Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo Install Pics (updated, More Pics)
dBlast,Apr 4 2005, 04:28 PM Wrote:I see that you got a 2.5 trubenz flex.  Do you have a ZX3 Borla or a SVT Borla exhaust?  Someone told me that although the ZX3 Borla has 2.5" piping the flange is only 2.25" to mate with the standard flex.  Did you change the flange? (assuming you had the ZX3 Borla)
[right][snapback]98878[/snapback][/right]

I have the ZX3, the SVT wasnt even out when it was installed back in Oct 00.

Im not sure what size it is, but they fit perfectly, thats all I cared about. lol
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0857.jpg]

Any concerns about melting that plastic?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Apr 4 2005, 06:37 PM Wrote:[Image: DSCF0857.jpg]

Any concerns about melting that plastic?
[right][snapback]98911[/snapback][/right]

No, if it didnt melt on a 6.5 hour drive, I dont think it will. The wires were ruff looking, but they were like that with the stock setup. Today, I re-wired the wires anyways, just to be safe.

PS...Andrew...My freind with the RS/WRX swap drove her today, and he said it pulls harder than his REX.

Boy, did that put a smile on my face. :D
It's crazy Nate...You gave me the bug to get one!! The ride was crazy, thx man!!

Turbo arrived!
That intake looks like it fits pretty nice in there. :)

P.S. let me know when you back in town, we can swap the piping/couplers and see about that downpipe if you want.
Jays2000ZX3,Apr 4 2005, 11:33 PM Wrote:That intake looks like it fits pretty nice in there. :)

P.S. let me know when you back in town, we can swap the piping/couplers and see about that downpipe if you want.
[right][snapback]99029[/snapback][/right]

Yeah it worked out good when your not forced to use exact limited bends. :P :lol:

Youve been PM'd. ;)
I would still protct the fan plactic. Especially when you finally start driving it hard. That looks super close in there.

I commend you on all that work. Nicely done. I have a ton of respect for you guys that can take on a job like that.
Fan is fine like that, as long as the turbo is not touching it, and from that angle, it looks worse then it actually is.
Nice work guys. I take back everything I ever said bad a about your skills Jay.

Enjoy your new ride Flo.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Jays2000ZX3,Apr 5 2005, 09:28 AM Wrote:Fan is fine like that, as long as the turbo is not touching it, and from that angle, it looks worse then it actually is.
[right][snapback]99096[/snapback][/right]

My turbo is close to the fan too....

I think that plastic can take allot of heat tho...it may get brittle over time, but I don't think its anything thats going to say burn or cause problems in the short term.
hardk0re,Apr 5 2005, 12:05 PM Wrote:
Jays2000ZX3,Apr 5 2005, 09:28 AM Wrote:Fan is fine like that, as long as the turbo is not touching it, and from that angle, it looks worse then it actually is.
[right][snapback]99096[/snapback][/right]

My turbo is close to the fan too....

I think that plastic can take allot of heat tho...it may get brittle over time, but I don't think its anything thats going to say burn or cause problems in the short term.
[right][snapback]99113[/snapback][/right]

That pipe is really tiny to, I could just imagine if we used 2" all the way threw....
yeah mine too is pretty close but yours might be a little closer than ours because of the stock manifold have an angle towards the block..

anywah the stock cat was right there before and enver caused issues, i dont think his turbo will caus any trouble.. you are driving at the same time, fan and air goes on it

it just can't touch it.. could arrange your stock heat shield too and keep that "look" ;)
ZX3T gone..
One GREAT thing is that Nate doesn't have AC therefore 1 less fan..made it MUCH..MUCH easier to fit everything.
Jays2000ZX3,Apr 5 2005, 12:21 PM Wrote:One GREAT thing is that Nate doesn't have AC therefore 1 less fan..made it MUCH..MUCH easier to fit everything.
[right][snapback]99125[/snapback][/right]

Yeah..that gives you allot more room under there...
did you remove your a/c rad ? what'd you do with the fluid and all the lines.. i couldn't even find the end of the hard hose coming out of it
ZX3T gone..
ZX3TUNR,Apr 4 2005, 12:12 AM Wrote:Hey flo what deminsions are is that FMIC.
[right][snapback]98713[/snapback][/right]

22X9X3
BerinG,Apr 5 2005, 12:41 PM Wrote:did you remove your a/c rad ? what'd you do with the fluid and all the lines.. i couldn't even find the end of the hard hose coming out of it
[right][snapback]99127[/snapback][/right]

He didn't have AC in the first place.
oh ok.. yeah that saves a few head aches...

my a/c is gone but the rad is still there with everything, it takes up space
ZX3T gone..
Hey Flo how do you like the Diablo tuning. Thats the Rev chip right?

Also are you going to be doing wideband?
ZX3TUNR,Apr 5 2005, 05:48 PM Wrote:Hey Flo how do you like the Diablo tuning. Thats the Rev chip right?

Also are you going to be doing wideband?
[right][snapback]99196[/snapback][/right]

The tune is good for a mail order thing. Me and Tom still have some things to work out. My main goal right now is to get some sort of logger....Tom wants to see other things before i go on the dyno with the wideband hooked up.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oil Pressure Gauge *pics Updated* girard.k 19 6,589 02-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Last Post: faster_than_u
  Turbo Install Started... hardk0re 68 23,276 04-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Last Post: hardk0re