Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wtf!
Are you stock suspension and wheels?

A stress may have been transmitted from the road trough the suspension and released itself at your window? That may be your best "angle" to try with a dealer. Be sure to get the opinion of the GM if you do not like what the front line guy happens to say.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
dBlast,Jan 25 2005, 01:35 AM Wrote:I remember reading about spontaneous foci window shatterings before.  It may well be on one of those TSBs.  Do a search on one of the other forums.
[right][snapback]80664[/snapback][/right]

Great advice. If I was armed with the TSB I'm sure I'd have no issues with claiming it. ;)
2001 ZTS,Jan 25 2005, 01:43 AM Wrote:Are you stock suspension and wheels?

A stress may have been transmitted from the road trough the suspension and released itself at your window? That may be your best "angle" to try with a dealer. Be sure to get the opinion of the GM if you do not like what the front line guy happens to say.
[right][snapback]80668[/snapback][/right]

That's quite possible...and yes stock suspension and wheels.
my driver's door window (ZX5) cost $330 installed. I'm sure this little window will cost a lot less.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Jan 25 2005, 03:01 AM Wrote:my driver's door window (ZX5) cost $330 installed.  I'm sure this little window will cost a lot less.
[right][snapback]80705[/snapback][/right]

Well that's somewhat reassuring but I'm still determined to claim this under warranty ;) .

I finally signed up on fj but haven't got the confirmation email yet so I can't use their search function, can anyone here do a quick search on this for me (please). I'd really like to get a link to a TSB so I'll have some ammo for the dealership tommorrow. Thanks guys!

silver02svtf,Jan 25 2005, 01:11 AM Wrote:So what'd you guys think my chances are with getting the window replaced under warranty?
[right][snapback]80651[/snapback][/right]

Zip, Zilzh, Nada, Nothing.................Don't expect a warm welcome at the dealer with this one. They are going to laugh at you behind your back.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jan 25 2005, 03:43 AM Wrote:
silver02svtf,Jan 25 2005, 01:11 AM Wrote:So what'd you guys think my chances are with getting the window replaced under warranty?
[right][snapback]80651[/snapback][/right]

Zip, Zilzh, Nada, Nothing.................Don't expect a warm welcome at the dealer with this one. They are going to laugh at you behind your back.
[right][snapback]80712[/snapback][/right]

Bah...I'm still determined. Actually Discovery Ford has treated me well so far and have replaced/repaired things that were 'iffy' in my opinion.

I did find this on ff (check out the price :o )

ouch!!!
01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 24 2005, 07:28 PM Wrote:
Marction,Jan 24 2005, 07:14 PM Wrote:[quote=01-yellow-ZX3,Jan 24 2005, 06:46 PM]haha suckerrr

$200 deductible! w00t
[right][snapback]80626[/snapback][/right]

I wouldn't want to submit a claim for that small amount...even though it's not an at fault accident, it still counts as a claim and stays on your insurance record.

if possible, I'd pay it out of my own pocket in this case...
[right][snapback]80653[/snapback][/right]

Public insurance premiums don't increase if you're not at fault though. But I'm speaking about myself, not an ON driver.
[right][snapback]80661[/snapback][/right]
[/q

Don't MB have no deductible on glass claims if you pay for $200 deductible, or maybe that was for $100 deductible. I can't remember, I have never needed it.
So, do you have an update about the window?

the dealership will probably try to put the blame on the installer of the tint!
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
My Car caught fire because of Ford and it wasn't WArranty..lol

It's an insurance issue I'm 1000% sure.

Either way, will be tough to replace I think, sometimes those rear 1/4 windows are meant to not be removed...?
Say I was locked out of the car 1000miles from anywhere and had to break a window to get in which would be cheapest to replace on a sedan?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Jan 26 2005, 09:18 PM Wrote:Say I was locked out of the car 1000miles from anywhere and had to break a window to get in which would be cheapest to replace on a sedan?
[right][snapback]81234[/snapback][/right]

driver's side = $330 installed
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

:D :D NO CHARGE! :D :D . They even had the window retinted at NO CHARGE! As I said before, Discovery Ford has a great service department. All I did was write a letter explaining what had happened and emphasized the fact that there was no indications of an impact and that my suspicion is that freezing water around the window contributed to the break. I also took some pictures before bringing the car in case the whole window fell out in transit. Here are some pics;

[Image: 412351_32_full.jpg]
[Image: 412351_31_full.jpg]

Now I'm going out to diner to celebrate ;) .
silver02svtf,Jan 26 2005, 04:37 PM Wrote::D  :D NO CHARGE! :D  :D .  They even had the window retinted at NO CHARGE!  As I said before, Discovery Ford has a great service department.  Now I'm going out to diner to celebrate  ;) .
[right][snapback]81238[/snapback][/right]

No way! Wow, I guess when yo give head to the Service Manager..they do stuff for you.

:ph34r:
That desrves a WOOT. Did you play have to play the "stress" card?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Jays2000ZX3,Jan 26 2005, 09:42 PM Wrote:
silver02svtf,Jan 26 2005, 04:37 PM Wrote::D  :D NO CHARGE! :D  :D .  They even had the window retinted at NO CHARGE!  As I said before, Discovery Ford has a great service department.  Now I'm going out to diner to celebrate  ;) .
[right][snapback]81238[/snapback][/right]

No way! Wow, I guess when yo give head to the Service Manager..they do stuff for you.

:ph34r:
[right][snapback]81239[/snapback][/right]
:blink: :lol:
2001 ZTS,Jan 26 2005, 09:42 PM Wrote:That desrves a WOOT. Did you play have to play the "stress" card?
[right][snapback]81240[/snapback][/right]

Nope. I just explained my case wrote an eloquent letter as to what had happened, highlighted the fact that I've been extremely happy with their service thus far and plan on buying a car from them in the near future and that I am confident I will have no issues with the claim.

I guess that's pretty close to giving the service manager head. :P

Way to go! That's great! :D

Can we hire you to bring in our cars with questionable warranty claims. ;)
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
Well I am shocked. I guess I will have to stop calling the manager a fuktard and be a little nicer to get things done. Like I ever take my car to the dealer. :lol: