• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: Looking For A Car (not Immediate)
SangriaRedZX5,Jun 23 2005, 11:54 PM Wrote:
Aka,Jun 23 2005, 05:49 PM Wrote:lease?
how long?
how much down?
Four years repairs?
What do they cover with that?
I'd need to get more coverage on insurance wouldn't I?
[right][snapback]116734[/snapback][/right]

Mine's on a buy...
We paid 500 down, because we traded in my old car... whatever you wanna put down
Four years repairs are included, you have to ask and pay a little more
They cover EVERYTHING... even labour
My insurance is only 100$/month
[right][snapback]116755[/snapback][/right]

Ok this gave it all away for you. Notice the "we" gentlemen. Aka fuktards?
She has a significant other.
Also, at $100 a month for insurance, I guarantee she is over the age of 25. Sorry dear.

Your probably closer to the old man status i am at then these "gentlemen" want to believe
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Didn't notice the 'we', no.
Also, her profile says she's like 19 or something, but $100/month, secondary driver perhaps? cuz I pay that currently as a secondary driver.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
Aka,Jun 23 2005, 08:56 PM Wrote:Oh yeah, I also heard that you have to pay GST even on used cars and private sales now. This true? cuz that sucks...
[right][snapback]116790[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, you do have to pay GST! That is the Canadian ways... and I'm 18 years old. Good promotion, but not for everyone :/
How reliable are Ford Probes/Mazda MX6s? (I believe they're more or less the same car?) And how much do you figure insurance would be on one. I was thinking of getting one of the V6 ones, though I was sorta disapointed that they only had 165 hp or something. That would need to be upped a touch :D

Anyway...

So far it's something like this
Mazda MX6
Ford Probe
VW Golf/GTI
Chevy Cavalier
Honda Civic Hatchback
Mazda MX3 (V6 if I can)
Saturn SC2 (low on the list)
VW Jetta
VW Corrado
Nissan 240SX?ZX?

I don't think many/any of those really meet the requirements I asked above, but they seem to be the only cars I can get with decient km for around $5000.

Anyway... I'm still looking, I figure I'll buy end of August now.
So far it's something like this
Mazda MX6 :(
Ford Probe :( Never liked those 2.5's
VW Golf/GTI - Expensive to repair
Chevy Cavalier - newer ones are cheap... decent for a commuter car
Honda Civic Hatchback - Cheap parts :D
Mazda MX3 (V6 if I can) :angry: :angry: :( nobody should make a 1.8 v6
VW Jetta - what year?
VW Corrado - G60?
Nissan 240SX?ZX?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
yeah that's sorta how I look at my list too... lol

Mazda MX6 - why? what's wrong with it? I thought it was a decent car
Ford Probe - Never liked those 2.5's - I was hoping it'd be like a 3, but yeah, I dunno
VW Golf/GTI - Expensive to repair - yeah... but I thought they lasted a while
Chevy Cavalier - newer ones are cheap... decent for a commuter car - Yeah, cheap and easy to find, but I don't really like them
Honda Civic Hatchback - Cheap parts - I'd get one, but I'd hate feeling like a ricer everytime I decided to add something to my car
Mazda MX3 (V6 if I can) - nobody should make a 1.8 v6 - ouch, I didn't know they were 1.8 V6s...
VW Jetta - what year? - Not sure, mid 90s probably, I didn't like the look of the early 90s late 80s... my Dad had a TDI
VW Corrado - G60? - I dunno, that's more or less all I saw on Autotrader, so I guess. Is that the supercharged one?
Nissan 240SX?ZX?

I can find stuff like, 1986 RX-7 with 5.7L V8 in them and stuff too lol...
MX6.. decent car sometimes. but if you get a bad one... EVERYTHING GOES WRONG!!!!
not to mention early mazda parts were a fortune!
05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,Jul 5 2005, 02:53 PM Wrote:MX6.. decent car sometimes. but if you get a bad one... EVERYTHING GOES WRONG!!!!
not to mention early mazda parts were a fortune!
[right][snapback]119437[/snapback][/right]
were? are they still a fortune now?
how much of everything? I can't imagine EVERYTHING, because then you'd be better off buying a new car or something, but I still see them around...
What about Ford Contour SVTs?

from what google tells me they have 200 hp 274 ft-lbs 5-speed

how would they hold up? I imagine insurance would be a bit high.

Edit: the one I saw on autotrader was a '98
pfffft. its still the same 2.5V6. decent motor.. real numbers are 200hp 175ftlb i believe.

ford wishes it could make 275ftlb out of their v6's

contour svt's are awesome. just be glad it isnt the VULCAN 3.0 in there.
05 Altima SE-R
yeah I thought the numbers were off, I couldn't find many sites that matched anything. One would say this, another that. But the prospect of being able to afford a car with that kind of power made me overlook that I guess.

Contour SVT could be a good car. Alright, it's on the list.
If you want a car for 7000 with alot of power check out 97,98 Grand prix gtp. 3.8 Supercharged.
05 Altima SE-R
well not necissarily a lot of power, just something fun to drive mostly. And I know I'm straying from my own guidelines a lot of the time, hell I looked up Cadillac Cateras, lots of those to buy, RWD even, but auto only, and heavy.

In anycase, small and fun is more or less what I'm trying to talk myself into.

Trying to compromise with ones self is much harder than compromising with another person.
What about something like this? 1987 Toyota Supra Turbo 229,000 km $3500

How much would it cost to rebuild the engine? or buy a new one? how bad a shape do you figure a car like that is? looks like it would be really fun if it would all work and stuff.

Edit: or what about this http://www.trader.ca/search/details.asp?ADID=4556300 and do the same. It's $1100 cheaper, not a turbo, has 200k on it, but if I was replacing/rebuilding the motor, I could then hope to redo suspension or something too. I dunno... ideas...
Another Supra claiming more hp and lower milage.
http://www.trader.ca/search/details.asp?AD...726&ADS=4558726
Looks good, but yeah why not get a GTP? The car you can get will be a little newer and parts are cheap, or why not get a cheap focus and drop a turbo in it?
Aka,Jul 5 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:yeah that's sorta how I look at my list too... lol

Mazda MX6 - why? what's wrong with it? I thought it was a decent car
Ford Probe - Never liked those 2.5's - I was hoping it'd be like a 3, but yeah, I dunno - the 2.5L V6 is a Mazda V6 and revs like melted butter over popcorn. A truly under-rated engine.
VW Golf/GTI - Expensive to repair - yeah... but I thought they lasted a while - the base engines are gutless, go turbo or V6 for anything worth enjoying. And you thought the Focus was gutless...
Chevy Cavalier - newer ones are cheap... decent for a commuter car - Yeah, cheap and easy to find, but I don't really like them - the 2.2L I4 is an abortion that has taken them 10+ years to ditch. The EcoTec isn't called EcoScrap for nothing, and the refined 2.4L Quad4 is about your only choice (ie Z24 / Stunfire GT)
Honda Civic Hatchback - Cheap parts - I'd get one, but I'd hate feeling like a ricer everytime I decided to add something to my car - rice is as rice does. The concept of originality went out the door 10 years ago when the fad really hit. If you're like me, originality > ease of finding parts.
Mazda MX3 (V6 if I can) - nobody should make a 1.8 v6 - ouch, I didn't know they were 1.8 V6s... - nothing wrong with a tiny V6 that rips to 7000+ and makes decent noise doing it. I guess small V12s are bad too? :rolleyes:
Saturn SC2 (low on the list) - great for anti-rust qualities, parts are sketchy, kinda low on power
VW Jetta - what year? - Not sure, mid 90s probably, I didn't like the look of the early 90s late 80s... my Dad had a TDI - mid-90s are your best bet, and go VR6
VW Corrado - G60? - I dunno, that's more or less all I saw on Autotrader, so I guess. Is that the supercharged one? - very swank, goes like snot, but go VR6 again if you can... top-end problems occured with the G60.
Nissan 240SX?ZX? - awesome for handling when modded right, they're the drift kings of Japan for a reason... but horribly low on power for their size and weight stock. SR20DETs bolt up nice, go figure :ph34r:

I can find stuff like, 1986 RX-7 with 5.7L V8 in them and stuff too lol... I've got a 1987 Ford Ranger with a 302V8 and A4OD trans. with a shift kit and B+M shifter you can have for $500, probably needs another $1500 in work, have bills to prove I've invested over $5000 in parts and upgrades to it.
[right][snapback]119418[/snapback][/right]
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Cadillac Catera's are slower than the focus. 0-60 in 9 i think..

Get a 93~96 Celica GTS... bulletproof motors.
or maybe a Integra GSR... something like that. fun to drive... and RELIABLE!
05 Altima SE-R
hardk0re,Jul 8 2005, 02:02 PM Wrote:Looks good, but yeah why not get a GTP?  The car you can get will be a little newer and parts are cheap, or why not get a cheap focus and drop a turbo in it?
[right][snapback]120371[/snapback][/right]
Don't like Grand Prix... Turbos aren't cheap.

NOS2Go4Me,Jul 8 2005, 02:21 PM Wrote:I've got a 1987 Ford Ranger with a 302V8 and A4OD trans. with a shift kit and B+M shifter you can have for $500, probably needs another $1500 in work, have bills to prove I've invested over $5000 in parts and upgrades to it.
[right][snapback]120374[/snapback][/right]
I'm not good at constructing vehicles... as I've never tried. $1500 work would probably turn into a lot more with me. Also I'm not sure I'd want a Truck? But thanks anyway :)
scoobasteve,Jul 8 2005, 02:37 PM Wrote:Cadillac Catera's are slower than the focus. 0-60 in 9 i think..

Get a 93~96 Celica GTS... bulletproof motors.
or maybe a Integra GSR... something like that. fun to drive... and RELIABLE!
[right][snapback]120378[/snapback][/right]
Missed the reply button for you I guess.

I was goign to get a free 1990 Celica GTS from my Aunt until she got hit and it became a write-off.

I figured the Catera wasn't a good idea, heavy, auto, Caddy...