Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo Install Pics (updated, More Pics)
2001 ZTS,Apr 3 2005, 07:44 PM Wrote:Awesome and a big thumbs up for leaving the bottom grill on and not being show-offish: "hey look at my m4dd t1t3 FMIC". Thats a classy ride.
[right][snapback]98682[/snapback][/right]

I couldn't agree more! looks great...the more understated 'sleeper' the better B)
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
Nate, that is freaking awesome. I wish I had the funds to do a FI setup but alas it's my daily driver.

Looks amazing though.
awesome awesome job...i cant' believe the mount of air that is going to be sucked in by all the ppl i know doing a FI project this spring lol
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
That is unbelievable. I can't believe you guys pulled it off! :D

Oh, and sorry to hear about the rocker cover gasket. How long was it dry before it started leaking again?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
B) . Great work!
thanks jay
ZX3T gone..
hardk0re,Apr 4 2005, 12:47 AM Wrote:
dmcisaac,Apr 3 2005, 11:26 PM Wrote:how much did the turbo kit put u back?
[right][snapback]98715[/snapback][/right]

Lets not talk about that one..... :P
[right][snapback]98720[/snapback][/right]

I'm still under the $4500.00 mark. With a scanner and dyno tuning, that will put me over the $5000 mark.

I decided to go FI almost 3 years ago. I've been buying a couple of parts a month here and there...I saw all you guys adding headers, cams, gears, s**t like that. I did not see one dyno in any kind of HP range that I wanted (180WHP +). I decided to make my own turbo kit in that case. If I stayed NA, I think it would have taken more than $4500.00 to get to 180WHP. I think Im over that anyways....I always loved my focus, just the lack of pwer compared to freinds WRX's, RSX-S's....needed something to keep up and a new car is out of my price range. :lol:

Just to let everyone know, Im cancelling my Dyno tomorrow. Tom said there isnt a point to go all out on a dyno before we get some other stuff fixed. :(
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
ahhhh.. so you gonna have to get a logger first before going on the dyno?

i mean the car is still running alright right now isn't it? whats the next step?
ZX3T gone..
MAlby7,Apr 4 2005, 01:25 AM Wrote:Nate, that is freaking awesome.  I wish I had the funds to do a FI setup but alas it's my daily driver.

Looks amazing though.
[right][snapback]98732[/snapback][/right]

I'm planning on keeping it my summer daily driver. It ALMOST drives like stock, a couple of minor issues to work out and Im set.

Quote:Oh, and sorry to hear about the rocker cover gasket. How long was it dry before it started leaking again?

Around 94 000Km it went on me. AnthonyD's went on his to.
Doesn't Tapp have a logger?

I mean, it's a Mustang dyno there so you can check underload and part throttle etc.
BerinG,Apr 4 2005, 09:45 AM Wrote:ahhhh.. so you gonna have to get a logger first before going on the dyno?

i mean the car is still running alright right now isn't it? whats the next step?
[right][snapback]98772[/snapback][/right]

I wanna find a cheap datalogger. Do you know if those ones on Ebay are any good. "Autogenuity" or something like that.....

Everybody that has been in my car so far said it drives really nice, especially after we fixed the BOV. Carey mentioned it drove really nice when he got a ride. The car will sometimes stutter in lower RPM's.....2-3K RPm.

Jays2000ZX3,Apr 4 2005, 09:47 AM Wrote:Doesn't Tapp have a logger?

I mean, it's a Mustang dyno there so you can check underload and part throttle etc.
[right][snapback]98774[/snapback][/right]

Im not sure...Im calling.....now! :lol:
Nice work guys!

Impressive indeed.
What i'Ve heard about other dataloggers that doesn't work weel is that they won't read past 100% load.. which was one of the benefits of the Raptor or the new sniper tuning or something..

ive heard of people tuning with an autotap for example but mostly for closed loop operation / short term fuel trims..

sniper tuning one looks good though at 300us compared to 450$ for the raptor thats backordered and not even available to those who just bought the PRP.. not sure if you have that much time though to wait for the sniper or if its too much..
ZX3T gone..
Flofocus,Apr 4 2005, 09:51 AM Wrote:
Jays2000ZX3,Apr 4 2005, 09:47 AM Wrote:Doesn't Tapp have a logger?

[right][snapback]98774[/snapback][/right]

Im not sure...Im calling.....now! :lol:
[right][snapback]98776[/snapback][/right]

Leaving right now. Chris is going to try a scan tool to see my short fuel trims. Crossing my finge rit works, he didnt sound to confident that it would!!
it should work.. its just not over 100% load and the reading might not be as accurate (not as fast) but thats not too bad, you can still get decent reading information even if its not 1000000 samples a sec.. stft shouldn't be on that much load anyway..

later
ZX3T gone..
Long term fuel trim was 0%
Short term fuel trim was 18%

Somebody wanna explain that to me?

:lol:
id say LTFT is zero caus it didn't get a chance to adapt yet..

STFT, id say, 18% too lean

would need to know specs of the snap-on tools
ZX3T gone..
I see that you got a 2.5 trubenz flex. Do you have a ZX3 Borla or a SVT Borla exhaust? Someone told me that although the ZX3 Borla has 2.5" piping the flange is only 2.25" to mate with the standard flex. Did you change the flange? (assuming you had the ZX3 Borla)
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Intake Arm with Pro-M

[Image: DSCF0850.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0851.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0852.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0854.jpg]

Waste gate bracket I was talking about...

[Image: DSCF0855.jpg]

Pretty toight in there....

[Image: DSCF0857.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oil Pressure Gauge *pics Updated* girard.k 19 6,589 02-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Last Post: faster_than_u
  Turbo Install Started... hardk0re 68 23,272 04-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Last Post: hardk0re