Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitness Update
Today I ran my 1st ever Half Marathon.

I woke up at 4:30 am this morning, grabbed my breakfast and headed out to Square One to line up with 8,000 other people to run the marathon.

My official chip time (the time from when I reached the start line and the time I crossed the finish) was 2 hours and 8 minutes -- considering I went from a total non-runner to completing a half marathon in 7 months and weighing about 240lbs, it's not a bad time... and I've been fighting an injury the last few weeks too.

you can see the official posting on sportstats.ca here

It was quite the experience.. running with thousands of other people -- people who run like toronto drivers -- and being cheered on by complete strangers is something else.

I only have one pic -- will have to get it from my GF when I get a chance.

next on the list -- drop more weight and get faster....

Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

My co-worker ran this marathon and he loved it so much. He keeps talking about running...running and more running.
He lost 50lbs.

Good for you guys.
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
You were by sq1 and didn't tell us?
My other ride is your Mom
darkpuppet,May 10 2009, 03:57 PM Wrote:Today I ran my 1st ever Half Marathon.

I woke up at 4:30 am this morning, grabbed my breakfast and headed out to Square One to line up with 8,000 other people to run the marathon.

My official chip time (the time from when I reached the start line and the time I crossed the finish) was 2 hours and 8 minutes -- considering I went from a total non-runner to completing a half marathon in 7 months and weighing about 240lbs, it's not a bad time... and I've been fighting an injury the last few weeks too.

It was quite the experience.. running with thousands of other people -- people who run like toronto drivers -- and being cheered on by complete strangers is something else. 

[right][snapback]287043[/snapback][/right]

Congratulations!
If now you have 240 lbs how much did you weight 7 months ago? I'm trying to get an idea what would running do for me since I'm in my fourth week of running and trying to lose 40-50 lbs from 234 which I have now.
2003 ZX-5 SVT CD-Silver 1939 out of 2173
Ah nuts, I knew there was a reason I wanted to get up this morning (we had a power failure last night that woke me up and messed up my sleep <_<)

Good on you DP.

NefCanuck
darkpuppet,May 10 2009, 03:57 PM Wrote:Today I ran my 1st ever Half Marathon.

[right][snapback]287043[/snapback][/right]

Fantastic - congrats Steve - so do you now qualify for the New York Marathon?

And a side note: the Ethiopian was beaten by 7 Canadians - - yeah!
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Benzin,May 10 2009, 09:15 PM Wrote:Congratulations!
If now you have 240 lbs how much did you weight 7 months ago? I'm trying to get an idea what would running do for me since I'm in my fourth week of running and trying to lose 40-50 lbs from 234 which I have now.
[right][snapback]287058[/snapback][/right]

To be honest, I haven't dropped much weight this year -- last year, I dropped about 20-25 lbs -- but once I started running seriously, I found it hard to control my calorie intake -- which was a bunch of factors.

In the end, if I watch my diet closely, the weight comes off very quickly -- which is my goal now that I'm not training to finish a race....

Weight loss is simple mathematics -- expend more calories than you ingest. 3500 colories = 1lb of fat. weight training, cardio and a good diet will help you lose weight the quickest. Good luck with whatever training program you adopt! It's hard, but it's worth it.

Nice work Steveo! Hell of an effort!

I think I've become a yo-yo trainer / workout guy. Some months I'm at it, some months not so much. I've resolved to bike to work and back as mcuh as I can in the next couple of months as summer hockey starts July 1st for us here at work.

After biking in this morning, I realized I had forgotten one thing: when the f*** did the seat start hurting my ass so much? :o :ph34r:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,May 11 2009, 07:08 AM Wrote:After biking in this morning, I realized I had forgotten one thing: when the f*** did the seat start hurting my ass so much? :o :ph34r:
[right][snapback]287079[/snapback][/right]

It's because your ass got soft... time in the saddle will toughen it up again.

Did you run with the hat on that carries two beers and a straw?

Watch out for spillage.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,May 11 2009, 11:20 AM Wrote:Did you run with the hat on that carries two beers and a straw?

Watch out for spillage.
[right][snapback]287109[/snapback][/right]

That's why you spend the extra $5 and get the version with the spillproof lids :P

I thought you would know this? :D

Me? I'll just stick to a beer and a couch, no way to spill that... until I get toasted :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Congrats on completing the marathon. Finishing is a big step in itself.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FITNESS UPDATE. JUNE 2012 ANTHONYD 12 4,365 06-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Last Post: meford4u
  Fitness Update - End of April NOS2Go4Me 45 23,475 04-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: ZTWsquared
  Fitness Update - End Of Summer Edition... darkpuppet 9 2,665 09-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Last Post: heelchain