Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Svt Fogs
Im thinking of trying to put some SVT fogs into my bumper. Is it the same wiring harness and everything as a normal ZX3?

I had fog lights on my ZX3 before, and i wanta set to work with my stock switch in the car, im hoping that they will fit in my bumper...seeing as i still have the wiring and everything hanging there...

any one got a price or part number for just the light and housing, without the switches and wiring, (as long as its the same as the ZX3)...

and i hope they will fit ok...i dont wanna go to craapy tire and look... <_<
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Pick up the latest issue of Focus Fanatic. Gives most info you'll need.
FociPhil,Apr 8 2005, 09:23 PM Wrote:Im thinking of trying to put some SVT fogs into my bumper. Is it the same wiring harness and everything as a normal ZX3?

I had fog lights on my ZX3 before, and i wanta set to work with my stock switch in the car, im hoping that they will fit in my bumper...seeing as i still have the wiring and everything hanging there...

any one got a price or part number for just the light and housing, without the switches and wiring, (as long as its the same as the ZX3)...

and i hope they will fit ok...i dont wanna go to craapy tire and look... <_<
[right][snapback]99861[/snapback][/right]

Phil,

Try this (I found my front-end conversion invoice):

HF/973-735 SOCKET $8.95 (price from 2003)

That should be it. You may also need the bracket for the fog lamp:
2M5Z*15266*AB and AC ($30.83 in 2003)
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
serious, it that for the actaly light and brcket, im looking at 40 bucks a side!?!?

thats great, im gonna give that a try...

thanks richard
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
I found these part numbers:
2M5Z-15200-AB - LH & RH FOG LIGHTS
XL3Z-13466-AA - FOG LIGHT BULBS
2M5Z-15266-AB FOG LAMP BRKT (RH)
2M5Z-15266-AC FOG LAMP BRKT (LH)

in the SVT parts thread on FocalJet:
http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/showfla...art=1&vc=1&nt=4

also there's a note at the bottom of the front fascia parts list:
"Please note: the stock wiring harness doesn't allow you to connect to the SVT foglamp. You need to get a pigtail (if available) or mod the connector. "

Which probably refers to the "HF/973-735 SOCKET $8.95 (price from 2003)" number GapBoy listed.

$40 sounds way too cheap for OEM foglights though, I'd expect to pay a lot more than that..