Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shell Gasoline
While checking the price of gasoline at the local Shell station, I noticed a big blue sign saying to try their new gasoline with nitrogen in it. Has any of you chemists tried it? Would it be any good?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
oldeguy,May 4 2009, 10:25 AM Wrote:While checking the price of gasoline at the local Shell station, I noticed a big blue sign saying to try their new gasoline with nitrogen in it. Has any of you chemists tried it? Would it be any good?
[right][snapback]286472[/snapback][/right]

I've always run Shell, can't really say for sure as the weather has warmed up which always increases your mileage but the car seems to be returning better fuel economy numbers.

This is compared to last April esp. on the highway where I managed 8.1L /100km on my trip to London for work (and that's with a Steeda CAI & 91 octane tune and some "spirited" highway driving)

NefCanuck
I have really noticed a huge amount, there is less black residue on my tailpipe and there is more fuel milieage.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

It's supposed to burn cleaner, and clean the insides better. I've used it once or twice, and seems ok.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-10185640-48.html
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
probably just more marketing shinangins from Shell.
'03 Focus SVT
I know the owners of the two Shell gas bars here in town. I won't be shopping there unless Shell is the last gas retailer open in NB, and even then I'd likely walk.

I look forward to reading everyone else's reports, though. :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
pioneer all the way. I love the bonus bucks
I side with Esso for the moment. Shell always seems to screw up my mileage.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin