the outboards there is also the concern with emisions into the water not just air via the water exhaust.
[right][snapback]287629[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, 2 stoke injected. Not a pre-mix. I believe it is a Merc.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
yeah... last I heard, there was just the 2 stroke phase out for mostly personal recreation vehicles, like boat engines, bike engines, etc.

which is a good thing...

What I'd love to see is a ban on leaf blowers. I'm tired of driving through the clouds of dust and crap that people blow off their lawns and into the air for motorists to deal with.

Seriously... there was a guy basically dusting the lawn at work today -- what's the point? All you're doing is burning gas and throwing dirt into the air so you can do it all again 2 weeks from now.

</rant>

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Job security, man. Job security.

I'll second the leaf blower ban, DP. Mulch 'em or rake 'em... either way is easier and quicker.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.