Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
June 6th, 1944
This day in history 61 years ago, D-Day took place. Canadian, american and British troops attacked occupied France in the largest amphibious assault in history. The Canadians were the only ones to reach there objectives on this day, eventualy fighting their way to Caen and faced one of Hitlers most skilled panzerdivisions.

Id like to say thanks to all the veterans, too bad most of them are dead :( Thanks Grandpa.

2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
big shout out to gramps on this one...

thats when Canada kicked some serious ass in the army!!!
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Everyone should have their flags out today. If you don't have a flag, go buy one.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Definately an important day in history.
because of my grandfather, I'm able to sit my doughy white ass down in front of this here computer.

life t'is great! thanks gramps!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

what did he do? what was he in ?

My grandpa was in the 1st Hussars of London, and drove a sherman on D-Day
2001 SE Sedan

760.8km on 45L
I thought this was a thread on 2001zts' birthday... ;)
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,Jun 6 2005, 07: Wrote:I thought this was a thread on 2001zts' birthday... ;)
[right][snapback]112943[/snapback][/right]

ZING

my grand paps was in the navy, his ship was torpedo'd and only him and 2 other survived out of 140...

weird thing is that 25 years later he met the gunner who hit his ship, on a business dinner...

talk about awkward
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Jun 6 2005, 03:12 PM Wrote:
tdot-zx3,Jun 6 2005, 07: Wrote:I thought this was a thread on 2001zts' birthday... ;)

ZING

my grand paps was in the navy, his ship was torpedo'd and only him and 2 other survived out of 140...

weird thing is that 25 years later he met the gunner who hit his ship, on a business dinner...

talk about awkward
[right][snapback]112951[/snapback][/right]
lmao, ill bet. I wonder if i would have respect for the other guy who topedoed me as he was doing his job, or would i want to murder him with my butter knife and stab him to death with my fork :unsure:
2001 SE Sedan

760.8km on 45L
crazikev,Jun 7 2005, 12:12 AM Wrote:
FociPhil,Jun 6 2005, 03:12 PM Wrote:

ZING

talk about awkward
[right][snapback]112951[/snapback][/right]
lmao, ill bet. I wonder if i would have respect for the other guy who topedoed me as he was doing his job, or would i want to murder him with my butter knife and stab him to death with my fork :unsure:
[right][snapback]113055[/snapback][/right]

More than anything, what that shows is that in the end, the men and women who were fighting and killing each other were the same.. sad really that so many people had to die fighting others who on any other day could have been their best friends.

Great for all the anti-whites in the world. WW1 and II knocked the caucassian population down quite well.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I raise my glass to those who sacrificed so we could live a better life.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
crazikev,Jun 6 2005, 03:37 PM Wrote:This day in history 61 years ago, D-Day took place.  Canadian, american and British troops attacked occupied France in the largest amphibious assault in history. The Canadians were the only ones to reach there objectives on this day, eventualy fighting their way to Caen and faced one of Hitlers most skilled panzerdivisions.             

Id like to say thanks to all the veterans, too bad most of them are dead :( Thanks Grandpa.
[right][snapback]112891[/snapback][/right]

Amen to this. On this day in 1944 my late father flew three missions over France - almost getting shot down on one; and in the process earned a DFC for his efforts. This was in his third tour of duty.

And I know there are thousands of stories just like my dad's - and so to all the veterans and their families I say cheers!

This is a photo of my grandfather (who flew in WWI and was admin in WWII) and my dad in front of his Halifax, taken just 3 months after D-Day.

And to put things in perspective, my dad at 25 was the Flight Lieutenant, and one of the most experienced pilots in the squadron. I don't think he ever really knew how proud I am of him. I hope he does now.

[Image: 1105780_1.jpg]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *