Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: Looking For A Car (not Immediate)
Also, thought about Wagon, I wouldn't expect them to have the s**t driven out of them as much, beacuse young people don't buy wagons (generalization).
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
haha my buddy has an 01 wagon. he beats the s**t out of it..

the only thing that sucks about the wagon is the parts options...

different suspension
exhaust
back bumper.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Ah, so with the wagon, I couldn't get the SVT suspension?

Couldn't really care much about the bumper myself, as I don't want to do any mods externally. The less I spend the better. All I want is a fun cheap car in the end.
nope no svt suspension.. we're gonna order the sachs sporting set for the wagon off of batinc.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
So I think I've decided on a car.

2001 Mazda Protege ES GT

It's more than I started out trying to spend, but I started to look at things differently today. I started to look for the lightest car I could buy, that was usable, ie not a Suzuki Swift, and that's sorta what I came up with. The Civic is less weight IIRC, but I don't want one.

As far as I have been informed, it's the same motor in the Mazda Protege ES GT as the Focus, if it's not, it has surprisingly the same stats.

The insurance is a bit more than I expected, but then every car I looked at, save a 1990 Corolla (it was $2200/yr), was $3000/yr.

So yeah, as far as I could look up the Protege weighs some 2400 lbs, which is fairly light, produces the same hp as the focus, so should be a bit zippier (than the ZX5 I was driving), and the insurance is a lot less than if I were to own a ZX3.

I really wanted to buy the 1990 Toyota Supra Turbo I kept looking at, but the more i looked at it the more it looked like a bad idea. Good for a second car, but not for your only car. So today I thought, how about getting a car with the same power to weight ratio as that. The Supra works out to 15.5:1, the Protege is like 18.5:1. I figure I need to get 155-160 hp, somewhere around there to have a similar ratio. And since the Protege is tons lighter, like 1200 lbs lighter, it'd handle better.

Have I got the idea right here? does this sound like a good idea?

The two people I've asked so far think it's a much better idea than that Supra. My Dad thinks it's good because its' newer and reliable. My friend thinks it's good cuz he owns a Protege5, but perhaps he's biased ;).

I think that's that.