Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halo Lights
so i was thinking about buying a pair of halo lights but i have herd that once thay burn out you cant replace them and same with the blue led so i was just wondering whats up with them.....

thanks.

What are Halo lights?

Some sort of hella knock off? If so, save up for the real thing. You wont be disappointed.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33710

was just wondeing if thay are good or not
Those ones that have 'KS' in raised lettering at the bottom of the headlight housing are good so I've heard. I dunno, depends all on the look that you want. The chrome ones are nasty IMO.
I have those. I had a halo burn out on me and had it replaced. I took it to a BMW dealership and they done it. They replace them on their cars so I figured they could do it with mine so I took it in. Works great now
ca_focus,Mar 3 2005, 10:00 PM Wrote:I have those. I had a halo burn out on me and had it replaced. I took it to a BMW dealership and they done it. They replace them on their cars so I figured they could do it with mine so I took it in. Works great now
[right][snapback]91041[/snapback][/right]

did it cost alot ??? to replace it..
ThraxXx has a set, he seems to like them. They're only about a month old so far, so I don't think he can give you a longevity report on them. I do know he bought them off eBay, so they might be the same as yours.

I'll get him to check this thread.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
to replace my halo led it cost me $110 at a BMW dealership. I think that is fairly good.
I was going to get them once.with other seller...but he run out of them...I really like them...
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
I got those bad boys on my 4 door sedan. I love them. They are bright, the halo's turn heads and well...they came with a cover so the projectors are protected from rocks and such that will come flying at your car. The only way you will burn out the halo is if you have a surging powersystem that is constantly dropping below 12V and then spiking back up above the 12V line. LED's will only burnout if they recieve over-current for over 3 seconds. The halos they use in these are real cheap I must say...its basically a plastic rod that was heated, wraped around a jar and then they used a dremel and put knotches in it. After that they drilled and wedged 2 LED's in it one on each side and ran them with a resistor so lower the voltage from 12V to 5V.

I built my own halos before just for fun...found a website to teach you how to do it and its actually pretty easy.

anywho, as for the headlights, I say they are great. The only downside I have is the bulbs they come with are bloody cheap. I blew one highbeam and a lowbeam within the first month of having them on. I recently replaced them with Silverstars and haven't had a problem yet. These things use H1 for highbeam and H3 for lowbeam.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
thanks guy i think i will get them but wich ones to go with the black and paint them white or the chrome im not to shure...il figure it out...werd :D