Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Extend Or Not To Extend
Marction,Apr 19 2005, 01:20 PM Wrote:suit yourselves...Ford wouldn't offer an extended warranty package at that price if they LOST money on it.

if you think your car is that bad...that you'll need more than $1200 in warranty work in the next couple of years...maybe you should be taking that $1200 and putting it down on another car ;)

(I like the suggestion of using previous repair history as an indicator...if your car has been trouble-free...why bother paying for extended warranty...if it's been in the shop a lot, maybe it's a lemon)
[right][snapback]102681[/snapback][/right]

I dunno, I bought an extended warranty on my last car that paid for itself easily (The warranty cost me two grand but the work that they did under warranty was at least $3,500 worth, thanks to the car eating every engine seal it had :lame: )

As for my new wheels, I couldn't afford it this year when I bought the car but I'll be doing it in '06 when my tax return comes in.... I like piece of mind

NefCanuck
I think that's a decent idea...

it depends on the car...if it's been trouble free, why bother...if you've had problems in the past, maybe it will indeed pay for itself, as it has for some people here.

I'd never buy an extended one at the time I bought a new car though...Mazda is interesting...they let you pick your warranty.
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad