Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly As Hell Svt
Jays2000ZX3,Feb 18 2005, 04:44 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Feb 18 2005, 04:39 PM Wrote:i thought this post was about an ugly ass riced out svt?

edit: i think s2 has a point though, it makes sense!
[right][snapback]87445[/snapback][/right]

OMG, what has this site come to? :o :unsure: :o :blink:

It doesn't make sense.

Why would it be different for a single exhaust car and a dual exhaust car? Explain this to me please...

Wow..this site is dodgy.
[right][snapback]87448[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
I already mentioned it's because the gas tank is more to the side that the filler neck is so that the filler neck is shorter, because of this, the exhaust piping under the car is routed to the opposite side of the gas tank and as such the filler neck meaning that it goes over the rear suspension on that side and why not just go straight out rather then making a turn and exiting to the other side needing more piping etc.
Jays2000ZX3,Feb 18 2005, 04:51 PM Wrote:I already mentioned it's because the gas tank is more to the side that the filler neck is so that the filler neck is shorter, because of this, the exhaust piping under the car is routed to the opposite side of the gas tank and as such the filler neck meaning that it goes over the rear suspension on that side and why not just go straight out rather then making a turn and exiting to the other side needing more piping etc.
[right][snapback]87451[/snapback][/right]

What a great point
I already know the true answer to this, but it's funny to keep arguing.. :) I'll let you in on the secret later! :)
Jays2000ZX3,Feb 18 2005, 04:59 PM Wrote:I already know the true answer to this, but it's funny to keep arguing.. :) I'll let you in on the secret later! :)
[right][snapback]87454[/snapback][/right]

Why don't you tell us now?
The basic design criteria formulated to minimize tank explosions:

Keep the system design as simple as possible to reduce the number of components which may be damaged.
Locate the system components in those areas least vulnerable to impact damage.
Increase the resistance of the components to direct impact damage
Separate the fuel system from the fire ignition sources (electrical and exhaust as much as possible to reduce ignition possibilities in case of system damage.

Direct quote off this page.....

http://consumerlawpage.com/article/gm-ex...tank.shtml
lol

The issue is not the muffler, it's what I mentioned about the gas tank and fuel filler neck being on the same side, there is really no room to route the exhaust that way and "maybe" for safety reasons but they route the exhaust on the opposite side of the filler neck because there is more room.

Where the muffler ends up doesn't matter but most of the time to save money/make it easier they just exit the exhaust straight out the back essentially resulting in the muffler being on the opposite side as the filler door.

But it's not going to blow up the car.

You can't tell with that SVT, but if he took the stock piping where it goes straight before that bend and went UNDER the suspension then a bend to the passenger side with a muffler there, it's at no risk of anything at all.

I just think it's funny that it came up as a possible hazard/fire etc. LOL :lol:
S2,Feb 18 2005, 05:03 PM Wrote:The basic design criteria formulated to minimize tank explosions:

Keep the system design as simple as possible to reduce the number of components which may be damaged.
Locate the system components in those areas least vulnerable to impact damage.
Increase the resistance of the components to direct impact damage
Separate the fuel system from the fire ignition sources (electrical and exhaust as much as possible to reduce ignition possibilities in case of system damage.

Direct quote off this page.....

http://consumerlawpage.com/article/gm-ex...tank.shtml
[right][snapback]87457[/snapback][/right]

Sure, but that has nothing to do with where that muffler is on the SVT.
Jay, its really comforting to know that you know everything and anything about exhaust routes, so anytime a thread like this gets misdirected you can always set us straight...

THANKS BUDDY!!
microbunny,Feb 18 2005, 04:12 PM Wrote:Jay, its really comforting to know that you know everything and anything about exhaust routes, so anytime a thread like this gets misdirected you can always set us straight...

THANKS BUDDY!!
[right][snapback]87460[/snapback][/right]

Yeah exactly..... last I remember a muffler was part of an exhaust system. Must be different where you live. :rolleyes:
The main problem is to not have the pipes near the filler neck, anything after the suspension that's part of the exhaust can go wherever because it's not even close to those components.

I bet the routing of the power wires for the stereo in that car are more of a risk then that exhaust.
Jay is the expert on cars catching fire after all.... :P

In all honestly, I don't think that the exhaust is going to cause a problem. It just seems silly that its done like this. But I think it was done on purpose to be "different".
The car is more than salvageable.

Remeber he BOUGHT it like that and for 10k.

the body kit is semi-ok (I know I Know, even *I* have it and I don't care for it anymore)

1) remove/change the exhaust
2) peel the stickers off (sides, front, rear)
3) remove front fogs
4) paint projectors/tails

I think it could look pretty decent.
Run your car, not your mouth
Nice stereo install
ZX3TUNR,Feb 19 2005, 12:21 AM Wrote:Nice stereo install
[right][snapback]87493[/snapback][/right]

I think the material he used sucks ass. He should of used something different. that looks like cheap felt.

I would have rather seen, stock style carpet.
Run your car, not your mouth
ZOOM,Feb 18 2005, 07:41 PM Wrote:
ZX3TUNR,Feb 19 2005, 12:21 AM Wrote:Nice stereo install
[right][snapback]87493[/snapback][/right]

I think the material he used sucks ass. He should of used something different. that looks like cheap felt.

I would have rather seen, stock style carpet.
[right][snapback]87497[/snapback][/right]
i agree looks really cheap
nice set up though
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
I can't figure out was crappier, the car or reading this thread.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Feb 18 2005, 08:45 PM Wrote:I can't figure out was crappier, the car or reading this thread.
[right][snapback]87510[/snapback][/right]

Man, we both know the answer to that!!!
Not what I have planned for my SVT.

:wtf:

david
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
I've seen worse. :(