Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Svt's Hard To Sell?
ZX3TUNR,Mar 30 2005, 01:36 PM Wrote:A custom ZX3 interior > then a stock SVT interior.

SVT = over rated and waste of money if you plan on modifying the car..
[right][snapback]97617[/snapback][/right]

Maybe to you. Not all of us like the spray paint aka cheap look to our cars.

SVT interior, owns the zx3 interior....custom or not.

Have you seen an svt interior? I cant beleive this is coming out of you....lol....I thought you were smarter than that. :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I seen SVT interiors. I would much rather have a RS or ST170 interior but I would never buy a car becuase of what the interior looks like.

The only person who see the inside of my car is me or the girl I have in the backseat.
ZX3TUNR,Mar 30 2005, 01:54 PM Wrote:I seen SVT interiors. I would much rather have a RS or ST170 interior but I would never buy a car becuase of what the interior looks like.

The only person who see the inside of my car is me or the girl I have in the backseat.
[right][snapback]97627[/snapback][/right]

Exatly why you want a nice interior. :iono: Cuz your the one that sees it, not anybody else.

And you dont get girls in your backseat....c'mon now :rolleyes: ....You have to drive the car to park it first. :lol: :P
Flofocus,Mar 30 2005, 01:09 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Mar 30 2005, 01:54 PM Wrote:I seen SVT interiors. I would much rather have a RS or ST170 interior but I would never buy a car becuase of what the interior looks like.

[right][snapback]97627[/snapback][/right]

Exatly why you want a nice interior. :iono: Cuz your the one that sees it, not anybody else.

And you dont get girls in your backseat....c'mon now :rolleyes: ....You have to drive the car to park it first. :lol: :P
[right][snapback]97635[/snapback][/right]

Haha, The SVT seats come stained white from the factory, so theres no need to show anyone the back seat :lol:
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Wanna watch a movie in my car? Works every time..
ZX3TUNR,Mar 30 2005, 05:36 PM Wrote:A custom ZX3 interior > then a stock SVT interior.

you either get it with the svt or you don't. the brakes, gearbox, and accroutaments are what set it apart. anybody can rice out a zx3 but that doesn't make it a small sopihisticated car. like them well enough that i own 2. one road race, one stock. i come from the idea that its better to have a special little toy that was not produced in large numbers. dont take this the wrong way, but at 53 and having been in the car business a long time, i have been exposed to everything from chevettes to countach's. currently own 5 vehicles plus company vehicle. have owned well over 300 cars. doesn't make me an expert, but has given me some insight. and i have yet to see any zx3 that can catch my car on track...turbo tom can in the turbo svt but that's it. and he doesn't lose me by much. that is the kind of tracks that turn left and right.
[quote=garyk,Mar 30 2005, 07:52 PM]
[quote=ZX3TUNR,Mar 30 2005, 05:36 PM]A custom ZX3 interior > then a stock SVT interior.

What do you mean by the svt is over rated?a stock svt can put down from 145whp to 150 whp on a dynojet.Also there are 500 new and redesigned parts in the svt, you don't see much if you just focus only on the interior.I can mention some of the parts:
-faster ecu(black oak).
-oil squirters(to cool the pistons).
-forged steel connecting rods made by manley.
-high flow head.
-tubular exhaust manifold made from stainless steel t304.
-high flow exhaust exhaust system.
-high flow fuel pump.
-30 pounds per hour injectors.
- 4 channel ABS.
-tuned suspension dialed by engineers with 100's of hours in testing to find the right set up for the street and road course.
-Higher compression ratio(pistons) to add more hp.
-dual stage intake manifold(lower rpm longer runners for torque,and shorter runners for high rpm for hp).
-And so on..........
If you do the math these parts alone will cost $$$$ plus labour if done right by a shop.Also in terms of modifying this car any FI will be way better than a zetec engine.I can give you an example:
-zetec engine with a vortech intercooled(custom tuned) will put down around 190 to 200whp at 10psi on a dynojet.
-svt engine with a vortech intercooled(custom tuned) will put down around 270 to 290 whp at 10psi on a dynojet.

Before you start bashing the svt you should know the facts about this car,yes the svt focus didn't fair well in the sales department but its because of north america market(straight line performance,1/4 mile,and so on).When the svt team did a business case for this car they wanted a balanced car(handling,,safety,everyday use)and geared through road racing and the fun factor by just driving it.Ask any svt focus fanatic why they like to drive this car?answer its a blast to drive. B)
You svt guys go have your fun. In the end its the exact same car.
ZX3TUNR,Mar 30 2005, 09:48 PM Wrote:You svt guys go have your fun. In the end its the exact same car.
[right][snapback]97795[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

Your killing me.

Put $10K in performance goodies in an SVT
Put $10K of those exact same performance goodies in the Zetec.

You still got the same car?

Nuff said. :rolleyes:
Who said anything about modifying the SVT. I sure didnt.

You buy a 2001 ZX3 stock for $8000 posted in the news paper today.Drop 10G into that and your car is much better then any stock SVT.

And again you guys were talking about the looks. Where did talk come from about performance. I know what an SVT has for parts and performance and that not we were talking about.

You take a stock ZX3 slap on euro kit and its far greater then any stock SVT.

Thats what I was trying to get across the whole time. Whats the point of buying an svt if you plan on keeping it stock engine wise and ripping off the bumpers and doing a euro kit? You could of bought a ZX3 for much cheaper and add euro bumpers and turbo and its better then a stock svt.

For example. Why would some one waste there money buying an SVT car if they plan on swapping the engine??? You could of just bought a ZX3 and swap the engine.

And I well say again.

Modified ZX3 > SVT

I would much rather take some ones ZX3 like P-51's any day over a stock SVT.
The reason why I decided to buy an svtf over the zx3+mods is that everything is just about done. You can add to the zx3 to match (or exceed) the power and handling but you'll spend some serious time (which I don't have much of) and money. After test driving the svtf the car just seemed perfect to me. The braking suspension and interior was well engineered and put together...I don't think I'd be able to top what the team at svt did on my own. There's more to is than slapping on some springs, larger wheels, rear disc. conversion, engine bolt-ons etc. etc.. It just feels like svt came up with a product where all the additions are cohesive, by that I mean everything feels so well balanced and put together. Jay, I love your car and I'm not saying that all svtf>zx3's. I'm saying that the svtf as a product does have a level of engineering to it that a few 'bolt ons' on a zx3 can't match.
Thats just how I feal thow and that the reason why I didnt get an SVT when I had the chance to trade mine in. At that time I was just after looks and I can easily accomplish that with a ZX3. Now that Im after power the SVT would of been better. The qaulity of parts on the SVT are much better tis the reason why Im swapping out my ZX3 parts for SVT parts.

Its just depends what your goal is and what you want to do with the car and yes at that time I had no plans of going anywhere over the 130hp mark and now looks at me LOL. Im not going to rest till I hit my 220whp. That would be so much easier to acheive in the SVT.

But with the other posts I was basing every thing off of looks.
ZX3TUNR,Mar 31 2005, 02:39 AM Wrote:Thats just how I feal thow and that the reason why I didnt get an SVT when I had the chance to trade mine in. At that time I was just after looks and I can easily accomplish that with a ZX3. Now that Im after power  the SVT would of been better. The qaulity of parts on the SVT are much better tis the reason why Im swapping out my ZX3 parts for SVT parts.

Its just depends what your goal is and what you want to do with the car and yes at that time I had no plans of going anywhere over the 130hp mark and now looks at me LOL. Im not going to rest till I hit my 220whp. That would be so much easier to acheive in the SVT.

But with the other posts I was basing every thing off of looks.
[right][snapback]97814[/snapback][/right]

After your finished with your FI, I'll trade ya cars.... :P
not wanting to start the fire again, but i agree with jay :D
that debate as no bases, you compare used zx3 with half the mods required to match an svt overall. but you talk about the price new of the svt yaddy yadda...

just so you know, my buddy bought a svt for 13k and it sure as hell cant be beated starting with your 8k zx3 even when you add the 5 k of mod, its still gonna be a hacked up job for that money.

the svt is an already complete package that is fun because you can worry about what you want more off, in my case HP, and leave the rest alone because it ALREADY perform 2 time better than any zx3.

I owned both, a very modded zx3 and a svt and modded it too. So I think i have a valide standing ground here. Modding a zx3 to become at a STOCK svt level overall is already a money pit, I'll pass. :rolleyes:
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
try and find a used svt for that much in Regina LOL

we cant even get new svts here :(
I found this little tid bit about Ford SVT. SVT is coming back strong than ever.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102068

I love my SVT Focus and if they do come back like the article states I will buy another.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
If I did it again it would be an SVT but who knows if my next car will even be a focus.

Also first mod well be F/I lol
Like kick the dead hourse and make him fart again!
SVT nice but just how much is it worth? The latest issue of Focus fanatic they're converting thier focus wagon into an SVT front bumper and grills, steering wheel,emergency brake lever... on the cheep! These days you could do the interior in"RS" stuff as well! With out buying them out right!
Jason's point is valid!
Your both right but I like saving money to!
Power or Looks.
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
ZX3TUNR,Mar 30 2005, 12:36 PM Wrote:A custom ZX3 interior > then a stock SVT interior.

somebody really likes to diss the svt :rolleyes:
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is it so hard to sell a car... laidman 26 14,252 09-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Last Post: darkpuppet