Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell Phone Ban
With the banning of cellphone use in vehicles, I am looking at handsfree devices. Any ideas, besides a friendly young female blonde, or brunette or redhead..... to answer the phone for me?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,May 4 2009, 11:20 AM Wrote:With the banning of cellphone use in vehicles, I am looking at handsfree devices. Any ideas, besides a friendly young female blonde, or brunette or redhead..... to answer the phone for me?
[right][snapback]286489[/snapback][/right]

A new Fusion will come with SYNC which is an excellent hands-free technology ... prior to having SYNC I used my Magellan 4050 GPS with built-in bluetooth to sync up with my phone ... you still have to reduce the volume on the radio yourself but overall the sound quality was good and the connection was solid.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,May 4 2009, 01:08 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 4 2009, 11:20 AM Wrote:With the banning of cellphone use in vehicles, I am looking at handsfree devices. Any ideas, besides a friendly young female blonde, or brunette or redhead..... to answer the phone for me?

A new Fusion will come with SYNC which is an excellent hands-free technology ... prior to having SYNC I used my Magellan 4050 GPS with built-in bluetooth to sync up with my phone ... you still have to reduce the volume on the radio yourself but overall the sound quality was good and the connection was solid.
[right][snapback]286492[/snapback][/right]
Don't want a Fusion. It's an old man's car.......... :lol:
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
i've got Jawbone with noise assasin and its really good. cut down most of the back ground noise so others can hardly tell that i'm in the car.

Without that then i would say get the sync. Its amazing and i loved it on the escape rental that i had.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

oldeguy,May 4 2009, 12:28 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]286496[/snapback][/right]

Nice ... :ph34r: - - - come watch me at Calabogie July 18th and guaranteed you'll change your mind.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,May 4 2009, 12:32 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,May 4 2009, 12:28 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]286496[/snapback][/right]

Nice ... :ph34r: - - - come watch me at Calabogie July 18th and guaranteed you'll change your mind.
[right][snapback]286498[/snapback][/right]

How about we tag team him ZTW? I'm still young enough to be his son :lol:

and don't forget that by the time you add SYNC to a Ford vehicle, the steering wheel has the redundant audio controls on it, meaning that your hands never have to leave the wheel to answer, make calls or hang up on people (Though stabbing a button to end a call doesn't have that same feel as slamming a phone down :P)

NefCanuck
+1 for the young assistant. No, you can't have mine. :lol: :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
oldeguy,May 4 2009, 12:20 PM Wrote:With the banning of cellphone use in vehicles, I am looking at handsfree devices. Any ideas, besides a friendly young female blonde, or brunette or redhead..... to answer the phone for me?

The GPS idea is good. I bought on of those bluetooth rear view mirrors for my focus. It slips on over the existing mirror and displays the number/contact in the mirror when somebody is calling.

Theres a lot of good stereo decks out there that will work with most bluetooth equipped phones also. I have a pioneer f700bt and it works great, a lot of similar features as the SYNC system in the new Ford's. Plus you can add on to it, it runs off windows CE, so you can add a USB hard drive, custom software, also has addtional inputs like a rear view camera, play station, IPOD, Sat radio, etc....
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Ive seen a bluetooth device they sell at Walmart that clips onto your sun visor (same size as a door opener) I think it was $50. If your phone is BT it works no problem.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
mo_focus,May 4 2009, 12:28 PM Wrote:i've got Jawbone with noise assasin and its really good. cut down most of the back ground noise so others can hardly tell that i'm in the car. [right][snapback]286497[/snapback][/right]
+1 on the Jawbone. I love mine.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
+1 for the jawbone 2.0
My other ride is your Mom
I have the Motorola 1550 (I think Thats the number) Since Im not crazy about the ear piece. A big bonus is I can play tunes from my phone right throught the cars's radio without any wires.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
I am very happy with my JVC KD-BT1 deck, bought it without much research (was going in to buy an Alpine). Cliche, but loaded with features and inputs.
No regrets.

And I saw an ad in MarketNews for a Quebec company, they will be distributing a factory fit aftermarket stereo. Bluetooth, GPS, touchscreen blah blah, all the goodies. Will post link when I find it.
i would recommend PARROT..solid unit!!
don't bother GPS with bluetooth, you can barely hear,,
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
http://www.motevomobile.com/main.htm
these factory replacement HU are sweet. Will definately be pricing one out for the next vehicle.