Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fender Roll? Im Rubbing 225/45/17 On 7.5 Rims
ok,

another question, should I removed my fender wells? it seem that they are the one rubbing, the one clip at the top rubs, its what is rubbing the most.

Would it splatter s**t all over if I remove them?

I realy dont care much about folding the lip of the fenders, I need them to flare out at least 1/4 of an inch, is it possible?
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
to flare the fenders that much and do it properly you would need a roller, heat gun, a heavy brick of rubber(size of a standard masonry brick) with rounded edges and a lot of time in fiddling.
you'd need to heat up the inner lip and the outside of and above the lip with the heat gun to too hot to touch with your bare hand. wrap the rubber brick in a thin linen towel, and place the brick on the outside of the fender. using the roller to press the fender lip in, keep pressing out untill you get the required clearence. the rubber brick should always be centered over the roller wheel on the outside of the fender to keep the fender from "bowing" or "rippling." steady firm pressure slightly less than what the roller is applying to the fender should be applied to the brick. use the round edge of the brick to further clearence the lip out by using the round edges as a fulcrum(sp) and use the roller to press more up than out. this will give you the "flared lip" look. just be carefull as this can also destroy your paint or the fender if not done propperly.

always be sure to make small adjustments and alsways keep the fender hot! if the fender cools to much, the paint will crack.

also note: if the rubbing has been going on long enough it may have already weakend the paint to the point where any pressure, even when heated will crack the paint.... just FYI.
Heres the Link to the roller that belacyrf was selling on FJ .. dunno if he still has it as it was about 2 months ago, but its worth a shot
Below Average Car Club
Mitch, I wish you'd live closer man, you would inherit of the job :P

it realy doesnt rub much, I would say, once a day and very lightly, but I wanna mostly to get rid of the "wheel wider than car" look.... :lol:
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
Does any of this help:

http://www.fourstarmotorsports.com/Catal...cus_33.htm
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
lol, yeah right, im gonna drop 3 k for a wide body. thanks for pointing it out, but no. :P

im sold on getting rolled.
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
french_connection,Mar 12 2005, 01:24 AM Wrote:lol, yeah right, im gonna drop 3 k for a wide body.  thanks for pointing it out, but no.  :P

im sold on getting rolled.
[right][snapback]92974[/snapback][/right]

What's the offset of your rims?
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
I have no idea, sorry, maybe pat can tell us if he come across this.

all I know is that there isnt a stock offset on em, they sit wider than stock.
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
french_connection,Mar 12 2005, 01:42 AM Wrote:I have no idea, sorry, maybe pat can tell us if he come across this.

all I know is that there isnt a stock offset on em, they sit wider than stock.
[right][snapback]92976[/snapback][/right]

remove the wheel and o.t. number should be stamp right on the back of the spokes. I think the lowest you can go with the focus is +52. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
I have the same problem with my summer tires, they're not as big as yours but they rub on occasion and I don't like it at all. I called around too a whole bunch of places in Kitchener-Waterloo last summer and couldn't find anyone who rolled fenders. So if you find someone local frenchie let me know. I want to have this done asap. Thanks man.
2000 ZX3 - H&R Sport Springs, Fast Wheels, Kumho Tires, MOMO Shift Knob and Boot, Shortened Shifter, K&N Cone Filter
I found a place here in london that will do it for 300$ cash. They are doing custom and hotrods.

they will roll the lip, then they will widen the arch on the fender by pulling them out.

Im going to see the guy tomorrow to set an appointment.

I'll refer the place once mine is done.
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
they did DADS and his looks good so I would believe that you will have no problems
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
dont worry don, not that I doubt of the quality, I just dont want him to be busy with anything else so he can do mine quickly... :lol:
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
were did you end up going.....
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fender roll patrick23 4 3,135 09-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NikiterZTS