Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Door Speakers
ok guys, i just got a new set of hollywood excursion 5X7 speakers, and i'm curious as hell, how to put them in? i haven't really looked at my doors yet to get anything, but i wanted to ask you guys b4 i did ANYTHING so i wouldn't f*ck up! So if anyone has a walktrough or anything, it would be greatly appreciated! thanks guys

-Brian
whoo-hoo..

I just uninstalled my speakers yesterday afternoon...

there are 6 or 7 torx screws along the outter edge of the door panels..(undo them)

then there are 2 bolts behind the door handle...(pop off door handle cover and remove both bolts)

then remove the torx screw behing the tiny little circle inside the door handle ..(where your hand goes)

then pop off the black trim piece at the top (pull it out and then pull towards you along the window..they are held in with 3 clips)

next...grab the door handle and pull up on the door gently and separate it from the lip its in along the length of the window...

if you got power mirror/window etc...be cautious of the wires...

to make it easy pull the black door handle out and let it slip back out of the door trim..

the door can then be manouvered to rest upside while you muck with the speaker..

the speaker is held in by 4 bolts....remove them, remove stock speakers...

attatch new speakers, bolt 4 bolts back in place///

reverse everything i just said about the door removal and you should be good to go..

REpeat process as necessary per. amount of doors

How was that
'??
if your going with 5x7's you will have no problem putting them in. not sure about the wiring, but there are some how-to's that you can download in the Focus Talk section.

are you running these off of deck power? Factory or Aftermarket?
'03 Focus SVT
The 5x7" speakers are direct drop-in...I didnt even need a mounting piece or spacer, just 4 bolts....

as for hooking em up....positive to positive negative to negative....and thats about it...

HELLA EASY
right now i just have the two in, and they'll be run off stock headunit power, but by this summer, i should have all 4 of them in, with a 1000w amp powering them all. I only have two right now with no amp becuase they came as a surprise order to me through mine/my friends audio business. So i figured i'd throw them in for now, break them in till summer. Thanks for the walk through paul, greatly appreciated. I'll let you guys know how it goes when i'm finished putting them in
cool man..no worries..

if you need more help ..ask..while its fresh in my mind
yea, here's a pic of my speakers, tell me what you all think

[Image: IMG_0345.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0346.jpg]

they are rated at 195w peek @ 4ohms..any objections to these?
I guess its the kinda thing where, they are 5x7" speakers. Nothing extraordinary about them. My are Alpines, and they look small and grey.

Good score though!! It's just hard for me to get pumped about 5x7" but, wiked man,,,what else you got planned..

by the way ..you should see the size of this mounting plate i need for my 2005...
its HUGE
lol...yea, right now, i just have the two of those :( , but i should be getting in another set by may, along with a 6 1/2" component set, which i will be custom making to sit in the rear area, just behind the back seat. I'm doing a little bit of "custom fitting" for those, i hope you know where i'm talking about, my speakers are all gonna be running from a D-class 1000w amp, then i'm getting 2 10" Edge subs from hollywood digital, each having a 1400w peak with a 140oz mag. They will be powered by a 2400w D-class amp also. They are going to be put into a custom made plexiglass box. Do you think i'm a little crazy? or no?

:D
Couple things.. .move the components up front. and D-class amps are only meant for bass... (usually monoblocks. high efficency. but the power isnt as clean)
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Yeh man, I agree put the components in the front and mount your tweeters and ear level....or bottom of front pillar!

Steves right D-class is only for sub....
microbunny,Mar 17 2005, 12:59 PM Wrote:I guess its the kinda thing where, they are 5x7" speakers. Nothing extraordinary about them. My are Alpines, and they look small and gay.

Good score though!! I'm just so hard and get pumped about 5x7" but, wiked man,,,what else you got big boy..

by the way ..you should see the size of my unit...
its HUGE
[right][snapback]94184[/snapback][/right]

Having a little fun with Mirco
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Mar 17 2005, 03:23 PM Wrote:
microbunny,Mar 17 2005, 12:59 PM Wrote:I guess its the kinda thing where, they are 5x7" speakers. Nothing extraordinary about them. My are Alpines, and they look small and gay.

Good score though!! I'm just so hard and get pumped about 5x7" but, wiked man,,,what else you got big boy..

by the way ..you should see the size of my unit...
its HUGE
[right][snapback]94184[/snapback][/right]

Having a little fun with Mirco
[right][snapback]94302[/snapback][/right]

Who is this Mirco person you and DD1 keep making fun of?? He sounds like a real jerkass
oppz! yea, my bad steve, sorry bout that..but where would i mount them in the front?? i can't figure that one out, and yea, the tweets would obviously be in the front at ear level
you can put the tweeters in the a pillars or behind the speaker grille.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
yea, i know that much, but i'd rather them at ear level, i just need to find a place to mount/mold them in :huh:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Door Speakers Tiketz 23 5,234 12-31-2005, 06:51 AM
Last Post: ANTHONYD