"reflex" Wiper Blades...?
Do you recommend them "Highly?"

What are they like in winter?
Do they follow the window contuor well?
Do they chatter?
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
If your talking about the reflex wipers that you find at canadian tire, they are AWSOME..i have a set, and they work fantastic in the snow, and the rain, and they leave absolutely NO streaks or anything, i'd HIGHLY recoment these to anyone looking for new wipers
Repost? or post repeat to new forum?

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...topic=8811

If reflex then ditto what smith21 said^^^
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Yep, the reflex blades seem to be THE blades out there right now...ofcourse, for 4X more than the average wiper price, quality is expected. I believe i have heard that these Reflex are almost the same ones found on the new Mercedes-Benz E class. They are still pretty new so can't tell you if they are good in a long run...

Something that needs to be noted is usually when you buy wipers, they are sold like $9.99 per pair...however, these reflex blades are sold seperatly which is a good thing since most cars have different wiper sizes for passengers and driver. One reflex 19" should be around $19.99, the 17" or 18" thats for the passenger side is around $17.99.
2003 Focus ZTS Sedan - CD Silver - 2.0L ZETEC. Power Moonroof. Winter Package. 4 spd auto
2002 Mazda Protege ES Sedan - Sand Mica - 2.0L FS-DE. 4 spd auto

Toronto Protege Club Events Photographer
Toronto Protege Club Events Reporter
Wipers in pairs? When did you last buy wiper blades? They're always individual... and have been for many many years... especially at places like Wal-Mart and Canadian Tire.

The reflex ones have two simple advantages... they have a low profile and they form to your window. The first is nothing but an advantage.. I have winter blades on now and if you try to use wash on the window at speeds over 80, you're just pushing it around. There is so much lift, the blades don't wipe. the low profile of the reflex means it doesn't catch enough wind to lift off the windshield.

The second is that due to the fact that they have no frame, the reflex has been mounted as a blade on a moulded piece of flexible plastic. Great idea, but for one thing: when the plastic starts to loose it's shape as a result of temp change or whatnot, the blade will eventually lift in certain places. This of course would take a while tho, by which time you'd probably need new blades anyway. The lack of frame also means there is less wiper for ice to build up on. Always a plus. The only downside to no frame? Less strength. The wiper can't force away the snow or anything with as much ease as a framed wiper. A minor inconvinience tho.

Overall I'm glad I installed them on my mum's van. Good investment

EDIT: Oh an as for the price, I paid $15.99 for a 21" and $14.99 for a 19"...
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Sounds good!
Since the new year Canadian Tire have been out off stock for too long.
They told me to check back this week.
I don't even know what they look like close up.
"Focus On The Road!"

"March" was the next date I'm now waiting for a set.
"Focus On The Road!"

Penwraith,Feb 11 2005, 01:21 AM Wrote:I don't even know what they look like close up.
[right][snapback]85240[/snapback][/right]

[Image: 770CT_Reflex_Wiper_Blades-large.jpg]
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
"Reflex"

"I guess if they were on display I'd know what thier name was".

Thanks dBlast!

They look low and "well sprung".
"Focus On The Road!"

Penwraith,Feb 15 2005, 02:16 AM Wrote:"Reflex"
"They look low
[right][snapback]86161[/snapback][/right]

unlike your car buy springs first then worry about your wipers later :lol:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
What's "springs" got to do with "Wipers"?

You still hump'n my leg?(DD1)
"Focus On The Road!"

Raine, just to reply to one of your comments, apparently they will not lift at all becuase they have "memory metal" don't ask me what that is, but it sounds cool :P
Smith21 - hence the term "Reflex" to the memory metal.
"Focus On The Road!"

Damn!!! I want these wipers really bad. Crappy Tire is sold out!!
This is making me mad. :angry:
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
If anyone find a 24" and a 17" please let me know which store.
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
the one onthe dvp off of lakeshore has 4 sets for the zx3's so I htink they would fix your car
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
I can't find these anywhere either.. Anybody know which Canadian Tire still sells them?
[Image: svtfocusavatar1.jpg]

99 Mustang V6 Coupe Perf.Red w/MachAudio+TC
00 Mustang GT Coupe Perf.Red /MachAudio+Leather+TC
* 03 SVT 5dr Infra-Red Focus w/ Audio+Sunroof+WinterPkg
06 Mustang GT 'Vert w/ Shaker1K+IUP+ICA (~04/06)

* = (Current Ride)
Anyone have part numbers?
The distributor for these blades for Crappy Tire is outta stock until late April supposedly.
MAlby7,Mar 18 2005, 12:11 AM Wrote:Anyone have part numbers?
[right][snapback]94410[/snapback][/right]

21-1406-0 for the 22"
21-1402-8 for the 18"

I think the focus manual specifies 19" for the passenger side but they didn't have any 19" when I bought mine. After installation they seem to cover the same area as my previous wipers.

I have had them on since December and they are still working great! :) There is a noticeable difference in the performance compared to the stock wipers (which I still have on the rear hatch.)
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advanti Racing 17"x7" Scorcher000 27 13,917 07-10-2009, 04:44 AM
Last Post: Scorcher000
  Fs:18" Konig "hotswap" Wheels & Tires (4x108) castone 0 2,684 05-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Last Post: castone
  Jms "race" Lip Kits For The Us Spec Bumpers! ZX3TUNING 33 13,070 12-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Last Post: ZX5focused