Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeda.ca/sct Tuning Day!
OK, no SCT sale then! Thanks!
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
So for 430 I get a multi program chip + tune by the pro? Will he do all the programs on the chip?
Run your car, not your mouth
ZOOM,Feb 8 2005, 04:37 PM Wrote:So for 430 I get a multi program chip + tune by the pro? Will he do all the programs on the chip?
[right][snapback]84488[/snapback][/right]

That's 430 + 500, Tony. In other words, unless you're supremely tuned and loaded for cash... you = owned. I won't bother with a chip for some time then.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
If you want an Xcalibarator, pay 430 and we will program it with 4 programs of your choice.

If you want a custom dyno tune by us, it is $150/hr....keep in mind these suckers take forever to flash.

These are options if you do not want to pay the 430-400 for the flasher PLUS the 500 for the tune by Don Lasota.
Black 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Tuned by Paul Meister @ Steeda.ca
http://www.steeda.ca
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, great thanks for the explanation. I think he is going to need tuning before that date, if I kick his butt enough, so i think we are going to pass on the expert and just have you do the tuning.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Feb 8 2005, 10:19 PM Wrote:Ok, great thanks for the explanation.  I think he is going to need tuning before that date, if I kick his butt enough, so i think we are going to pass on the expert and just have you do the tuning.
[right][snapback]84503[/snapback][/right]
I consider myself somewhat of an expert :ph34r: but Don Lasota and the SCT gang are in a league of their own
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
uh... so a 1000 bucks? woah...
Run your car, not your mouth
tuning is not cheap.
ZOOM,Feb 9 2005, 01:47 AM Wrote:uh... so a 1000 bucks? woah...
[right][snapback]84547[/snapback][/right]

Even if it was only 430 its not worth it on a basically stock automatic.

Save your money for better things.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
If you do not have an agressive N/A setup or power adder, a mail order tune is what you need..not this
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
$500 for tuning alone? i think that's too much IMO ;)
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
I personally would love a dyno tune, since I don't have that much experience and wouldn't mind letting a pro take a look at it.

But here's the problem.

I've already spent far too much money buying the things pro's suggest,
I've spent far too much time trying the pro's way of doing things
I've spent even more money on the tools the pros suggest
I've spent even more time AND money letting the pro's take a look at it.

What guarantee is there that this is the last time I will be dishing out money for a 'pro'??

I haven't been in the position, and am definitely NOT in the position to keep throwing money at snake oil venders.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but the 'pro tuner' scene has left me severely wanting.

I need a resume, portfolio, and references of any tuner before I can even consider it. Prove a tuner's ability to tune an FI'd focus repeatedly and reliably, and I'll show you $500 and one extremely grateful owner.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Feb 9 2005, 05:24 PM Wrote:I personally would love a dyno tune, since I don't have that much experience and wouldn't mind letting a pro take a look at it.

But here's the problem.

I've already spent far too much money buying the things pro's suggest,
I've spent far too much time trying the pro's way of doing things
I've spent even more money on the tools the pros suggest
I've spent even more time AND money letting the pro's take a look at it.

What guarantee is there that this is the last time I will be dishing out money for a 'pro'??

I haven't been in the position, and am definitely NOT in the position to keep throwing money at snake oil venders. 

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but the 'pro tuner' scene has left me severely wanting.

I need a resume, portfolio, and references of any tuner before I can even consider it.  Prove a tuner's ability to tune an FI'd focus repeatedly and reliably, and I'll show you $500 and one extremely grateful owner.
[right][snapback]84820[/snapback][/right]

This is seriously too bad.

Steve's case is probably like a lot of passionate tuners out there. They want the "zing" but can't get the "right people to help"

I'm sure these "pros" are like any other professional who is slutted out for "freelance" on-the-side work.
What does "Slick Willy" Clinton get for a speech these days?

Beware.

References are certainly a good start.
$500 to have someone with a lot of experience tune your car..is a GREAT price.

although I don't see the reason you would do that on a Zetec or SPI auto with I/E. :o

For guys with turbo etc. this is great.

That why most of the cars out there on the street are running like poo is because they are not tuned.

the cars that run well have COUNTLESS HOURS of tuning, and if you're paying someone..that means A LOT of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. But it's worth it in the end.
For those who can't afford the 500 plus hardware or can't make it out...we are certified and trained by sct....we tune every day of the week, off site and on site.

We have tuned focuses, canada's fastest mustangs, trucks, diesels, etc.
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Why 500 plus a flasher??? When anybody else has a tuning day they pay for the tune and that's it... You don't have to buy a flasher to get a custom tune...
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
That's why I'm going either multi-tune or flasher with pre-programmed tunes for different days / octanes.

Oh, and if you want, you can just install a turbo on the car and not hook up the piping (Just make sure the MAF is not still before the turbo) Just leave the turbo there with the lower IC piping, leave the upper IC pipe out and hook up a stock intake with MAF to drive over there. You get there, take stock intake out put on upper IC pipe, put MAF before turbo boom, you're done.
bluetoy,Feb 10 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:Why 500 plus a flasher??? When anybody else has a tuning day they pay for the tune and that's it... You don't have to buy a flasher to get a custom tune...
[right][snapback]84916[/snapback][/right]
If people in the US, etc having tuning days with Chris Johnson or Jerry W you can pay 400+ US and they will flash your computer directly and you recieve no hardware and can never go back to the original program unless you get in contact with them. ONLY Jerry and Chris have the ability to do this...there is no one else around who can, so they can get away with it.

Regular tuning day's we charge 1 flat fee for the hardware/tune but this day is different becuase you are paying a prem. to have Don Lasota tune your vehicle.
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
meister@steeda.ca,Feb 10 2005, 07:21 PM Wrote:
bluetoy,Feb 10 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:Why 500 plus a flasher??? When anybody else has a tuning day they pay for the tune and that's it... You don't have to buy a flasher to get a custom tune...
[right][snapback]84916[/snapback][/right]
If people in the US, etc having tuning days with Chris Johnson or Jerry W you can pay 400+ US and they will flash your computer directly and you recieve no hardware and can never go back to the original program unless you get in contact with them. ONLY Jerry and Chris have the ability to do this...there is no one else around who can, so they can get away with it.

Regular tuning day's we charge 1 flat fee for the hardware/tune but this day is different becuase you are paying a prem. to have Don Lasota tune your vehicle.
[right][snapback]85109[/snapback][/right]

Why would you want to go back to stock? If you were selling the car and removing mods you could get it reflashed at the dealer for under 200. You could also buy a flasher at the time you wanted to return to stock with a standard SCT program... So you are just trying to sell hardware.... Has nothing to do with the tuning guy... Just a cash grab for you..

For $1000 bux it better blow me as well as have 300 whp...
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word