Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: Looking For A Car (not Immediate)
Heh... I'll be trying for low milage no doubt, but I thought if I got a good deal or something, found a car with low milage and was lower than my high, then I could add something.

I also imagine I may have to replace parts of the car that have worn, hopefully not many, but depends on what I buy and how they drove it prior to me owning it. Hopefully the most I have to replace is like, the oil lol.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
Save up an extra 3K to add to that 7k, and you can buy my car.

-100 000Km
-Turbo
-FMIC
-FK Suspension
-2 sets of wheels
-Hellas
-Lots more!!

;)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I saw that FMIC thing in that other thread "you know something something sport compact"

what the heck is it?

Also, it's not about saving money, I could easily buy a $20,000 car... I just don't want to. I want to use the money for other things, like education, so I can get out of my boring ass job and get into a plane. (I want to be a pilot). But I need a car so I can goto school AND keep my current job. The TTC just isn't fast enough, 2 hours to get to work by bus, only 20 minutes to drive by car... on a bad day.
FMIC= Front Mount Intercooler
ah! thanks!

Edit: BTW, this is how boring my job is, I'm at work right now. And I have this much free time to post on a forum.
A ZX3 for $4000
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.asp...36&adid=4561047

100,000km

the hell does "Executive driven" mean? driven into the ground cuz they know they get a new car every 2-4 years?
dunno
but what executive in his right mind would drive a ford focus???
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
My Step Dad got a Chevy Lumina on his car thiny from work. He then took all the rest of it as cash in his pocket.
Do you think it's reasonable to try and get a ZX3 for $5000? or am I basically looking for crap?
my fully loaded 2002 zx5 with 25000kms cost 14000 plus tax back in december

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
I suppose I'd be looking more 2000, and I saw only one car with under 100k on it, it had 58k, was a sedan, and an automatic... and it was like $4000... not sure why
4000 probly spi base model??? or it was in an accident?

my bad, it was $5200
http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details.asp...20&adid=4450849
Flofocus,Jul 12 2005, 01:46 PM Wrote:Jebus.  :blink:

Install them yourself.  Pay ford $60 to do the alignment.

You guys gotta learn how to us ethe wrench.  Saves so many headchaes down the line and you'll actually know WTF your talking about when you do have to bring it in to the dealership  :P

$300 to install brakes.  :blink:  Yeah, I'll learn how to do it myself, thank you very much.  :lol:
[right][snapback]121423[/snapback][/right]

Easy to say when you physically can do those things. There are those amongst us who can only dream of turning a wrench themselves, through no fault of their own :(

I mean I had to get my dad to install my new exhaust tip... that's a brain dead job that I just can't do myself (believe me watching a 64 year old man that moves only slightly better than I do, doing that work had me feeling a case of the guilts) <_<

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 12 2005, 03:55 PM Wrote:Easy to say when you physically can do those things.  There are those amongst us who can only dream of turning a wrench themselves, through no fault of their own  :(

I mean I had to get my dad to install my new exhaust tip... that's a brain dead job that I just can't do myself (believe me watching a 64 year old man that moves only slightly better than I do, doing that work had me feeling a case of the guilts)  <_<

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]121467[/snapback][/right]

Your right, I aplogise. :unsure:

My comment was more toward the people that complain about instalation prices when they know how to use a wrench. All it takes is a little reading and figuring out stuff on your own and you can save a lot of money in just labor alone. I dont know.....to me....if your 'doing up' your car, you better learn how to use some tools and get to know car mechanics. Take me for example, I'm shopping for a welder now....Have I welded before?....not really, but I'm now going to learn. :D
It's a matter of logistics and real estate, too... literally. A lot of you have garages and your own houses. Therefore you have a place to throw a welder, set of jackstands and ramps, as well as all of your tools.

Is an air compressor and basic set of air tools on the horizon? You bet. When will that particular ship arrive? After we get a house.

The thing to remember here is that we're all in different boats... different phases in life. Some of us can afford to take our Focuses off the road for a week or two to install a turbo or supercharger. Some of us live and die by our cars and mod conservatively because a week without it would devastate us.

Modding I've done mostly myself. Repairs have pretty much been routine maintenance and OEM part replacements. Don't you think I wish I had gone with Brembo blanks or EBC rotors? Yup. Why Stockfish and OEM replacements? Time. It's all about time and safety.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I understand all that.

I have no garage but I was still able to get the Justy running with a new fuel pump and my handy ratchet set from Crappy tire. ;)

I cant afford to have downtime in my car either. Thats why I have 2 cars. ;)

Quote:Modding I've done mostly myself. Repairs have pretty much been routine maintenance and OEM part replacements. Don't you think I wish I had gone with Brembo blanks or EBC rotors? Yup. Why Stockfish and OEM replacements? Time. It's all about time and safety.

Canadian tire carries all the same stuff(cheaper than OEM). You really think Brembo blanks and EBC Pads make a huge difference in performance. I dont think so....if anything, they will dust less. I have brembo blanks and KVR pads. They work as per design and very well, just like stock.

I just get upset when you guys bitch about the dealership charging you $200 or $300 for something you could have done in 1-2 hours youself. And once you do it once, you just learned something for life. No more paying $300.00 for brake changes, more money for modding. ;)
I can't do the work myself, as I live in an apartment and don't have the tools. However, I'm willing to learn, I just need a place to do it, and a person to help.

Preferably if I had a car I wouldn't want it off the road too long, I can take the TTC for a few days or something, but I'd rather not. So for me, it'd be simple mods, or perhaps at most, something that takes a weekend. While I'm sure no one would really care if I did all this in the parkinglot, I just don't have a place to put the tools required.

NOS2Go4Me: nice sig :P
Aka,Jul 12 2005, 04:29 PM Wrote:I can't do the work myself, as I live in an apartment and don't have the tools. However, I'm willing to learn, I just need a place to do it, and a person to help.

[right][snapback]121487[/snapback][/right]

Thats what freinds are for. Make some here :lol: :P
Flofocus,Jul 12 2005, 04:31 PM Wrote:Thats what freinds are for.  Make some here  :lol:  :P
[right][snapback]121488[/snapback][/right]
Working on it :P