Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camping Is A Go!: Make A Reservation
2001 ZTS,Feb 10 2005, 08:23 AM Wrote:You had to go mention bears............now natasha is scared again! :lol:

It will probably be too cold to swim first week of June or too cold for me anyway.

They sell fire wood near the gate and they frown on cutting trees, even fallen ones. You don't need to hang your food since there are cars to put it in and radio isn't needed as cars have radios too, or at least mine does.

The bigger the cooler the better! In fact I'l be bringing two, one for food and one for beerverages.

I'm going to probably pass on bikes since my kid is just getting started. There is a dedicated MB trail if I remeber right.

The new museum is VERY GOOD and worth seeing. I also plan to take a short hike or two on one of the many trails, the distance we can go is limited by my kid maybe one or two km. He's too small to walk too long and too big to carry now. There are trails of everylength and ability.
[right][snapback]84925[/snapback][/right]

Hahaha damn, right on all counts. Remember, I'm a guy that camps in the interior... If it doesn't take 1/2 an hour + by Canoe to get there, it's no fun :P There they give you guidelines on what trees to cut, and do not discourage you in any way from doing so. Same holds true for me and the radio, tho my car doesn't have shortwave whereas my rechargable does. Plus, it's nice listening to a quiet radio show on the CBC before you fall asleep.

The Mountain Bike trail is still there as of last year when I went up. I'm considering buying a bike rack for the back of the focus..
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Andrew; have you considered renting a Sprinter to get the family and gear up? Get a real world test drive.
darkpuppet,Feb 11 2005, 01:27 AM Wrote:
j3rt,Feb 10 2005, 11:51 PM Wrote:Steve, you be pm'd.
[right][snapback]85114[/snapback][/right]

pm'd back.. welcome to Camp Darkpuppet™!
[right][snapback]85173[/snapback][/right]

brrrr, the thought gives me the chills. As long as you don't turn it into Camp Fleshpuppet™!
Actually what you do in your own tent is your own business.
j3rt,Feb 11 2005, 11:28 PM Wrote:brrrr, the thought gives me the chills.  As long as you don't turn it into Camp Fleshpuppet™!
Actually what you do in your own tent is your own business.
[right][snapback]85464[/snapback][/right]

campers accosted by one eyed monster

The rules of Camp Darkpuppet™:
1 ) you don't talk about Camp Darkpuppet™
2 ) you don't talk about Camp Darkpuppet™
3 ) what happens at Camp Darkpuppet™ stays at Camp Darkpuppet™
4 ) if you don't need the money, don't pick up the quarter.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I'm booked at site 206. Arriving Friday, leaving Sunday. Just need to confirm that I have that the time off now.
Natasha
natasha,Feb 12 2005, 09:41 PM Wrote:I'm booked at site 206. Arriving Friday, leaving Sunday. Just need to confirm that I have that the time off now.
[right][snapback]85580[/snapback][/right]

Good to hear, I added you to the list of confirmed people in the first post.

Are you bringing anyone with you?

In case anyone else is sitting on the fence or the remaining adjacent sites get booked are you willing to share your site with another tent/share costs?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Good to hear, I added you to the list of confirmed people in the first post.

Are you bringing anyone with you? So far no

In case anyone else is sitting on the fence or the remaining adjacent sites get booked are you willing to share your site with another tent/share costs?
yes
Natasha
I'm 90% sure I'll be there.

Just making sure I can swing it.

Let me know if I can crash on someone's site.
ANTHONYD,Feb 14 2005, 03:08 PM Wrote:I'm 90% sure I'll be there.

Just making sure I can swing it.

Let me know if I can crash on someone's site.
[right][snapback]85854[/snapback][/right]

welcome to Camp Darkpuppet™.

and the price keeps falling

you can share a tent, but if I find a lady, or injured racoon, I'll hang my briefs outside the tent vestibule.

new rule for Camp Darkpuppet™
- no flash photography allowed on premise :ph34r: :ph34r:

Just to add, I think I heard someone say they needed a bike rack. I have a very expensive bike rack that I used on my Thunderbird. It clipped to the trunk on the car and sat right on the trunk and the rear fascia of the car. I know it would work on a sedan, and probably on a hatch as well. If anyone wants to see it I'll bring it to the G2G on March 4th and someone can take it off my hands cheap.

It can hold 3 bikes.

It was the nicest rack I owned til I met the wife
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
It's official!

I'm in.

I'll be arriving Friday with DarkPuppet and several coolers.

I'll bring the steaks. :P

I HAVE THE FOLLOWING:

-TARPS
-TENT (JUST ME NOT ROOMIES)
-STOVE
-PROPANE LAMPS
-FULL KITCHEN WARE
-POTS PANS ETC.
-ROPES
-COOLERS

I have no problem sharing my supplies with people.
1 supercharged focus
1 can of naptha
2 coolers full of beer
1 radio free campsite

am I the only one that's worried about how badly this is going to turn out? :P

darkpuppet,Feb 16 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:1 supercharged focus
1 can of naptha
2 coolers full of beer
1 radio free campsite

am I the only one that's worried about how badly this is going to turn out?  :P
[right][snapback]86802[/snapback][/right]

This will for sure get ugly.

Anyone like cigars? B)

Puppet...

you bringing the R/C cars?
not sure I'll bring the R/C cars... that's a LOT of noise to bring into a RF campground.

and a lot of extra equipment too. Might keep it simple, bring the cooler, tent/cooking stuff and bike.

[edit]I've never been to Algonquin.. how's the drive/directions to get there?[/edit]

darkpuppet,Feb 16 2005, 12:10 PM Wrote:not sure I'll bring the R/C cars... that's a LOT of noise to bring into a RF campground.

and a lot of extra equipment too.  Might keep it simple, bring the cooler, tent/cooking stuff and bike.

[edit]I've never been to Algonquin.. how's the drive/directions to get there?[/edit]
[right][snapback]86828[/snapback][/right]

Piece of cake.

401 TO 400
400 TO 60...

60 GOES RIGHT INTO THE PARK.

From there we'll be stopping at the info centre for the rest of the directions.
I'm an avid fisherman....

Anyone out there care to join me?
Hmmm, how close by is this motel. im not much of a camper :(
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Feb 16 2005, 05:33 PM Wrote:Hmmm, how close by is this motel. im not much of a camper  :(
[right][snapback]86873[/snapback][/right]

can someone get scoobasteve some Miracle Cahone Grow™?

[best doctor Cox impersonation I can muster]

sorry Nancy, you may have to leave the lace at home and camp like a little boy for once.

No worries tho, I'm sure someone will hear your sobs and untangle your panty hose from the sleeping bag zipper in the morning.

[/best doctor Cox impersonation I can muster]

:P :P

darkpuppet,Feb 16 2005, 01:54 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,Feb 16 2005, 05:33 PM Wrote:Hmmm, how close by is this motel. im not much of a camper  :(
[right][snapback]86873[/snapback][/right]

can someone get scoobasteve some Miracle Cahone Grow™?

[best doctor Cox impersonation I can muster]

sorry Nancy, you may have to leave the lace at home and camp like a little boy for once.

No worries tho, I'm sure someone will hear your sobs and untangle your panty hose from the sleeping bag zipper in the morning.

[/best doctor Cox impersonation I can muster]

:P :P
[right][snapback]86878[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Uh... I think you guys mean 400 --> 11 North --> east on 60 at the top of Huntsville.

But other than that... yeah, it's easy to get to.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.