Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is This For?
Went out to a 24 supermarket tonight at 02:00 a.m. When I got there, I see a dark SUV with what looks like two security camera housings bolted to the roof pointing in each direction. It had flashing diodes on them and it slowly made it's way between the cars and stopped occasionally at particular vehicles.
Does anyone know what it was scanning for? Isn't this an invasion of privacy?
I remember reading an article (mighta been here, or in the paper) about a system that (I think) Peel police were using where they can scan the plates of cars and compare against a stolen car database. They cruise the malls etc and have caught a decent number of lifted cars. Coulda been that.
stolen car databses.
I see regular cop cars with these on them all the time
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Thats pretty awesome.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
peeping tom-r-us
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
We have the Toronto SWAT SUV's now too. Coulda been that.

They are black and are dark dark tinted, darker then limo. I see them every once and a while downtown.

The only reason I know they were swat is because I saw the back open on one, the inside was gutted and it was all reinforced metal, and seats along the sides (feet to the middle) and had guys sitting there with huge guns.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
That would explain it... yup.
What is the canadian SWAT team called anyway.
05 Altima SE-R
S.H.I.T
A.T.F.
I Vtec
and CSIS is the Canadian FBI?
05 Altima SE-R
CSIS is the equivelant of the FBI however the differ in the fact that the have no policing powers... They are strictly there to collect. analyse, retain, and disseminate info to concerned ministries of the Canadian Gov. And yes they are somewhat of a J/K

RCMP is more of the OPP and FBI rolled into one... thats how I look at it.
I Vtec
Why can't they change the name of the RCMP? Maybe even drop the "M"... it's so out of date...
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)