Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wtf!
Ummmm, I am talking about my little red 91 civic hatch.....can you say cop magnet? :o
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 2 2005, 12:03 PM Wrote:Ummmm, I am talking about my little red 91 civic hatch.....can you say cop magnet? :o
[right][snapback]112202[/snapback][/right]

what happned to the turbo plans for the bateau? :huh:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Just a matter of time from our discussion 2 weekends ago (so I gathered). :o
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
First turbo the pocket rocket, then turbo the bateau! ;)
Flofocus,Jun 2 2005, 04:30 PM Wrote:
Jays2000ZX3,Jun 2 2005, 12:03 PM Wrote:Ummmm, I am talking about my little red 91 civic hatch.....can you say cop magnet? :o
[right][snapback]112202[/snapback][/right]

what happned to the turbo plans for the bateau? :huh:
[right][snapback]112205[/snapback][/right]

Common your telling me you couldnt see that Jay was going to change his plans 10 mins after mentioning the boat was the best car on the face of the earth?

Flo im disapointed in you .. :lol: :P

If you deny a cop to do something, guess what hes going to do most of the time.... Keep you at the side of the road till he has the authority to do more .. OR .. write every god damn ticket he can just to piss you off.

The street racing scene if horribly pathetic though. Take it from a guy who was at meets 2-3 times a week before to watch ... most of the people at these "street races" are the biggest stupidest ricers on the face of the planet.

Theres should be a bylaw to disallow mass numbers of ricers to gather together. That would solve more problems then whatever this statement is saying.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
No more Timmies meets in the lower west end? What will Besian do with his whistlin' 200SX? And what of Chirp's Cougar replacement? :lol:

</inside joke>

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I've always tought that one way to get all these racers off the street would be to build a track within the GTA(Downsview) that way they have a place to run there machines in a proper race setting where if they kill themselves they're not going to take several innocent people with them as well, unfortunately Toronto will never listen to the needs of the community and street racing will continue to be a plague on our city.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
K_OS,Jun 2 2005, 02:39 PM Wrote:I've always tought that one way to get all these racers off the street would be to build a track within the GTA(Downsview) that way they have a place to run there machines in a proper race setting where if they kill themselves they're not going to take several innocent people with them as well, unfortunately Toronto will never listen to the needs of the community and street racing will continue to be a plague on our city.

[right][snapback]112263[/snapback][/right]

I've thought about something like that before. But i dont see people going to the track even if its built up. most people wouldnt want to pay to race. so it would just be a waste of money in the end.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
It's not an issue of "most people won't pay", it's called "most insurance companies want stupid amounts of money to cover the track as it's within city limits".

And just for the record, and only once will I say it, street racers are NOT a plague. RICERS who act without thinking and jeopardize others around them are a plague. It's funny how some of the oldest of us conveniently forget that street racing was quite common in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. The only things that have changed are the cars themselves.

NOS2Go4Me,Jun 2 2005, 03:47 PM Wrote:It's not an issue of "most people won't pay", it's called "most insurance companies want stupid amounts of money to cover the track as it's within city limits".

And just for the record, and only once will I say it, street racers are NOT a plague. RICERS who act without thinking and jeopardize others around them are a plague. It's funny how some of the oldest of us conveniently forget that street racing was quite common in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. The only things that have changed are the cars themselves.
[right][snapback]112266[/snapback][/right]

Lets not forget that there are more cars on the road today than there ever were. Plus cops are as forgiving as they were long ago. :glare:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
K_OS,Jun 2 2005, 02:39 PM Wrote:I've always tought that one way to get all these racers off the street would be to build a track within the GTA(Downsview) that way they have a place to run there machines in a proper race setting where if they kill themselves they're not going to take several innocent people with them as well, unfortunately Toronto will never listen to the needs of the community and street racing will continue to be a plague on our city.

[right][snapback]112263[/snapback][/right]

Building a drag track within the GTA is a good idea and MANY people would use it instead of the streets .. what's a $10-20 entry fee vs. a loss of license for street racing. But the downside to that is that the cops and the MTO well setup shop outside the entrance to the track as they do at cayuga everytime people go there to try and get the racing off the street

there is no fixing this problem ..
Below Average Car Club
scoobasteve,Jun 1 2005, 04:38 PM Wrote:Linky

Scary  :ph34r:

Apparently If your car is modified for "speed" it can be impounded now, no questions asked.
[right][snapback]112027[/snapback][/right]

The focus is safe then huh? <_<
k, I just spoke to my law firm and here is what they had to say.

The Police HAVE the right to open the hood of your car if they suspect there are modifications done. If they pull you over on a routine traffic stop and say is there any drugs or dead bodies in the car... lol well then you can say you don't have the right to ask me that, and you are not obligated to answer.

What it comes down to is, is your vehicle legal. When they impound the car, they do that to have someone inspect it to see if there are components on the vehicle that are illegal or unsafe sort to speak (ie, ghetto instals). He was not car savy so he is sending me the complete regulation act that describes the components and modifications that they deem are illegal or whatever. As soon as I get that I will take a good read, perhaps I can even scan it in or pdf it and it can be a sticky.

He said bottom line, it would be wise to be proactive and take the car to the ministry to have them confirm the car is not breaking the regulation act and ask for something in writing... or take it to the cop shop or whatever. The reason being, if you get pulled over and the officer asks you about modifications then, as the lawyer stated (I laughed) "you can shove that piece of paper in his face" lol

I look forward to reading this thing, but something tells me it's long and wordy :rolleyes: probably will need clarification on some of it. I'll likely bring mine down to the cop shop or ministry with the act in hand after each significant mod is added.

Anyway, that's the law like it or not.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
also, this has been in effect for some time as many of you know. He suggested that the City Pulse article was just rehashing the concept for awareness and to put a scare into those who may be thinking of modding... regulation maintenance if you will lol
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
So they can bust you on the side of the road for "ghetto installs" but then you have to prove they're not. And then a week later when you change the colour of your paint, you stand a likely chance of doing it all over again. Great :rolleyes:

And this is why I never really wanted a body kit. Mod for better performance, mod for some appearance, but mod so you don't have to duck and dodge just to get to the flamin' grocery store for a bag of milk.

And, if they're out to scare-monger against the general public then that's pathetic.

Or as I just thought up, "Adolf Hitler, your Gestapo Mk. 2 is ready". :angry:

We shouldn't be afraid to be individuals who express their desire to be unique through their cars. We shouldn't all drive fleet-style vehicles if we don't want to. It's not like they're all being leased through the government.

What it really breaks down to, once again, is this country's great skill of capitulating to the minorities while giving it to the majority up the ass with a 18" dildo (and no lube at that). It's not the first time we've been shafted like that, and it won't be the last. When someone in the minority fringe of any type decides they've found a way to "tax" the majority or a very susceptible minority repeatedly, it just happens and we smile as we inhale the BS concoction of the day/week/month.

As soon as the vast majority of car fans and even ricers have been bled dry by this enforcement run, they'll move on to bigger and better things (they being the various levels of government involved).

yeah... but tell me how you really feel :huh:

awesome rant dood, and you're totally right. regrardless, let see what the act actually reads like... the city pulse comments are news, not official police releases.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA