Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeda.ca/sct Tuning Day!
meister@steeda.ca,Feb 10 2005, 02:13 AM Wrote:For those who can't afford the 500 plus hardware or can't make it out...we are certified and trained by sct....we tune every day of the week, off site and on site.

We have tuned focuses, canada's fastest mustangs, trucks, diesels, etc.
[right][snapback]84867[/snapback][/right]

I wouldn't mind seeing these focuses you've tuned run on the dyno and take them on a test drive for a 'driveability' test -- put a tank of 91 in and see how it does around the streets of T.O.

the problem is that I've already wasted about as much time and money as I'm willing to waste with expert tuners... the process is long and slow, and something I can do with my datalogger and experimentation.. which is pretty much what you'd be paying $500 for with the pro-tuner.

The problem with the SCT software, is that you don't have to be trained to figure it out... a bit of reading comprehension and common sense go a long way.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Steve, I know the boy is bound and determined to bring the car for Steeda for tuning, so when he decides to go, I'll let you know and we can both see for ourselves. Everyone else is certainly welcome.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
darkpuppet,Feb 9 2005, 09:24 PM Wrote:I personally would love a dyno tune, since I don't have that much experience and wouldn't mind letting a pro take a look at it.

I need a resume, portfolio, and references of any tuner before I can even consider it.  Prove a tuner's ability to tune an FI'd focus repeatedly and reliably, and I'll show you $500 and one extremely grateful owner.
[right][snapback]84820[/snapback][/right]

Ill take the 500.00, I can send you my resume and portfolio L O L

Tom
1turbofocus,Feb 11 2005, 01:59 AM Wrote:Ill take the 500.00, I can send you my resume and portfolio  L O L

Tom
[right][snapback]85185[/snapback][/right]

haha... can you bring your dyno when you come to visit too?
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

hardk0re,Feb 8 2005, 04:23 AM Wrote:
schade,Feb 8 2005, 04:08 AM Wrote:hardk0re .. trailor queen for a day . that'll fix it
[right][snapback]84258[/snapback][/right]

I wonder how much it is to find someone to cart it up there...It sure would make life easy.......
[right][snapback]84262[/snapback][/right]

get CAA. then call in, tell them your car wont start, and you want it brought to steeda so they can fix it.

there is a package with up to 4 long distance tows, this can be quite handy in the future, and the initial fee will pay for itself in your first tow. Just make sure you buy it in advance, I think you have to have the membership for 24 hours before you can call for your first tow.
SVT Motor Swap into 2000 zx3 with 5spd.
14.9 @ 93MPH
"I am going to run 5's .... I am planning on installing a rocket engine!"
darkpuppet,Feb 11 2005, 12:45 AM Wrote:
meister@steeda.ca,Feb 10 2005, 02:13 AM Wrote:For those who can't afford the 500 plus hardware or can't make it out...we are certified and trained by sct....we tune every day of the week, off site and on site.

We have tuned focuses, canada's fastest mustangs, trucks, diesels, etc.
[right][snapback]84867[/snapback][/right]

I wouldn't mind seeing these focuses you've tuned run on the dyno and take them on a test drive for a 'driveability' test -- put a tank of 91 in and see how it does around the streets of T.O.

the problem is that I've already wasted about as much time and money as I'm willing to waste with expert tuners... the process is long and slow, and something I can do with my datalogger and experimentation.. which is pretty much what you'd be paying $500 for with the pro-tuner.

The problem with the SCT software, is that you don't have to be trained to figure it out... a bit of reading comprehension and common sense go a long way.
[right][snapback]85149[/snapback][/right]

whats up with your car? are you going to make it to the track at all this year?

what problems are you having?
SVT Motor Swap into 2000 zx3 with 5spd.
14.9 @ 93MPH
"I am going to run 5's .... I am planning on installing a rocket engine!"