Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok, This Is Fawked.
ZOOM,Jan 28 2005, 05:13 PM Wrote:Ok, this is fawked up even more now.

I also have been noticing a burning smell coming from my car when the heater is on and I am sitting at a light recently.

Today as I was driving to ford this morning, I turn on my heater and all of a sudden smoke starts billowing out of my vents. I'm getting nervous now I am about 5 min away from ford. I zip it down there as fast as possible but I get stuck at a light and i notice LOTS of smoke coming from under my hood, I am freaking out now.

I get to ford with the utmost speed, and I park my car, and run inside ford looking for a tech, he notices IGNITED oil dripping down from underneath my car...

There is a fire under the hood of my fawking car. The paint on the top of my hood starts to peel and they bring out the fire extinguisher....

They put out the fire and there seems to be no real damage to the car, the valve cover is somewhat melted and the hood is completely fawked... This is begining to scare me.

I checked my hids to see if any wires were toasted (first thing I had to do...) lol, and they are fine (BIIIIG sigh of relief). Seems to be limited to what i wrote above. I'm at the computer lab at school, and I go back to ford within the hour to find out what they have found out. Wish me luck guys, my baby was burning....

At least I can say I have a hot ride....  ;)

Oh yeah. And my key is still stuck in the ignition...

I guess god did not deem it punishment enough to have to drive a automatic focus, so he tried to burn it to the ground ala Jay styles.
[right][snapback]81696[/snapback][/right]

:o wow that sucks.
yes yes, life is playing roshambo with me right now... and i dun get to kick back so it just keeps going...
Run your car, not your mouth
ZOOM,Jan 28 2005, 05:38 PM Wrote:yes yes, life is playing roshambo with me right now... and i dun get to kick back so it just keeps going...
[right][snapback]81713[/snapback][/right]

well the best I can offer you right now to pep you up is to come over tonight and hang out at my place, have a couple drinks and relax with a few friends...

your welcome.
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
try to take it to the dealer cause it hapened to me like 3 times in a year and just put up a stink about it and thay should help ya out my dealer did....
j.a.dj,Jan 28 2005, 01:48 PM Wrote:try to take it to the dealer cause it hapened to me like 3 times in a year and just put up a stink about it and thay should help ya out my dealer did....
[right][snapback]81720[/snapback][/right]

Your car caught one fire 3 times? :huh: :blink: :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Drop it like it's hott.

Wow.

I would love to know what caused this.

Keep us posted Tony.

Sorry to hear about the car.
o sorry i just read the first post about the ignition geting stuck and no my car hasent caught on fire thats f-upd

my ignition went 3 times in one year :angry:
Now that I think about this more... I woud have let the thing burn. Pass me a wennie
ANTHONYD,Jan 28 2005, 05:59 PM Wrote:Now that I think about this more... I woud have let the thing burn. Pass me a wennie
[right][snapback]81733[/snapback][/right]

no kidding...

if my car ever started smoking, I'd drive it obliviously until I saw flames.

And then I'd pull over, grab my bag out the back, and have a seat on the gaurdrail... once traffic has slowed to a crawl, I would call the fire department and hope that the rubberneckers would buy the car time to get a good roaring going.

I don't want a car that has caught fire. So if it catches fire, you'll be damn sure I'm going to see just how much of the car CAN burn.

and then let insurance sort it all out.

I just don't love ANY car THAT much.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

good luck man.. i hope you don't get messed around with by ford or the insurance..

hopefully you will a sweet settlement like jay.. i know i wished that happened to my focus
Damn that sucks Tony. Once again, the time-honoured phrase of "at least you weren't hurt" comes to mind.

Good luck.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
well no insurance. I can't afford to let them be a part of this one, I don't want too/afford to piss them off anymore. I pay enough to them as it is.

Ford says its not their fault, I am out over a cool G.
ZOOM,Jan 29 2005, 08:10 PM Wrote:Ford says its not their fault, I am out over a cool G.
[right][snapback]81923[/snapback][/right]

Out of curiosity, who's fault are they saying it is? god? lack of maintenace? mods (engine) if you have any? extra wiring (ICE)?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
more info tony plz, you mean you dropped a G and thats it..... :rolleyes: no fighting it?
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
how close to stock is your vehicle?
:lol:
naz,Jan 30 2005, 05:32 PM Wrote:how close to stock is your vehicle?
[right][snapback]82103[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ph34r:
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,Jan 30 2005, 09:34 PM Wrote::lol:
naz,Jan 30 2005, 05:32 PM Wrote:how close to stock is your vehicle?
[right][snapback]82103[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ph34r:
[right][snapback]82105[/snapback][/right]

i haven't been keeping track of who's done what to their car sorry

i'm just trying to understand why his car started burning and he seems fine with forking over 1000 and calling it a day.
They said the valve cover was leaking oil onto my header which is exposed therefore if perhaps I had not removed the heat shield, it would have prevented the fire altogether. Now seeing how I did remove the heat shield I don't see how I have a leg to stand on.
So because the valve cover is leaking at HOW MANY KMs (you have a 2002, correct), you're suddenly liable for which company's crappy valve cover gasket?

I guess the only thing that could possiubly shift the blame away from Ford is: how many times, if at all, have you ever removed and replaced the valve cover itself?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
After reading about your unfortunate consequences, paying the dealer $130 to replace my valve cover gasket doesn't seem that bad. Sorry man, that sucks. :(
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sunroof Is Fawked FociPhil 13 2,496 07-09-2005, 07:33 AM
Last Post: S2