Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washed, Claybarred, & Waxed In Under 2 Hours
Thats a great job, wanna do my car next?
laidman,Jun 8 2005, 09:02 AM Wrote:Thats a great job, wanna do my car next?
[right][snapback]113318[/snapback][/right]

The only way I'll do your car is if its a copper-colored 2005 zx5.....

so there...
whats a claybar? :huh:
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
crazikev,Jun 9 2005, 02:52 AM Wrote:whats a claybar? :huh:
[right][snapback]113482[/snapback][/right]

A Claybar is exactly like the name suggests..a bar made of clay which you use as a surface rubbing compound to pull road contaminents off your car. i.e. tar, bugs, soap film, asphalt, some rust blotches....etc..

They are usually yellow in color and are about the size of a thin bar of soap or maybe a bit smaller. You wash your car and use a detailing spray or at least water and rub the claybar back and forth over the surface of your car till you can't feel it pulling anymore...you keep folding the claybar over every so often as to kneed it over to get a fresh part of the bar. Most claybars can be used 5+ times depending on the amount of contaminents and dirtiness of the vehicles you are barring...

You can get a Mother's Claybar kit from CrappyTire for about $15-$20 and that includes a claybar, carnuba wax cleaner, and a bottle of showtime detail spray. Thats probably the cheapest and most effective kit you can get for over-the-counter.

hope that helps!!
microbunny,Jun 9 2005, 05:48 AM Wrote:

A Claybar is exactly like the name suggests..a bar made of clay which you use as a surface rubbing compound to pull road contaminents off your car. i.e. tar, bugs, soap film, asphalt, some rust blotches....etc..

They are usually yellow in color and are about the size of a thin bar of soap or maybe a bit smaller. You wash your car and use a detailing spray or at least water and rub the claybar back and forth over the surface of your car till you can't feel it pulling anymore...you keep folding the claybar over every so often as to kneed it over to get a fresh part of the bar. Most claybars can be used 5+ times depending on the amount of contaminents and dirtiness of the vehicles you are barring...

You can get a Mother's Claybar kit from CrappyTire for about $15-$20 and that includes a claybar, carnuba wax cleaner, and a bottle of showtime detail spray. Thats probably the cheapest and most effective kit you can get for over-the-counter.

hope that helps!!
[right][snapback]113488[/snapback][/right]
ok i got the claybar and did my car, but i got a few claybar streaks where i missed a spray and it left some on there. Is there anyway to get it off or am i screwed?
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
crazikev,Jun 12 2005, 11:20 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Jun 9 2005, 05:48 AM Wrote:

hope that helps!!
[right][snapback]113488[/snapback][/right]
ok i got the claybar and did my car, but i got a few claybar streaks where i missed a spray and it left some on there. Is there anyway to get it off or am i screwed?
[right][snapback]113916[/snapback][/right]

Do you mean bits of clay or just residue..

if clay, rub over the bar again to pick it up

if residue, time to wax.. :)
Raine,May 29 2005, 06:41 PM Wrote:My car's that shiny despite being winter driven, having been in an accident, and being 5 years old...

I like those tails tho. How much did they end up running you?
[right][snapback]111327[/snapback][/right]

I have those tails they were right around $4oo
Microbunny... I think I have seen you around town. You work at the opposite end of me... I work around the Appleby and Uppermiddle area (Ultra Food & Drug)... but I think I have seen you.
SangriaRedZX5,Jun 23 2005, 04:33 PM Wrote:Microbunny... I think I have seen you around town. You work at the opposite end of me... I work around the Appleby and Uppermiddle area (Ultra Food & Drug)... but I think I have seen you.
[right][snapback]116677[/snapback][/right]

I live right across the street from where you work.

I'm at that store almost every day.

keep an eye out. I drive the lowered green sedan with rims.
That is so weird. I'm there like everyday too - working though :/ I'm one of the Deli Managers there. Check for me parked near the end of the parking lot... AWYN-164 is my license plate. I work 12-830 tomorrow... I'll definitely watch for you!
we need more foci in mississauga.. i never even see paolo anymore.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
SangriaRedZX5,Jun 23 2005, 04:55 PM Wrote:That is so weird. I'm there like everyday too - working though :/ I'm one of the Deli Managers there. Check for me parked near the end of the parking lot... AWYN-164 is my license plate. I work 12-830 tomorrow... I'll definitely watch for you!
[right][snapback]116689[/snapback][/right]

MMMMMMM COLD CUTS.
*laughs* Yeah I know its fake meat :/
Hey, I'm in that area all the time. I work on Plains rd. between Guelph Line and Brant St.

I am on Guelph Line near upper middle 2-3 times a day!

microbunny,Jun 23 2005, 07:25 PM Wrote:Hey, I'm in that area all the time. I work on Plains rd. between Guelph Line and Brant St.

[right][snapback]116768[/snapback][/right]

I'll definitely be seeing you around. I'm always in the Uppermiddle area!
you should most definately come to the bbq/meet this weekend!
scoobasteve,Jun 23 2005, 05:01 PM Wrote:we need more foci in mississauga.. i never even see paolo anymore.
[right][snapback]116692[/snapback][/right]

I'm around dude, just kinda hard to spot (I mean I have my decals and that's what counts right? :lol: )

Either around 5 & 10 or Square One during the week (and if I'm still in town on the weekends just look for the big black cloud :rofl:)

NefCanuck
SangriaRedZX5,Jun 23 2005, 07:28 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Jun 23 2005, 07:25 PM Wrote:Hey, I'm in that area all the time. I work on Plains rd. between Guelph Line and Brant St.

[right][snapback]116768[/snapback][/right]

I'll definitely be seeing you around. I'm always in the Uppermiddle area!
[right][snapback]116770[/snapback][/right]

Oh, I am coming! For a bit, but I'm coming! :D

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cleaned, And Waxed =) yeloZX3 3 1,618 09-05-2004, 10:54 AM
Last Post: tdot-zx3