Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Someone Explain The Point Of This For Me?
dad,Mar 20 2005, 02:08 AM Wrote:It may be hard for some of you to beleive but I can feel a drop in pressure.....prolly a sign that I drive that stupid little car to hard.....but I can tell...something you learn real quick once you have raced .....anything

edit.....it was the left front
[right][snapback]94910[/snapback][/right]

I'm the same way ..................................about leaves.

Wet ones especially.

Guys who come from motorcycles to cars have such a heightened awareness like you speak of which includes tire pressure (again, when you have only two to start with ;) ) but my consideration of surface conditions is absolutely crazy and includes.

Things like:

-road temp vs air temp
-clouds/shadow
-hours of sun light
-debris
-line depending on time of year
-concrete vs asphalt
-lane position
-streetcar tracks
-manhole covers/grates
- it just goes on and on..........

EDIT: FYI the front tire of my bike is 3.75" wide.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I almost dumped my friends dad's big ass mint condition 1975 goldwing on wet leaves.

Scarry.
2001 ZTS,Mar 19 2005, 08:56 PM Wrote:
dad,Mar 20 2005, 01:41 AM Wrote:......... Only real thing that matters with tire stretching as it relates to modern day cars and equipment is that it is simply not nesessary....I can get better results by adjusting a sway bar or dialing in a set of coilovers....options that were only available to a very select few when stetching was used as a "tool"...
  [right][snapback]94901[/snapback][/right]

What bugs me is 99.9999999999999% of people who would: do it, consider it or mearly think it is "cool" would get much better performance out of any wheel/tire combo, including stock by merely checking their tire pressure more frequently.

Everyone here ask yourselve's when you last checked your tire pressure, fluids?

I'm anal about it and no word of a lie: I "circle check" everytime I plan on going near a car.
[right][snapback]94906[/snapback][/right]

You've got a valid point man. Generally, all spring/summer/fall I use my handy-dandy digital pressure gauge to check my tires once every week or two. As for fluids, I'm negligent except for washer fluid. If a car with 76K on it is eating coolant or oil, or leaking either... it's going in the shop. There's no need for that level of BS.

I wonder if we shouldn't write up a circle check for our new-to-all-cars members?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
bodykits are cool..

tire stretch is cool..

windshield washer leds are cool..

10 feet high wings are cool..

anything can be cool if you ask the right person.. saying people are ghey caus of that, well that just proves its not worth arguing with you.. alot of people need to agree to disagree on taste.. taste is an opinion, you can't argu opinions..

open your mind a little .. fine you dont like it.. but people aren't gay caus they have different taste than you.

thread is now useless :P
ZX3T gone..
BerinG,Mar 21 2005, 07:04 AM Wrote:thread is now useless :P
[right][snapback]95283[/snapback][/right]

this thread was useless a long time ago! ;)
BerinG,Mar 21 2005, 03:04 PM Wrote:.. taste is an opinion, you can't argu opinions..
But you cannot deny performance.

If people want to compromize overall performance for looks they are welcome to do so. The fact is 99% of the time, and for 99% of drivers here I (we) could out accelerate, out stop, out corner, out Fu ck the guy in original picture on any road and any weather he picked.

I've even said I'll take them on with my wifes stupid auto-magic.

To degrade one's car so is ghey. If it means more points at a "show" why not buy an oil painting? You'd make more money.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Mar 21 2005, 10:54 PM Wrote:
BerinG,Mar 21 2005, 03:04 PM Wrote:.. taste is an opinion, you can't argu opinions..

If people want to compromize overall performance for looks they are welcome to do so. The fact is 99% of the time, and for 99% of drivers here I (we) could out accelerate, out stop, out corner, out Fu ck the guy in original picture on any road and any weather he picked.

To degrade one's car so is ghey. If it means more points at a "show" why not buy an oil painting? You'd make more money.
[right][snapback]95539[/snapback][/right]

exactly how I feel...if "rice" generally refers to cars with non-performance enhancing parts that imply enhanced performance, then WTF is adding something that potentially (or actually) *compromises* performance?

i.e. many (like me) would consider that even worse that what people consider rice...if it's on the road, that is. While I don't care for the show scene *at all*, on a show car, whatever, it's fine...driviability isn't a primary concern there.

I'm guessing an insurance company would attempt to deny a claim if a tire failed (for whatever that's worth when considering a mod).
Car-less for the first time in years...
'01 Twilight Blue ZTS is gone...
'90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 15psi, 3" cat-back w/Turbo muffler, blah blah....is now gone too Sad
2001 ZTS,Mar 21 2005, 10:54 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]95539[/snapback][/right]

well ok, maybe I agree.. but most people dont even buy decent tires.. alot of people dont care.. same for a big stupid spoiler.. it won't help.. it'll actually slow you down on a FWD car.. buuut.. some people like them and if they dont care for performance than thats fine...its a show thing..

anyway I agree that you could drive better even with automatic.. just not better than me.. just caus I'm a better driver, but thats another topic :lol:
ZX3T gone..